Asus ROG Ally

Associate
DPD tell me they'll be here between 2 & 3 this afternoon. Out this eveing but hopefully will get a chance to at least power it up before then. Not sure what game to put on that isn't so large it'll take an age to download!

Si.

Si.

Soldato
I think the Ally is a great device, however,r my Facebook groups are full of people not knowing how to setup and run a windows device. Updates not completing, programs not working as they expect (mainly user error), Window updates taking 4-6 hours to complete, them needing a reboot to find more updates.

I think the hardware of the Ally is great, but big issue that casual gamers are going to have is with the Windows OS. ASUS have done a great marketing on this, but I think that's bringing in a lot of users who are expecting it to just work and it's not the experience there going to get until MS come up with a better handheld focused OS.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
been playing around with mine for the last hour very nice device

im also i steamdeck owner and im really shocked at how much more premium this device feels and looks in comparsion
from the plastic quailty to the screen and and how the buttons and triggers feel

and for me a native windows device is a plus not a negative vs SteamOS but then again im a windows PC gaming veteran since 1995 so i know what im doing

Soldato
Got mine - slightly odd that it won't switch on unless you plug it in first despite being charged - also how do you get the keyboard to show to input wifi password, had to use steam deck dock and keyboard to get passed that..

Other than that very nice so far, shame its not black and the RGB will be switched asap lol..

Sem

Sem

Soldato
Got mine - slightly odd that it won't switch on unless you plug it in first despite being charged - also how do you get the keyboard to show to input wifi password, had to use steam deck dock and keyboard to get passed that..

Other than that very nice so far, shame its not black and the RGB will be switched asap lol..
thats normal steamdeck and some laptops do the same thing

its called battery storage mode

Soldato
OP

Read on Reddit about KB: It’s left back button + D-pad UP brings up keyboard

Soldato
Windows experience so far is awful - Microsoft store shortcut doesn't work and neither does armoury crate, doesn't look like either are actually installed but no way to fix.. have done all windows updates etc..

Soldato
Windows experience so far is awful - Microsoft store shortcut doesn't work and neither does armoury crate, doesn't look like either are actually installed but no way to fix.. have done all windows updates etc..

Had to reinstall windows in the end - ******* hate MS, nothing ever just works.. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom