AOC G2460PF

Associate
A little update:
The flickering is back, yay!

Also, it just drops the connection, doesn't want to come out of standby and often no display when booting my PC.

Returned it yet again. Certainly not worth the 280 Euro I paid for it.

Last edited:
Associate
you can go into the device manager, find your monitor. right click it and select 'update driver software'.
a new screen will pop up, click 'browse my computer for driver software', either click 'browse' and navigate to the folder that the aoc92460.ini file is in or click 'let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer', uncheck 'show compatible hardware' and click 'Have disk', again followed by clicking 'browse' and navigating to the 'ini' file. hope this helps..

Last edited:
Associate
Ok guys latest crimson release known issues; Flickering may be experienced on some monitors when AMD Freesync™ is enabled.

If you get flickering which freesync enabled. Try enabling vsync in the crimson panel and set it to always on and test your games. Do you get the same issue still?

Edit: sorry for the multipost

Last edited:
Associate

thanks for all the info, Henson.

probably irrelevant, but I did see something in the thread about 'AMD drivers' on this board where it was suggested that forcing 2D clocks to be the same (?) as 3D clocks using ASUS gpu tweak cured 'flickering'.
Don't know if it was the same kind of issue, but might be worth a try.

Associate
not a problem and that was meant to stop fluctuating core clocks i believe barnacles. it is definitely worth testing however.
on the testing point, i have reverted to the beta provided by pcm and i now have the free sync range back of 30 to 146. in essence we waited all this time for a signed driver to basically receive a driver which doesn't alter the freesync range(Apart from the beta) not that it really matters to me, but it may to some of you guys.

edit: for any of you guys still suffering with flickering, please report the issue to AMD, you can report the issue by popping into the AMD driver thread and following the instructions in the latest driver post: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28952930&postcount=9566

Last edited:
Associate
Well, I guess that's why they still included the beta driver in the download. Kinda sucks, they promised a WHQL driver for 35-144 Hz Freesync, but they did not deliver. I don't like giving my hard earned money to companies such as AOC if they behave like this.

Not sure what to buy now though. Iiyama's ProLite GB2488HSU-B2 looks interesting but I'm not sure about the Freesync range. After mailing, iiyama told me it was 55-144 Hz, but dutch tech website Hardware.info states it's 35-120 Hz, which would be fine for me.

Associate
looking at the specs it seems to say 35-120hz for the prolite, but don't quote me on that. most of these companies do not even know them selves it would appear. on the plus side, if you are disappointed with a freesync range, it really isn't that difficult to make an override yourself.
also pcm previously stated that there is a whole bunch of pretty nice monitors coming next year, if you can wait a little longer.

Associate
Im experiencing horizontal black lines randomly while playing a game on this monitor.. vertical sync solves this issue, what is the cause of this?
Also sometimes it seems like a big sqaure moving and then dissapearing the black lines are flickering randomly and not att all times, its every random...

HDMI works fine..

This is the issue im currently having..

https://vid.me/oOqu
https://vid.me/P1W8

QOcXKCU.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Im experiencing horizontal black lines randomly while playing a game on this monitor.. vertical sync solves this issue, what is the cause of this?
It's because your fps are 293. The monitor can only handle 144fps max. VSync will prevent your graphic card to calculate more than 144fps.

Associate
Finally this monitor is back on stock in my country.
So what's the current verdict on the monitor? Is it worth the 300€?
Does the fixed version work as intented? As in 144hz overdrive freesync?

Last edited:
Associate
Also sometimes it seems like a big sqaure moving and then dissapearing the black lines are flickering randomly and not att all times, its every random...
I had some serious issues with CS:GO while using the Crimson driver. I think this combo is bugged currently.

Associate
I had some serious issues with CS:GO while using the Crimson driver. I think this combo is bugged currently.

I rolled back a driver and it did not solve the issue..
Im using HDMI cable now, and all seems working fine..
Seeing light lines appearing on hdmi now aswell..
Its either the DP cable or the EDID in the monitor.

Waiting on reply from AOC.

This is all in all a big headache.
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Associate

HDMI works fine..

This is the issue im currently having..

the second video is because of freesync. this also happens on my monitor and can be resolved by clicking alt-tab a few times, which changes the game mode out of full screen and back again. normally it takes me a good few times for it to go back to normal. with freesync disabled, this does not happen. you may also be able to get rid of the first video issue the same way, as that also looks like display corruption.
this could well be the edid, however try the game with freesync disabled and you should ntoice the issues go away.

Finally this monitor is back on stock in my country.
So what's the current verdict on the monitor? Is it worth the 300€?
Does the fixed version work as intented? As in 144hz overdrive freesync?

yes it does.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom