ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition: The Ultimate LGA2011 Motherboard

well, i was 19th on Friday, and now i am 8th, so that's possibly 8 boards arrived over the weekend, and a few cancellations, my order date was 15th Nov.
looks like its picking up, i am hopeful now for an Xmas build project!
:)

The bios is a bit flaky.

Did a simple tweak to ram and it crashed out and then went into a loop during POST that didn't want to clear.

Eventually got it back up by spamming the del Key :D and got the message "overclock failed" which I think has been reported elsewhere.

1 guy on the ROG forum I see has had the same issue but cant get his to post at all now or get back into the bios.

well, i was 19th on Friday, and now i am 8th, so that's possibly 8 boards arrived over the weekend, and a few cancellations, my order date was 15th Nov.
looks like its picking up, i am hopeful now for an Xmas build project!
:)

Did you get an update via email on this? I've been going off the info posted here and I reckon I'm no more than 10th in the queue, was 36th about 9 days ago if that tallies up with others here.

That would be typical Mint8, we get our boards after all this time, load rated freq, timings, volts and it crashes. I better check this out because I haven't picked my RAM yet and don't want any issues if it's related to unsupported modules.

That would be typical Mint8, we get our boards after all this time, load rated freq, timings, volts and it crashes. I better check this out because I haven't picked my RAM yet and don't want any issues if it's related to unsupported modules.

Its not - mine is supported but still fell over on the first attempt - but its more the fact I couldn't get back in to change anything for about 10 mins of trying.

I was always led to believe on the rive it helps speeds up the boot process, only by a tiny amount but every little helps. I turn everything off in the bios that is not being used.

And are you sure about it being 1&4???? Again on x79 I thought that pcie lanes were automatically assigned depending on number of cards being used. Either way if I'm wrong I can understand if it were 1&3, but not 1&4

Just checked, slots 1,3&4 are x16, slot 2 is x8 regardless of configuration.
So 2 way sli can go 1&3 or 1&4

Last edited:
hi all my board arrives today

just wanted to check which slots to use for crossfire set up 2x 290x

thanks.

k7ui.jpg

cz0f.jpg

It's 1/4.

The bios is a bit flaky.

Did a simple tweak to ram and it crashed out and then went into a loop during POST that didn't want to clear.

Eventually got it back up by spamming the del Key :D and got the message "overclock failed" which I think has been reported elsewhere.

1 guy on the ROG forum I see has had the same issue but cant get his to post at all now or get back into the bios.

Yes, have had the same issue. To get it to get to 'overclocking failed' you can press the power button for 3 sec while it's booting (before it does the reboot) so it powers off. Then power it back on and it should say overclocking failed without pressing del.

The bios is indeed a bit flaky sometimes, particularly sensitive to non-auto PLL and LLC settings I've found. So far have found something that is quite stable, only things I've changed are spread spectrums, cpu vcore, cpu/vcssa overcurrent (140 and 120% respectively), memory to xmp and cpu ratios. Previously needed quite a bit of vcore for 4.5 and even 4.3, now stable at 4.4 with 0.6-0.7V less..

Back
Top Bottom