Apex Legends BR

Soldato
It is definitely a change from the likes of PUBG ... the map has been designed really well to encourage exciting fights. I still do play PUBG and I play it sneaky beaky but with Apex Legends, it fits my old CS:Source style of play. In a way, Apex Legends reminds me a lot of fights in Unreal Tournament which I used to play a bit of.

I was thinking last night how much the combat reminds me of Unreal Tournament as well... I'd love it if they added the double jump and wall-jump then it would be complete!

Played about 4 or 5 rounds last night (just solo with randoms)... didn't come close to winning any but got around 4 kills per match which I was pretty happy with :)

Associate
Won a game last night solo. Both squad mates dipped at the start. I was playing wraith again. Found gold armour and Wingman. Every time I was spotted I ran like a chicken and hid till the end. Got to last 3 squads and the other 2 had an enormous Firefight. Waited and waited till it was over then one shot headshot the last guy who was healing with the Wingman. Not epic, but it was a solo win.

Associate
Tried a couple of rounds last night, holy crap there's a lot going on! I lasted literrally seconds in the first one then managed to hide and find some loot in the second. Some purple looking bloke just appeared from nowhere laughed off my entire mag. Boom, then I died. :D
Don't think I have the mental alertness for this kind of stuff anymore. :)

Associate
Tried a couple of rounds last night, holy crap there's a lot going on! I lasted literrally seconds in the first one then managed to hide and find some loot in the second. Some purple looking bloke just appeared from nowhere laughed off my entire mag. Boom, then I died. :D
Don't think I have the mental alertness for this kind of stuff anymore. :)

I always find this with new games. It's just getting used to whats what. Steep learning curve :D

Associate
Great game, especially for F2P. I am just terrible at it! Can't aim for sh!t.

Anyone got any mouse sensitivity tips?

I must admit they have got the loot system bang on. Makes it so easy for you.

Soldato
Great game, especially for F2P. I am just terrible at it! Can't aim for sh!t.

Anyone got any mouse sensitivity tips?

I dropped my sensitivity to 2.5 which has helped, 800dpi on mouse. More refining to be done i think but way better than i was doing before.

Associate
I always played with high sensitivity the likes of PUBG, CSGO and other games.

Recently dialed down my sensitivity by a large margin, at first seemed slowed to move and turn but now got used to it and its a lot easier to be more accurate whereas before i would move my mouse a bit and it competely missed target haha.

Associate
I always played with high sensitivity the likes of PUBG, CSGO and other games.

Recently dialed down my sensitivity by a large margin, at first seemed slowed to move and turn but now got used to it and its a lot easier to be more accurate whereas before i would move my mouse a bit and it competely missed target haha.

I was the same. Turned down the sensitivity in CSGO and after getting used to it I was getting headshots more frequently.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Finally played it last night. Couple of wins with a mate and one random. 970 is definitely struggling at 1440p though, everything been turned down or off apart from dynamic Res scaling (because it's horrible on IQ). Got it running smooth-ish but it's not where I want it to be! May have to get a GPU sooner rather than later if I keep playing!

Soldato

Absolutely... being able to see super quickly at a glance whether the item you're looking at is an improvement on what you currently have or compatibly with a weapon you have and just grab it is amazing... and I noticed also when you look at a potential new weapon if you already have attachments on the one you're replacing it even shows you which attachments are still compatible with the new gun and will automatically swap them all over to it when you grab it. Perfect... and that's just the whole design to - keep the gameplay moving and fast paced, no standing around looting corpses and unequipping and fiddling with attachments for 5 minutes after killing a squad, no 20+ minutes of running across endless wide open fields without another player in sight until you get blasted by a sniper from 1000m away...

My favourite thing by far though is the banner/respawn system... the amount of times my friends and I would drop into the school or the stadium on PUBG and beat 2 or 3 other squads but losing 1 of our own in the process, and that player would then be doomed to sit bored in spectate for anything from 10 - 30 minutes waiting for the game to end, or we'd all just suicide or quit... Having the knockdown phase first is still good design because it allows you to maybe res and turn the tide right away, or attempt to finish off a downed player to deny this... but winning the battle ultimately means you can recover your whole team - love it

Associate
Absolutely... being able to see super quickly at a glance whether the item you're looking at is an improvement on what you currently have or compatibly with a weapon you have and just grab it is amazing... and I noticed also when you look at a potential new weapon if you already have attachments on the one you're replacing it even shows you which attachments are still compatible with the new gun and will automatically swap them all over to it when you grab it. Perfect... and that's just the whole design to - keep the gameplay moving and fast paced, no standing around looting corpses and unequipping and fiddling with attachments for 5 minutes after killing a squad, no 20+ minutes of running across endless wide open fields without another player in sight until you get blasted by a sniper from 1000m away...

My favourite thing by far though is the banner/respawn system... the amount of times my friends and I would drop into the school or the stadium on PUBG and beat 2 or 3 other squads but losing 1 of our own in the process, and that player would then be doomed to sit bored in spectate for anything from 10 - 30 minutes waiting for the game to end, or we'd all just suicide or quit... Having the knockdown phase first is still good design because it allows you to maybe res and turn the tide right away, or attempt to finish off a downed player to deny this... but winning the battle ultimately means you can recover your whole team - love it

100% on them first two points. They are little things but they make such a huge difference, especially when coming from other BR games like PUBG where you can literally spend minutes fiddling about with loot and attachments, which can quite often get you killed.

Kudos to Respawn.

Soldato
I'm addicted. This game has really clicked with me for some reason. Respawn have absolutely smashed it out of the park in terms of game play and very polished free to play product. Their year 1 road map looks to be on solid foundations too.

Associate
I'm addicted. This game has really clicked with me for some reason. Respawn have absolutely smashed it out of the park in terms of game play and very polished free to play product. Their year 1 road map looks to be on solid foundations too.
I’m so glad because titanfall never got the attention it deserved. Last Titan standing was one of my favourite game modes

Associate
I’m so glad because titanfall never got the attention it deserved.

This. I actually really enjoyed TitanFall's multiplayer and it was sad to see people not give it a chance and flock to CoD instead.

I think this has got people's attention now, and it's another corker of a game so I've happily spent £14 to unlock the 2 characters.

Back
Top Bottom