Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Associate
Just booted this up, haven’t spent this much on a game for years.
Spent 1 hour tweaking settings from rockpapershotgun and it’s running silky on Ryzen 2600, 1070ti @ 1440p.
Really enjoying Kassandra storyline so far

Soldato
I seem to be missing the first mercenary. I have killed 3 in the first tier you are in (9?) but missed the first one as I have not seen them.

That's normal. I have killed plenty of higher ranked ones thus moved up the ranks, yet lots of lower ones I have never encountered so filled with blanks I cannot see. I think they can fill up in any order and as long as you kill ones higher ranked then yourself you will move up the next step.

Soldato
I just
got Euripides drunk, had a discussion with Socrates and banged Alkibiades, and possibly a goat, all during one mission.

This game:rolleyes:
I am not alone! I felt a bit weird too

On another note, I am a sword/shield user in most rpgs so imagine my surprise when I picked up a Epic spear to try at lv26 and was hugely surprised at how well it performed. Might just have to try the other weapon types now too.

Soldato

On another note, I am a sword/shield user in most rpgs so imagine my surprise when I picked up a Epic spear to try at lv26 and was hugely surprised at how well it performed. Might just have to try the other weapon types now too.
In origins as soon as I got a spear I used it till I completed the game,it was a superb weapon in origins.

Soldato
Can anyone explain the repercussions behind the conquest system? If any?

The wife and I are super confused, if you fight AGAINST Sparta, will you then damage your reputation with Sparta? Are these entirely separate to the main story in every way and just a side mission of your choosing regardless due to being a mercenary? We're story players and really don't want to just pick the conquest options with the best gear if it's going to effect the story in any way.

Soldato

The wife and I are super confused, if you fight AGAINST Sparta, will you then damage your reputation with Sparta? Are these entirely separate to the main story in every way and just a side mission of your choosing regardless due to being a mercenary? We're story players and really don't want to just pick the conquest options with the best gear if it's going to effect the story in any way.
I can't answer your question but couldn't you and your wife do either side, one fight for Sparta and the other for the, is it Romans, side ? And then see what, if any, the outcome is ??

Man of Honour
OP

Lots of questions circulating on this. The answer seems to be that you can fight against them with no repercussions on the main story if you only do the conquests. You can do the conquests as many times as you like, so you can revert it back to the original owner. You can also decide to not kill the leader and the region will slowly recover. I also want to side with Sparta, but also want 100% discovery.

Soldato

Here's how it roughly works:

There isn't a standing - you're constantly referred to as a merc (Misthios). Both sides don't care if you murder them. It is stupid I know. You have to decrease the controlling faction's power to force the takeover/defence missions.

Example: If Sparta controls a region, then you need to actively go out and kill anything Spartan. Soldiers/Supplies (those purple icons in camps), captains (found in key forts/camps) and leaders. The latter of which, should have a bigger impact out of the lot. You need to repeatedly do this or the 'nation fortification bar' that is on the right side of the map screen will begin to raise again as the army recovers from their loss or assigns new captains/leaders.

Once a takeover/defence mission has completed, the region's power control will be full again and you will have to lower it again if you want to defend that region, or if you want to return it to the opposing faction. You always get more epic gear if you side with the attacker, though this means you have to fight more harder Gold named baddies.

I've noticed that in Odydysyey, a lot of things are very poorly explained and the conquest system is one of them.

Associate
That's normal. I have killed plenty of higher ranked ones thus moved up the ranks, yet lots of lower ones I have never encountered so filled with blanks I cannot see. I think they can fill up in any order and as long as you kill ones higher ranked then yourself you will move up the next step.

Thanks. I have seen a level 46 mercenary in the level 9 region and that also confused me. I went to fight them but then realised how high they were.

Soldato

Did you sing songs with those two?:D

Spears are nice, I use daddy's sword as my primary and an epic spear I got from a merc as my secondary but I'm only level 18 after 25h. Will leave upgrading for a bit longer and just experiment with weapons, hard is still doable if your gear is not "up to date" so it's pointless to waste resources. If I'm sure I want to stick with given stuff I upgrade every few levels and switch out in between. I'll get to it properly once I hit 50:p

Man of Honour
Back
Top Bottom