AOC G2460PF

Associate
the second video is because of freesync. this also happens on my monitor and can be resolved by clicking alt-tab a few times, which changes the game mode out of full screen and back again. normally it takes me a good few times for it to go back to normal. with freesync disabled, this does not happen. you may also be able to get rid of the first video issue the same way, as that also looks like display corruption.
this could well be the edid, however try the game with freesync disabled and you should ntoice the issues go away.

yes it does.

Also, the amd freesync was disabled already when i noticed the csgo issue.. in crimson.
I noticed the issue aswell on the HDMi port very randomly on csgo..
Does not appear to be happening as often as on DP.

Im on my television right now and i dont seem the notice a issue yet..

So RMA the Panel/Monitor?

Last edited:
Associate
Also, the amd freesync was disabled already when i noticed the csgo issue.. in crimson.
I noticed the issue aswell on the HDMi port very randomly on csgo..
Does not appear to be happening as often as on DP.

Im on my television right now and i dont seem the notice a issue yet..

So RMA the Panel/Monitor?

if this issue is happening with freesync disabled then yes, i would say RMA it.

Associate
thanks for all the info, Henson.

probably irrelevant, but I did see something in the thread about 'AMD drivers' on this board where it was suggested that forcing 2D clocks to be the same (?) as 3D clocks using ASUS gpu tweak cured 'flickering'.
Don't know if it was the same kind of issue, but might be worth a try.

update: I did try this 'tweak' with the asus utility - no improvement in terms of my flickering issue.

Associate
Wanted to note the flicker issue is gone for the moment.
As i said earlier that i switched to the telivsion for testing,
Funnily enough, the flicker started to happen on that screen aswell..
Causes was crimson driver.

Associate
so we have two kinds of flicker now then? one caused by the 2d clocks and one is potentially caused by something else?

not quite there with you Henson - I wasn't meaning to impy that the flickering was caused by the 2D clocks, myself... but you probably don't mean that.

just to clarify: - the flickering for me is 'in-game' as well as on (some) loading screens and whatnot, although I think more obvious in certain 'types' of area ...

anyhow, I doubt we'll be getting any more change out of AOC, so I think I'll bow out of this one.
The monitor seems to provide what I was hoping for - but I'm still not sold on it's performance in the 60-144hz range, whether down to AMD driver / freesync software issues or not.

Associate
not quite there with you Henson - I wasn't meaning to impy that the flickering was caused by the 2D clocks, myself... but you probably don't mean that.

just to clarify: - the flickering for me is 'in-game' as well as on (some) loading screens and whatnot, although I think more obvious in certain 'types' of area ...

anyhow, I doubt we'll be getting any more change out of AOC, so I think I'll bow out of this one.
The monitor seems to provide what I was hoping for - but I'm still not sold on it's performance in the 60-144hz range, whether down to AMD driver / freesync software issues or not.

my apologies, i completely misread your last post.

Associate
Hi all. I have this monitor and I bought it from Newegg.ca website, now I realized the option "overdrive" is grayed out. That is because it is old firmware right? What should I do? Also is there official driver for 30-144Hz freesync range yet, or just beta driver?

Associate
Hi all. I have this monitor and I bought it from Newegg.ca website, now I realized the option "overdrive" is grayed out. That is because it is old firmware right? What should I do? Also is there official driver for 30-144Hz freesync range yet, or just beta driver?

Yes, the firmware needs to be updated, thus be send back, im honestly suprised you still have the old firmware... since its probably still an old batch then..

Associate
At the price it's at now, this would have been a perfectly timed buy for me.

Does anyone have a fully functioning monitor and is happy with it?

Associate
I'm happy with mine even though AOC US hasn't replied about the return to update firmware for overdrive.
I got this monitor for $270 US from Newegg and currently using it with 30-144hz beta driver provided by PCM earlier in this thread. Also using AMD Crimson December update.
Overdrive - greyed out on 144hz, but I don't think it's a must for me, thus im okay with whenever AOC US actually decided to take it in and update the firmware.
Flickering - it's there when FreeSync is on, and it's noticeable on loading screen. I feel like it's only flicker when there are 2D element on screen, for example: LoL loading screen, Blade and Soul menu (there's no flicker in game, but if I alt tab to desktop it will flicker for a bit then it will adjust to normal) ... I don't really play AAA games, but no flickering on FFXIII, CS:GO, Shadow of Mordor ...
Pardon my English.

Associate
If the Freesync flikering will get fixed it's a good monitor. I'm waiting for more news on that before I buy another monitor.

No more AOC though. They have handled this Freesync range issue very badly and the new WHQL driver does still not address it properly. I'm sorry, but they are a bunch of amateurs and I don't want to deal with that for this kind of money because this monitor is not cheap in my country.

Associate
I am happy with mine and never got the flickering until last crimson driver.
The flickering is just for a second on a loading screen other than that it been perfect for me.(Props to PCM).

Associate
I noticed the other problem. PS I got another DP cable and now it is working fine, the one provided with my monitor is faulty.

I noticed big problem with colors. The thing is, the black shades of for instance wallpapers doesn't look smooth, its looks like steps, I can see all shades of gray/black. Also, some parts of the images look very noisy, like some sort of sharpness through sharpness is applied to the image, if you know what I mean.
I have tried latest official driver as well as the beta one, tried without freesync, tried 60,120, 144Hz modes. Returned monitor to default settings, installed latest graphics card drivers (I have R9 390X). Using DP (the one provided and one from 3rd party) cable or HDMI cable. I tried everything I could think of and the image is still very bad - its like it is in 16-bit color mode (its actually in 32).

Can somebody help me?

Associate
Ok guys just been digesting this thread over the last 24 hours along with some other internet stuff regarding this monitor, what's the general conclusion/opinion from owners on it now that the overdrive issue is 'fixed'? I bought in the boxing day sale and due to arrive tomorrow, is it worth opening and setting up and playing about with or should it stay in it's box and return?

This is my first venture into 1080p/144Hz/Freesync, I was looking for reasonably priced 24" 1080p screen to upgrade from my now very outdated 1680x1050 Dell 2209WA / 750ti set up and kinda jumped on this when I seen in the sale, am I going to regret this?

At the moment I'm playing mostly Battlefront, CSGO, Rocket League, H1Z1, TF2, Skyrim, all very casual gaming nothing serious or competitive.

Should probably also state that I bought the Asus Strix R9 380 4gb to go with this screen for freesync.

Thanks all.

Back
Top Bottom