Assetto Corsa Competizione

Really is just a matter of a bit better awareness from both. If I was the Aston I'd have recognised the fact I'd left the Apex in another postcode and that the Audi was close enough to fill that space. In the Audi's situation I might have decided to brake straighter and pin the exit given the two in front were squabbling rather than take the normal line / speed in to the apex just in case a cut back was going to happen. Just one of those things.

Yeah, anyone who disagrees with you just doesn't get it. :rolleyes:
No, anyone that can't really argue the case or address the points being made, while relying on generic and often unrelated sim racing old mansplaining just doesn't get it.
Really is just a matter of a bit better awareness from both. If I was the Aston I'd have recognised the fact I'd left the Apex in another postcode and that the Audi was close enough to fill that space. In the Audi's situation I might have decided to brake straighter and pin the exit given the two in front were squabbling rather than take the normal line / speed in to the apex just in case a cut back was going to happen. Just one of those things.
Nailed it.

No, anyone that can't really argue the case or address the points being made, while relying on generic and often unrelated sim racing old mansplaining just doesn't get it.

Nailed it.
Was the penalty applied after stewards looked at the footage? The only thing that might have swung the decision is the Audi was off the brakes and coasting at the point it was apparent the Aston was taking a cut back. If he spotted the cut back in time and stayed on the brakes contact might have been avoided but I'm guessing he was looking through the corner and didn't spot the impending doom in time :p All a bit of a mute point now.

The penalty was applied during the race not long after, so it was live stewarding with a quick look on the replay after a report.

At the 'oh ****' point where it was apparent that the Aston was cutting back, it would've been a split second decision to dab a bit more brake and quite a big ask that only really works in hindsight.
I think both cars were too focussed on the corner to really do anything about it.

If you want to see some definitely awful driving and actual divebombs, check this out from yesterday's RCI 6hr at Indy.
Our other team had a bad day with a few Astons on a rear end extravaganza. This was just one of the worst offending cars and doesn't show the others that wrecked our sister car several times.
I was meant to be racing with a couple of guys, but a disconnect at the start screwed that.

Last edited:
You can't even be objective as it was your team mate to blame. If your mate had been the one spun you'd be agreeing with me.

Mansplaining? Really? Last comments from me. Take care and happy racing....

You can't even be objective as it was your team mate to blame. If your mate had been the one spun you'd be agreeing with me.

Mansplaining? Really? Last comments from me. Take care and happy racing....
Convenient assumptions there. You don't know me. If you did, you'd know that there have been similar incidents involving me, him or other team mates where we've been on the other side of it and can take responsibility for being at fault. He may be my mate, but I'm more than capable of telling him if he's at fault and the door swings both ways.
Not only have you failed to even make a valid point that actually applies to the situation, you haven't even been able to respond to any of the points I've made. You just seem to ignore what's said and go on to make vague generalisations.
The fact is that I've presented my case far better than you have yours.

Yes, it is mansplaining when you somewhow pointlessly feel the need to explain simple things like how to follow a car into a braking zone, which is something that doesn't even apply to this case and isn't something you need to educate me about.

ED: What do you think my opinion is on this incident last weekend involving one of our other cars? What's your opinion on it?

Anyone has a trainer for this game?
A what?

Last edited:
Anyone has a trainer for this game?
First off, I'm not very good :D

Right now that's out the way, my approach is to not have any racing lines or brake point helpers showing, manual gears and damage on.

I then do time trials with either one or two ghost cars (think ACC does this, I'm currently ams2) that are a second or two quicker than me.

This seems to improve my understanding of track brake and turn in points.

Edit to say as I get faster I choose faster ghosts :)

Last edited:
Lot of cheap DLC deals for this at cdkeys.com at the mo.

I'm in the crazy situation of having a GT Omega(?) wheel stand partly built in the backroom having bought it before last Xmas, a practically unused Logitech G290 under my pc desk bought 3+ years ago to replace a dying ~2006 Fanatec, but after years of not sim racing and now long covid I'm struggling to get back into racing... Must try harder!

I'm in the crazy situation of having a GT Omega(?) wheel stand partly built in the backroom having bought it before last Xmas, a practically unused Logitech G290 under my pc desk bought 3+ years ago to replace a dying ~2006 Fanatec, but after years of not sim racing and now long covid I'm struggling to get back into racing... Must try harder!
First of all. Look after yourself. Get healthy mate and get racing!

You have a fantastic set of hardware that even my jealous of (I have a joypad)

:eek:
Content:
  • Red Bull Ring
  • KTM X-Bow GT2
  • Porsche 935
  • Maserati MC20 GT2
  • Mercedes-AMG GT2
  • Audi R8 LMS GT2
  • Porsche 911 GT2 RS Clubsport Evo

£14.99

Last edited:

How you doing fella?

How you doing fella?
Struggling on cheers, had the wheel stand built for ~2 months (took surprisingly little time to finish, loads of spare bits for other wheel typres), but so far the racing mojo hasn't really come back. I dabble in my racing collection that I re-installed on Steam, but after ~15mins I'm done, whereas I can start up Rocket League Rumble and play upto an hour on a good day.

Back
Top Bottom