** Apple Media Event - March 7th **

Soldato
OP
Been serious it does seem bait of a joke , they knew how popular it was going to be. Opened it up for say 15 minutes then shut it down almost seems like a pee take.

Can never work this out with high demand items not just with apple but tickets etc etc

The demand for it is going to be enormous - No server would be able to take it. You just have to be patient.

Soldato
I understand that much, however why then release it for 15 minutes then pull it ? Also why not introduce the Qing system similar to the FA website?

Not trolling just a geniune question. Is it the knowing how much stock they have left been the problem ? Or just pure bandwidth or something else?

Soldato
OP
I understand that much, however why then release it for 15 minutes then pull it ? Also why not introduce the Qing system similar to the FA website?

Not trolling just a geniune question. Is it the knowing how much stock they have left been the problem ? Or just pure bandwidth or something else?

You got to think of how many people (including myself :p) are refreshing the page right now. They probably opened it, saw the servers couldn't handle it and shut it down. Better to shut up shop and be able to put a "opening soon" message up than leave it open and watch the servers crash.

Soldato
You got to think of how many people (including myself :p) are refreshing the page right now. They probably opened it, saw the servers couldn't handle it and shut it down. Better to shut up shop and be able to put a "opening soon" message up than leave it open and watch the servers crash.

Ok I get that much but surely when they open the shutters again so to speak , servers will just get hammered again ?

Soldato
Well that was pointless, The New iPad, we're not gonna call it the 2S because of how bad we messed up when you expected the iPhone 5 and we only gave you a 4S, so let's just call it The New iPad, at least until our marketing team comes up with something.

Will be nice to be able to get tv shows and movies in iCloud though

Back
Top Bottom