ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition: The Ultimate LGA2011 Motherboard

High speed ram is a waste of time 1600 is the sweet spot as is proven here.
Using 2600 mhz ram is actually slower than 1600mhz.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWgzA2C61z4

Yes In need, I had already seen that video and thanks anyway. With LGA2011 platform that extra bandwidth will help as I will be using R4BE+4930K for transcoding, photoshop, folding and of course gaming plus benchmarking for fun in my spare time. Got to be at least 2133MHz otherwise I may as well stick with the oodles of Sammy Green's I have even if they odd without a heatsink, btw what happened to OcUK stock of those?

A set of my old Corsair Dominator Platinums running @2400mhz 9-11-11-25 1T 96 or faster.

I don't know why but Corsair don't make them anymore but still sell other speeds.

Good timings for 2400MHz! I checked the Corsair Plat 2400MHz the other day and several places listed these modules are being discontinued other than 2133/1866/1600. Would have looked nice with a 780 Ti but maybe its a blessing as I can go for the Avexir RAM.

Hope to see some benchies to see how it compares to the rive :D are you able to put 2x 290x's in both systems for a test??

Just hit a slight snag, I opened up the box with my new 900D in it and it turns out that someone has already used it. The in/out shield from an Asus mobo left in place gave it away. Then I noticed some of the screws and accessories are missing.

I am not happy.:mad:

Just hit a slight snag, I opened up the box with my new 900D in it and it turns out that someone has already used it. The in/out shield from an Asus mobo left in place gave it away. Then I noticed some of the screws and accessories are missing.

Oh **** that's not good, bought from ocuk?? I wouldn't be impressed one bit :(

Where did it come from? :(

Oh **** that's not good, bought from ocuk?? I wouldn't be impressed one bit :(

This is what I found when I opened the box, can any one match the mobo to the in/out shield in the pic ?

35o6.jpg

Missing screw and PCI slot blank, I found the blank in the bottom of the case but I don't know where the screw is. Also cable ties and other screws missing.

lbpu.jpg

Missing screw and PCI slot blank, I found the blank in the bottom of the case but I don't know where the screw is. Also cable ties and other screws missing.

I thought they were missing but found the small box containing the screws and ties stuffed into a drive caddy. I'd be putting that lot back in the box and demanding a replacement.

I thought they were missing but found the small box containing the screws and ties stuffed into a drive caddy. I'd be putting that lot back in the box and demanding a replacement.

It is now back in the box awaiting pickup, new one is on the way. I found the box in the drive caddy but some of the bits were missing.

I wonder if whoever had the case before me is still trying to find his in/out shield.:D

Back
Top Bottom