• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK 6900 XT NOW ONLY £689.99 (£649.99 FOR LOYAL FORUM MEMBERS)

Soldato
Going from a 970 to a 6900xt was a big upgrade in more ways than one. It was a tight squeeze to get it in the Phantek Enthoo Pro. Will need to be more aware of that in future.

AF4-D79-BD-43-E0-4-C60-98-CF-8-C1308-D5-C652.jpg

Best of all I finally have enough VRAM to do GPU rendering in blender again...
short-lived.jpg

Well that was a short lived dream. Gibbo any deals on dual 3090 with an NV bridge :D :cry:

gEd

gEd

Associate
My card arrived the morning that @Gibbo said the price was going up £50 (which I'll be honest, was mildly gratifying as not all of my purchased have been "timely")

out of the box, time spy score (3440 × 1440) of 18436 compared to my best score of 8385 with my Vega64 Nitro that I bought (from here) in 2019.
This is on my "old" Asus CH6 with a 3900X CPU and 32GB of 8pack 3600 RAM that I had the foresight to buy back when I originally had an 1800X that only did 2400.

Peak gpu temp 68C and it's a darn sight quieter that the vega did under load.

Oh and DPD continue to just be the best. Don't ever change couriers. There's DPD and then a really big drop to the next best courier.
"you're order will be delivered to day between 07:40-08:40".
order delivered 08:05

happy days.

Associate
Going from a 970 to a 6900xt was a big upgrade in more ways than one. It was a tight squeeze to get it in the Phantek Enthoo Pro. Will need to be more aware of that in future.

AF4-D79-BD-43-E0-4-C60-98-CF-8-C1308-D5-C652.jpg

Best of all I finally have enough VRAM to do GPU rendering in blender again...
short-lived.jpg

Well that was a short lived dream. Gibbo any deals on dual 3090 with an NV bridge :D :cry:
Just out of interest I have just bought the card in the end as well as I really like the look of it, what are the dimensions of it? Because my case is a Phanteks Evolv ATX which I think is quite a similar case to yours so I am a bit worried about GPU clearance now as well.

Soldato
Just out of interest I have just bought the card in the end as well as I really like the look of it, what are the dimensions of it? Because my case is a Phanteks Evolv ATX which I think is quite a similar case to yours so I am a bit worried about GPU clearance now as well.
I can’t measure it at the moment but the asrock website says 330mm long and my case has 347mm of space with the HDD cages installed. I had to angle the graphics card as I put it in as it was catching between the lip of case and a solid panel the enthoo pro has. I also have all my HDD cages installed. It was a minor inconvenience but I just need to be aware that I can no longer assume that the GPU will fit.

Looking at the Phanteks website you will need to remove one or both of the HDD cages if you want to install this card.

Associate
I can’t measure it at the moment but the asrock website says 330mm long and my case has 347mm of space with the HDD cages installed. I had to angle the graphics card as I put it in as it was catching between the lip of case and a solid panel the enthoo pro has. I also have all my HDD cages installed. It was a minor inconvenience but I just need to be aware that I can no longer assume that the GPU will fit.

Looking at the Phanteks website you will need to remove one or both of the HDD cages if you want to install this card.
That is great thanks for the advice, I will do what is necessary to install this card.

Soldato
Wee thing annoying me with the AMD software, sometimes I like to open the overlay to see FPS etc, but it keeps resetting its size to like 50% which is unreadable, so I have to go back into the adrenaline centre and change to 100.

I also hate how you have to enable ALL hotkeys, I only want the overlay toggle, the rest clash with ingame ones.

Last edited:
Soldato
Managed to get one , looking forward to swapping the 2070 out, was going to wait for the 7900xtx but this was a good deal and more than enough for my needs for a good number of years now.

Associate
I received mine yesterday but unfortunately I can't install it because my new PSU has not arrived yet, I believe it was sent by the other supplier by Royal mail so I think I am out of luck for now, makes me a bit sad that I can't test it.

Associate
Wee thing annoying me with the AMD software, sometimes I like to open the overlay to see FPS etc, but it keeps resetting its size to like 50% which is unreadable, so I have to go back into the adrenaline centre and change to 100.

I also hate how you have to enable ALL hotkeys, I only want the overlay toggle, the rest clash with ingame ones.
I pretty much only use Alt+R and my sizing never changes, it's stuck at 75% which like.

What other hot keys are you referring too?

Soldato

Mine never remembers. So every time I want it I have to enable it again.

That said it doesn't matter where you put it in PUBG or how small it is in the way, so probably for the best.

Caporegime

You can deactivate any individual hotkey. Select it and press delete.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom