Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Soldato
What the hell did they do to the combat in AC...

It used to be really good and quite tactical/realistic, now it just looks like some generic hack and slash game with magical abilities thrown in :/

I got the key free with a GPU but I might just sell it. Can't even be arsed to start playing it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
What the hell did they do to the combat in AC...

It used to be really good, now it just looks like some generic hack and slash game with magical abilities mixed in :/

I got the key free with a GPU but I might just sell it.

The irony is, if they hadnt changed the combat, I would never have bought Assassins Creed Origins because I never clicked with any of the previous AC titles all that much (I 100%'d AC Origins). So, not that I mean much, they got a purchase from me (of both Origins and Odyssey) in part because of the changes

Soldato
Midnight , they said 00:00 , which would be midnight not midday. If it was midday, then the release day would have been the 1st Oct, not the 2nd

Hmm, must have given us early access at work then...someone said the launch was midday so I just fired it up and started playing when I got home without thinking about it!

Caporegime
I liked Origins a lot (100+ hours), but this looks so similar with respect to the mechanics that I'm not sure I can plough the same amount of time into it.

I'll probably still end up getting it, but ill wait for a sale. Reviews look good!

Soldato
Well performance for me is awful, getting an avg 35-40fps with everything maxed and it looks like the game is upscaling with really rough blocky edges ?

Just checked AC : Origins and that runs flawlessly maxed same resolution. More messing about required me thinks.

Soldato
Well performance for me is awful, getting an avg 35-40fps with everything maxed and it looks like the game is upscaling with really rough blocky edges ?

Just checked AC : Origins and that runs flawlessly maxed same resolution. More messing about required me thinks.

What you running?

Soldato
i7-7700 @ 4.20 - 20gig ram - 1080gtx 8gig - 411.70 drivers 3400*1440

I was thinking it was maybe using VPN to play but I close that down as soon as I launch the game.

Man of Honour
i7-7700 @ 4.20 - 20gig ram - 1080gtx 8gig - 411.70 drivers 3400*1440

I was thinking it was maybe using VPN to play but I close that down as soon as I launch the game.

Well thats a better rig than mine, will be interesting to see how mine does in 10mins time :)

Back
Top Bottom