ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 AM4 Monting brackets

Associate
Yea, but cooler air is still better, and the CPU is secondary to the GPU when it comes to gaming.

I have a 5800X and by full tilt I mean stressing the system with a game or heavy task. If you're gaming, you want the GPU to be in the best state possible, and if you're doing something CPU heavy, the GPU wouldn't be doing much so the AIO would get sufficient cool air from the front fans.

That's pretty hot for an 5800x core when gaming

Caporegime
Top mounting the AIO in exhaust confit is the preferred approach for gaming as you’ll be feeding the system with cool air instead of warm air; and it’s better for the AIO.
top mount exhaust will feed the AIO with hot air from the GPU.
This. Front mounting as intake gives the GPU cool air and is the best setup in my case.

420 AIO would only fit in the front anyway.

Associate
Yes, as Ross said the air from the rad is pretty cool anyway. I just switch the fans around to have them sucking air in through the front of the case.

It's really only the sensible setup in my case.

Fair, 420mm is massive so you’re limited based on the case you have, but generally speaking top mount is better for gaming, especially if you have a smaller AIO as it’ll soak more heat.

Caporegime
Fair, 420mm is massive so you’re limited based on the case you have, but generally speaking top mount is better for gaming, especially if you have a smaller AIO as it’ll soak more heat.
Top intake (if it would fit) would be bad for my GPU and Chipset and DRAM temps. Top Exhaust would be bad for my CPU temps due to the GPU heat.

Associate
Top intake (if it would fit) would be bad for my GPU and Chipset and DRAM temps. Top Exhaust would be bad for my CPU temps due to the GPU heat.

Yep, never top intake but top exhaust would be slightly worse for the CPU. Configure it around what you use your system for.

If you aren’t mainly doing heavy CPU operations then front intake is worse because you’re feeding warm air to the GPU, drives, chipset and VRAM. For the majority, a cooler GPU is more beneficial.

Associate
Has anyone tried fitting the 360mm AIO with a X570-F motherboard? It seems that in both the offset mount and standard mount the bracket gets blocked by the capacitors on the side.

Associate
Bit concerned with the amount of play between the standoff screws and the backplate on the x570 tomahawk see here: https://youtu.be/e4NVoxQ2olU
I've mounted the rest of the cooler but there's still a fair bit of movement that I'm very uncomfortable with.
I've read others have experienced this but I'm wondering if I need a replacement backplate?

Associate
Bit concerned with the amount of play between the standoff screws and the backplate on the x570 tomahawk see here: https://youtu.be/e4NVoxQ2olU
I've mounted the rest of the cooler but there's still a fair bit of movement that I'm very uncomfortable with.
I've read others have experienced this but I'm wondering if I need a replacement backplate?

Ive installed 420mm version of the cooler on X570 MSI Unify last week and it fits nicely. Before you install the block it feels like the block will be really loose but once everything is screwed in, it wont budge.

Associate
Ive installed 420mm version of the cooler on X570 MSI Unify last week and it fits nicely. Before you install the block it feels like the block will be really loose but once everything is screwed in, it wont budge.
Yeah, you're absolutely right! Wish they'd mention that during the installation!

Associate
I have the 280 version and had to slightly amend the bracket to get the offset position to fit on my B550 Aorus pro.
It's top mounted as exhaust and with PBO enabled and CO at -20 temperatures reach 80c in cinebench R23 multicore on my 5800x.

When mounting the cooler to the CPU do you screw the thumb screws fully in (using screwdriver) or do you screw them tight with your hands and then tighten slightly more using a screw driver?

Last edited:
Soldato
All i got from Arctic support was a email confirming my request and that someone would respond as soon as possible, that was on the 16th.

Have just checked the ticket i raised about getting the new mounting clips and found it was actually closed on the 22nd of December. No email or any info on why it was closed. :(

Associate
Has anyone tried fitting the 360mm AIO with a X570-F motherboard? It seems that in both the offset mount and standard mount the bracket gets blocked by the capacitors on the side.
Depending on the Revision, different way to installing it. Installed the previous (Rev 1, no issue). Was worried about the Rev 3 when I got it, but using the correct spacer/screw, they won't touch the capacitors on the left.
Requested the Rev 1 mounting gear, was promised one when available. 3900x offset -0.2V, 5.3ish all core, 5.66 sigle core. AIDA, 60C max, so I assume the mounting works even better than the previous version (mid 60's).
Following the video, all fine.

Associate
Depending on the Revision, different way to installing it. Installed the previous (Rev 1, no issue). Was worried about the Rev 3 when I got it, but using the correct spacer/screw, they won't touch the capacitors on the left.
Requested the Rev 1 mounting gear, was promised one when available. 3900x offset -0.2V, 5.3ish all core, 5.66 sigle core. AIDA, 60C max, so I assume the mounting works even better than the previous version (mid 60's).

Following the video, all fine.

0.2v offset is a huge amount.

Soldato
I have the 280 version and had to slightly amend the bracket to get the offset position to fit on my B550 Aorus pro.
It's top mounted as exhaust and with PBO enabled and CO at -30 temperatures reach 80c in cinebench R23 multicore on my 5800x.

When mounting the cooler to the CPU do you screw the thumb screws fully in (using screwdriver) or do you screw them tight with your hands and then tighten slightly more using a screw driver?
That seems quite warm for such a strong cooler, I'm seeing similar temps on a wraith prism with less negative curve.

Last edited:
Associate
I got one of the new rev 4 mounting kits after I asked them for one.
Looks to be no problems fitting it on my Dark Hero motherboard, no more incompatibilities.

Didn't receive any MX-5 though, maybe they will include it with new purchases.

Back
Top Bottom