ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition: The Ultimate LGA2011 Motherboard

could you post a picture of adia64 'sensors' page?
Aida64 (latest beta version) only shows very few entries with R4BE.

Here you go:

Sensor Properties:
Sensor Type Nuvoton NCT6791D (ISA A00h)
GPU Sensor Type Diode, ON NCP4206 (NV-Diode, 20h, 20h)
Motherboard Name Asus Rampage IV Black Edition

Temperatures:
Motherboard 29 °C (84 °F)
CPU 28 °C (82 °F)
CPU Package 35 °C (95 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #1 29 °C (84 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #2 22 °C (72 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #3 23 °C (73 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #4 28 °C (82 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #5 30 °C (86 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #6 24 °C (75 °F)
PCH 41 °C (106 °F)
GPU1: GPU Diode 40 °C (104 °F)
GPU2: GPU Diode 31 °C (88 °F)
WDC WD3003FZEX-00Z4SA0 37 °C (99 °F)

Cooling Fans:
CPU 1450 RPM
Chassis #3 716 RPM
GPU1 1075 RPM (30%)
GPU2 1119 RPM (30%)

Voltage Values:
CPU Core 1.280 V
+3.3 V 3.280 V
+5 V 5.000 V
+12 V 12.000 V
+3.3 V Standby 3.424 V
VBAT Battery 3.360 V
CPU VTT 1.038 V
CPU VTT #2 1.038 V
CPU PLL 1.788 V
VCCSA 1.137 V
VTT 1.064 V
PCH +1.1 V 1.100 V
PCH +1.5 V 1.500 V
DIMM AB 1.675 V
DIMM CD 1.675 V
GPU1: GPU Core 0.875 V
GPU1: GPU VRM 0.894 V
GPU2: GPU Core 0.875 V
GPU2: GPU VRM 0.894 V

Current Values:
GPU1: GPU VRM 1.09 A
GPU2: GPU VRM 1.08 A

Power Values:
CPU Package 21.50 W
CPU IA Cores 12.37 W
GPU1: GPU TDP% 6.79 %
GPU1: GPU VRM 0.97 W
GPU2: GPU TDP% 5.80 %
GPU2: GPU VRM 0.96 W
Debug Info T 00 00 00
Debug Info V 1D 00 99 50 99 99 00 (02)

tons of problems with r4be bios to be honest, don't expect r4be is as good as r4e in terms of stability after OC.

Where are you getting all these "tons" of problems from?

I have a x79 dark and I have a r4be. I;m just comparing these two after testing them and giving you guys some feedback that you cannot find from official review.

Given that we have no idea what "testing" you've been doing telling us again to go with a dark really isn't much feedback at all. It's beginning to sound like some EGVA trolling on your behalf.

tons of problems with r4be bios to be honest, don't expect r4be is as good as r4e in terms of stability after OC.

Don't see how you can claim that. The BE's bios is not as mature that is true and so far there is at least one known issue with reboots related to over current/voltage protection, however, the BE does achieve higher memory overclocks. That the bios is not mature yet is to be expected really but you can't claim that it is less stable given good tuning of settings.

Otherwise feel free to provide evidence of 'tons of problems'

Last edited:
Where are you getting all these "tons" of problems from?

Given that we have no idea what "testing" you've been doing telling us again to go with a dark really isn't much feedback at all. It's beginning to sound like some EGVA trolling on your behalf.

Don't see how you can claim that. The BE's bios is not as mature that is true and so far there is at least one known issue with reboots related to over current/voltage protection, however, the BE does achieve higher memory overclocks. That the bios is not mature yet is to be expected really but you can't claim that it is less stable given good tuning of settings.

If you start to overclock your cpu and ram on this board, you will see what problems are. e.g. reboot problem, cannot save the bios setting for some entries(randomly), strong echo after installing asus sound chip driver. The first problem is the no.1 killer, it prevents us using our cpu over 4.3G.

Achieve higher memory overclocks is useless for me and many others as performance heavily degrades after 2666mhz.
Besides, my focus (also many others) is different from extreme OCers'.
We need a 24/7 stable system after OC, on the contrary, Pro OCer only need a system that is stable enough for running benchmarking tests.

If you start to overclock your cpu and ram on this board, you will see what problems are. e.g. reboot problem, cannot save the bios setting for some entries(randomly), strong echo after installing asus sound chip driver. The first problem is the no.1 killer, it prevents us using our cpu over 4.3G.

Have done so and as noted, the problem can be solved by tuning your settings. Overclocking is a tuning game, if you're not willing to do that then just stick to low overclocks. The board is rock solid and has given lots of people very high and stable overclocks so again, you can't really claim this is not the case - not a fanboi but facts are facts.

Have done so and as noted, the problem can be solved by tuning your settings. Overclocking is a tuning game, if you're not willing to do that then just stick to low overclocks. The board is rock solid and has given lots of people very high and stable overclocks so again, you can't really claim this is not the case - not a fanboi but facts are facts.

could you post your bios settings which is able to stop instantly shut-down problem? and does it require less volt to stabilize compared with r4e?
how do you solve the sound chip driver problem? do you notice strong echo?

Set overcurrent/voltage protection to its highest, 180% or whatever it is, not at home atm. I wouldn't know about r4e but don't expect it to use much less volts, if at all. Have no issue with sound though I'm primarily in Linux. On windows I never installed Asus' drivers, just the default realtek ones.

Well with OcUK loweirng the price of the RIVE I went ahead and ordered that.

I only realy wanted the BE for the enhanced sound, but ill just put the money saved now towards a dedicated £120 sound card.

Back
Top Bottom