Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Associate
This sounds like a game I could get into.

Question is, should I get the standard edition or gold edition - do you get any benefits from the start from having the season pass, is there anything I would miss out on by not buying it?

Standard is £24, £40 for gold edition.

From reading this thread the DLCs sound impressive!

Soldato
This sounds like a game I could get into.

Question is, should I get the standard edition or gold edition - do you get any benefits from the start from having the season pass, is there anything I would miss out on by not buying it?

Standard is £24, £40 for gold edition.

From reading this thread the DLCs sound impressive!

You don't really miss much but it feels more organic to complete the dlcs as you go rather than stacking them all at the end. Can't go wrong either way. I got the gold edition from the start, based on the strength of Origins' dlc, and haven't regretted it. I don't buy games that often anymore (just end up in the backlog etc), especially not full price at release, but I did for this one & will happily do it again for the next one. Until Ubi inevitably f's it up, anyway.

Associate
You don't really miss much but it feels more organic to complete the dlcs as you go rather than stacking them all at the end. Can't go wrong either way. I got the gold edition from the start, based on the strength of Origins' dlc, and haven't regretted it. I don't buy games that often anymore (just end up in the backlog etc), especially not full price at release, but I did for this one & will happily do it again for the next one. Until Ubi inevitably f's it up, anyway.

My impatience and excitement got the better of me on this one, watched a youtube review and then purchased it about 15mins after asking the question here :D

Not started it yet, got a couple of things to do this morning so hoping to make a start on it in a few hours, it looks fantastic!

Soldato
Kudos to Ubisoft's artists. All 3 chapters are truly wonderful works of art. Finished the Underworld section now, still very impressed with the DLC. Let's see how it ends!

48340462832_7b21437627_o.jpg

48340462657_865998b929_o.jpg

Man of Honour
That's an interesting video. It shows just how much of the land is devoid of people. You don't really notice when you're playing.

I guess thats mainly because you are running from populated point to populated point. If you go off the beaten track you find the areas with no people, which I suppose makes sense really.

Soldato
Yeah, honestly, I never felt like the world was uninhabited, which is usually a common feeling I get with such games. I think they got the placement of everything just right. Reminds me of Witcher 3's '30 seconds rule', you never go too long without something happening.

Man of Honour
OP
Finally on episode 3 of Atlantis. Wow. Beautiful. They really went to town with these new world designs.

I guess thats mainly because you are running from populated point to populated point. If you go off the beaten track you find the areas with no people, which I suppose makes sense really.

Pretty much this. The world would have been sparse in those days. What I do miss from origins is that people were doing lots of activities which made the game feel really alive. They don’t do anything in odyssey.

Soldato
£34 for gold edition seems a good price should I go for it. Deals for this game don't happen much for this game.

Yeah well worth it. Base game alone is massive. The 2 story arch's, in particular last story arch, fate of Atlantis you get with expansion pass is a massive set of worlds in thier own right.

I imagine if you like the game, well over 100 hours if not closer to 200 hours of content for most.

Soldato
Okay I'll get it payday tomorrow. I still need to make a start on origins. I don't have the dlc for that game but unlike oddyssey it's not that good apparently.

Back
Top Bottom