ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition: The Ultimate LGA2011 Motherboard

If feels as though the pursuit of excellence has taken a back seat in favour of shifting large quantities drab products with quality going out of the window. I guess that after nearly three months of waiting we'll start to find fault with most things.

Were are you inline Cosimo with regards to getting a mobo?

Is there any way to find out where in the queue we each are? If we don't know the number of units arriving then it doesn't help that much but but if I knew I was number 263 rather than number 11 then it would stop me checking all these forums several times a day.

I was a bit daft, because I waited until it showed up on another site before ordering, hoping to find it cheaper.

Is there any way to find out where in the queue we each are? If we don't know the number of units arriving then it doesn't help that much but but if I knew I was number 263 rather than number 11 then it would stop me checking all these forums several times a day.

I was a bit daft, because I waited until it showed up on another site before ordering, hoping to find it cheaper.

That info isn't available to us. I suppose you could ask in the OcUK Customer Service forum whether you're likely to get one when the batch comes in but I wouldn't waste their time and just check back here or in Latest News just like the rest of us. :)

Funny that another (lesser) company can give exact details about order numbers, stock allocated to them and dates for their two delivery arrivals yet OcUK can give us zero information other than "we wont be getting as many boards as we have pre-orders for" and appear unable to get even a firm delivery date out of Asus.

I don't want to moan - but I guess I just did ;)

also its not a great idea to continue running with a preorder when they know they will be understocked and many of us will be let down until gawd knows when.....

Last edited:
Funny that another (lesser) company can give exact details about order numbers, stock allocated to them and dates for their two delivery arrivals yet OcUK can give us zero information other than "we wont be getting as many boards as we have pre-orders for" and appear unable to get even a firm delivery date out of Asus.

I don't want to moan - but I guess I just did ;)

also its not a great idea to continue running with a preorder when they know they will be understocked and many of us will be let down until gawd knows when.....

Yeap, the thing is when OCUK have your money they can get interest on it while you wait for your hardware.
I was told by someone on the phone 100 units but i dont think they will ghet that amount, probably be very very lucky to get 50 as Asus are stingy.
I dont care anyhow, ill grab one when all the drama calms down, saying that by that time the R5E will be out. I have a more than capable system to carry me through the winter.

Last edited:
a price hike is inevitable in a shortage, but the ETA of today is interesting, i certainly have not received any notification of my pre-order, but i was a little late to the pre-order party..
do you think this new price is for all who are still on pre-order?

,pre order you should get it the price you payed.

Yeah - just not the actual product :D

pity those preordering now - probably wont see anything until Jan/Feb (also probably like the rest of us who didn't preorder in the first 10 back in Sept)

I am quite unhappy about some of the product launches at the moment.

I have had a RIVE black edition on order since 13 September and still waiting.

I have just found out that the EVGA Classified 780ti's I have on order are now delayed to 27 Dec.

The performance of the 780ti's in general is short of where it should be, they should be right up there with the GTX 690 but a lot of the time they don't get close.

The latest intel CPUs (4770k, 4960, 4930k) are all poor clockers.

What is going on in the PC marketplace, do manufacturers want to kill it ?

The EVGA Classified ti will be an amazing clocking card for sure. I agree the wait can be frustrating but the best products are worth the wait.

We have some stock arriving tomorrow.

I think the price hike is harsh, be interesting to know if ocuk has had to pay more for there stock, if not they should be ashamed, so glad i picked up a 2nd hand rivf to tide me over.

Didn't you buy a asus formula x79? its not unusual for ocers to charge more when they have t he stock the ram I ordered was 155 pre order now the ram in stock costs 200

Back
Top Bottom