Asus ROG Ally

Caporegime
Been trying to source a 64Gb Steam Deck for a while now, either new or a reasonably priced 2nd hand unit, proving very difficult.

So I'm hoping either they are holding stock until this releases on the 13th, or I might need to wait for a comparison between this and the top end SD as I have handheld money burning a hole in my pocket.

It's funny you mention the 64GB Steam Deck.

I've not seen it in stock or available to order for months. I've not really seen anyone mention it either :s

Underboss
It's funny you mention the 64GB Steam Deck.

I've not seen it in stock or available to order for months. I've not really seen anyone mention it either :s
I think it's been OOS since March when they had the 10% off deal, which I missed. The 256GB has been OOS since around April also

Lots going on scalper type sites though...

Soldato
I think it's been OOS since March when they had the 10% off deal, which I missed. The 256GB has been OOS since around April also

Lots going on scalper type sites though...
There's a few that come up for sale on here.

I bought a 256GB model with 512GB SD card, slim hardshell case and rubber case for £350 delivered.

Why didnt Asus add track pads on the ROY Ally? I use the right trackpad on the Steam Deck every time I use the device

Associate
I've taken the plunge and ordered one. I have a blue light card and they are offering 10% off if you preorder.

Last few years been looking at a handheld device and thought about a steam deck more than once, I want something primarily for high end emulation and between the 10% off, and watching a video the other day saying they would pick the ally if emulation was your primary focus, it persuaded me to give it a go.

Soldato
I've taken the plunge and ordered one. I have a blue light card and they are offering 10% off if you preorder.

Last few years been looking at a handheld device and thought about a steam deck more than once, I want something primarily for high end emulation and between the 10% off, and watching a video the other day saying they would pick the ally if emulation was your primary focus, it persuaded me to give it a go.

You could save further then by buying an e-gift card as well. Not sure on prices but a £600 one would save you a further £27.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why would it ship today?
Incidentally Currys just emailed to say there is a delay and provided a £5 refund.
EDIT: Sorry! it was the bag not the Ally itself.

£5 refund on a £25 item... that cant be bad.... so far so good with Currys.

So far... :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Why would it ship today?
Incidentally Currys just emailed to say there is a delay and provided a £5 refund.
EDIT: Sorry! it was the bag not the Ally itself.

£5 refund on a £25 item... that cant be bad.... so far so good with Currys.

So far... :D

As some people have received them early and I was hoping they'd maybe ship today....no actual specific reason other than I'd like it early as well!

Soldato
Whenever i’ve bought high demand items from Currys it shows in stock, then the purchase goes through, im charged and i wait but then nothing. Then check in store or call which takes ages to speak to someone for them to say “it’s out of stock” FU Currys

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
People are going crazy on Reddit checking their tracking, I haven't look at it once since ordering. I mean what can I do if it's delayed other than ask for a compensation?

Back
Top Bottom