Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Associate
Started a new game+ and playing as the male now. Probably stick to the main story and miss the side quest when possible. Will try for a different ending as well, ending last time was a happy family so will try for a bad ending.

Soldato
Started a new game+ and playing as the male now. Probably stick to the main story and miss the side quest when possible. Will try for a different ending as well, ending last time was a happy family so will try for a bad ending.
I got the happiest ending, and tbh I was kind of disappointed... Reminds me of Mass Effect 2, where the ending where everyone survived really feels underwhelming and lacks weight. If I play it again I'll engineer it so I get a few bad outcomes(in ME2 that was making sure Jacob and Jack die in the suicide mission!).
it also kind of ruins the story of the dlc... Its all about settling down with a family and all that... Well all of my family survived and the cutscene I got was them having family dinner... I'm playing the dlc thinking 'why don't I just go back to that other family I have'

Soldato
I got the happiest ending, and tbh I was kind of disappointed... Reminds me of Mass Effect 2, where the ending where everyone survived really feels underwhelming and lacks weight. If I play it again I'll engineer it so I get a few bad outcomes(in ME2 that was making sure Jacob and Jack die in the suicide mission!).
it also kind of ruins the story of the dlc... Its all about settling down with a family and all that... Well all of my family survived and the cutscene I got was them having family dinner... I'm playing the dlc thinking 'why don't I just go back to that other family I have'

Yup was wondering exact same thing. Would have been nice to see a tie in from the family you saved. Kind of feels weird to be honest as you partially spent the whole main game trying to bring your family together and yet totally absent in the DLC

Soldato
Finished episode 3 earlier. Overall I would say Legacy of the First Blade was quite good. It is more of the same and it is a shame it didn't add another aspect to the game. Story is pretty good, 3rd episode being the best.

Biggest issue with it is the same as the dlc for Origins ... It takes place in probably the worst areas in the game world. Makedonia is boring, Messenia and Achaia are too generic(plus, they aren't new, I'd already explored the extensively). Dlc is best when it at least tries to feel different from the base game.... I hope the next dlc adds at least one new island.

Still not bored of the game tbh. I'd play another dlc arc tomorrow if they released one!

Soldato
Hopefully the next DLC is more mythical or at least set in a completely different environment.

It is definitely more mythical, and you'd expect at least one to be set somewhere new from what we know so far(which isn't much to be fair). There are plenty of islands not in the game atm that they could add...and Samos is a good size island which is one of the nicer areas and doesn't have any quests on it atm.

P.S earlier I got a quest in Sparta where all you have to do is tell some kids the story of Persues. Coincidentally I was listening to Stephen Fry's Heroes audiobook on the way home from work last night, the Perseus chapter, so I knew it perfectly!

Soldato
I finally bought it. Heard great things about this game and I am coming to an end on Wildlands and (the very short) New Dawn. Got the gold edition for the DLCs, AC3 and ACL too. Hope it's worth it @ £33.60 (Uplay price with 20% for 100 Uplay club credits) which seems cheap vs everywhere else.

Man of Honour
OP
I finally bought it. Heard great things about this game and I am coming to an end on Wildlands and (the very short) New Dawn. Got the gold edition for the DLCs, AC3 and ACL too. Hope it's worth it @ £33.60 (Uplay price with 20% for 100 Uplay club credits) which seems cheap vs everywhere else.

lol, crazy worth it at that price. Hours and hours of content.

Soldato
I wish I'd bought the Gold edition now. The season pass hasn't had a reduction in price yet. I wasn't expect to enjoy the game as much as I did.
Season pass is amazingly good value though, once you factor Assassin's Creed 3 remaster in to it.(which I am interested in playing again, after reading about some of the gameplay changes they have made. AC3 wasn't a bad game, it just had some really bad missions in it... Not as bad as Black Flag, but it was getting there)

I have high hopes for the Atlantis dlc too.

Soldato
lol, crazy worth it at that price. Hours and hours of content.

I figured as much! After watching tonnes of youtube vids on it, it looked so vast and quite fun. Would've bought much sooner had the whole microtransaction thing not put me off. Strange how first perceptions can do that. Only an hour in but I'm enjoying it so far.

Back
Top Bottom