ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 AM4 Monting brackets

Associate
Swapped mounting round so the plate is in its stock configuration.

Set voltages and frequencies manually.

Normal position was 4-5C warmer in the same stress tests at the same conditions. There was also a greater different in the temp between the CCX's with 7-9C for stock and 4-5C for the ryzen 3000 placement.

Ryzen 3900x on a B550 tomahawk mobo.

in the ryzen 3000 position the TP looks like this

p5pb19945595.jpg

p5pb19945593.jpg

stock position it fits the IHS corner to corner

p5pb19945598.jpg

p5pb19945596.jpg
Is it better to use the stock AM4 mounting or the offset mounting?
Seems the offset mounting is running cooler but has worse coverage, is that right?

Associate
Is it better to use the stock AM4 mounting or the offset mounting?
Seems the offset mounting is running cooler but has worse coverage, is that right?

It still covers the important parts. I’m using the offset and temps are great; have had it like that since day 1.

Associate
I installed the 360 version with the rev3 mounting plate and it was a bit of a pain still. You need three hands as you need to push the mounting plate from behind as you try to screw in the heatsink. I put a tea towel behind it and closed the case to push it upwards which worked.

Associate
Just had a response from my mail before Christmas from Artic. They are aware of the problem of the bracket overlapping the components and are working on a revised kit, but no ETA for arrival in Germany. Been developed in Hong Kong.

There was a suggestion to use a Dremel to try and make the brackets fit.

Associate
Just had a response from my mail before Christmas from Artic. They are aware of the problem of the bracket overlapping the components and are working on a revised kit, but no ETA for arrival in Germany. Been developed in Hong Kong.

There was a suggestion to use a Dremel to try and make the brackets fit.
It only just fits on a x570 tomahawk. Think I’d have given the dremel idea a go if it didn’t fit.

Associate
Is it ok that the motherboard backplate hangs loose with the standoffs fitted but tightens up fine with the block fitted? I’ve only tried this dry so far.
Also, the top metal mounting clip is just touching the row of capacitors without moving them. Could that cause an issue? I can’t use the offset position as it fouls the M.2 slot.

Associate
Is it ok that the motherboard backplate hangs loose with the standoffs fitted but tightens up fine with the block fitted? I’ve only tried this dry so far.
Also, the top metal mounting clip is just touching the row of capacitors without moving them. Could that cause an issue? I can’t use the offset position as it fouls the M.2 slot.
That’s exactly how it was when I fitted it and it works great. The backplate being loose is what makes it a pain to install but it tightens up once you’ve done up all the screws. On the x570 tomahawk I probably have less than a millimetre between the plate and capacitors, it might even just touch but again I’ve not had any issues and I’ve had it installed for nearly a week.

Caporegime
Swapped mounting round so the plate is in its stock configuration.

Set voltages and frequencies manually.

Normal position was 4-5C warmer in the same stress tests at the same conditions. There was also a greater different in the temp between the CCX's with 7-9C for stock and 4-5C for the ryzen 3000 placement.

Ryzen 3900x on a B550 tomahawk mobo.

in the ryzen 3000 position the TP looks like this

p5pb19945595.jpg

p5pb19945593.jpg

stock position it fits the IHS corner to corner

p5pb19945598.jpg

p5pb19945596.jpg
Hi Ross.

It's not really clear to me from your post.

Which appears to be the best position?

Sounds like the stock position, but which position is that? :p

Caporegime
The offset position is better but isn't possible on all boards.
Got it.

On my board and case, Crosshaiir VIII Hero and Phanteks P600s, i cannot fit it using the offset and having the tubes at the bottom as recommended by GN.

I tried to stretch it and one of the mounting screws is now bent slightly. Got another one on route and will return the other and will have the tubes at the top from now on, as i saw no difference in temps between either setup.

Associate
Got it.

On my board and case, Crosshaiir VIII Hero and Phanteks P600s, i cannot fit it using the offset and having the tubes at the bottom as recommended by GN.

I tried to stretch it and one of the mounting screws is now bent slightly. Got another one on route and will return the other and will have the tubes at the top from now on, as i saw no difference in temps between either setup.

Top mounting the AIO in exhaust confit is the preferred approach for gaming as you’ll be feeding the system with cool air instead of warm air; and it’s better for the AIO.

Associate
top mount exhaust will feed the AIO with hot air from the GPU.

Front mounting will feed the GPU and rest of the system with hot air, so it's worse for gaming. I have mine top mounted and with everything running full tilt, the GPU maxes at 70c i.e. not thermal throttling, and the CPU runs under 70c.

Associate
Front mounting will feed the GPU and rest of the system with hot air, so it's worse for gaming. I have mine top mounted and with everything running full tilt, the GPU maxes at 70c i.e. not thermal throttling, and the CPU runs under 70c.

its not exactly "hot" air that comes out of the rad TBF.

I don't know what CPU you have or what full tilt means.

Associate
its not exactly "hot" air that comes out of the rad TBF.

I don't know what CPU you have or what full tilt means.

Yea, but cooler air is still better, and the CPU is secondary to the GPU when it comes to gaming.

I have a 5800X and by full tilt I mean stressing the system with a game or heavy task. If you're gaming, you want the GPU to be in the best state possible, and if you're doing something CPU heavy, the GPU wouldn't be doing much so the AIO would get sufficient cool air from the front fans.

Back
Top Bottom