Asus ROG Ally

Associate
Ive been playing with a retail version today.

As exciting as it is, it defo feels disjointed still.

Maybe its just me, but it makes me excited for what Xbox or Sony could do with a handheld now.

I’d also sacrafice a bit more weight for a larger battery.

The fact this thing can play Battlefield 2042 at 60fps in a full server or Microsoft Flight Simulator is nothing sort of astounding.

However, Windows still holds it back.

Its the double edged sword with this device. What makes it great is that it is a Windows device. What makes it bad, is that it is a Windows device.

Associate
Did anyone get there's in a cardboard box because mine only had a think packet and the box has dents.
Was it from Currys? I got an ipad from them last year and it just came in a plastic bag over the box, no proper external cardboard box which I thought was poor. I don't think the standard box is enough for transport IMO.

Associate
Does anyone know where to get the carry case? It’s out of stock at Curry’s and I’ve had it pre-ordered from the ASUS store since May but my order has been processing since then.

Soldato
Ok...

I sat for a second staring at this thing... looking at SF5 playing flawlessly thinking... how lucky this generation that has access to such great new technology that is literally available at your fingertips....

I havent even tried any of my other games yet, but to play these games, on the go... at a very good performance...

So far no sticky buttons... but so far... I really am impressed and am very happy with the purchase.

Cant wait to set it up properly over the weekend.....

Is it worth while doing a fresh W11 install you reckon?

Associate
Has anyone used Emudeck for Windows on their unit yet? I think you can get it by coming a Patreon of theirs.

I am tempted to order one, really love the way Emudeck works on the Steamdeck and would like the same on the Ally.

Associate
Can anyone recommend a cheapish power bank for this + would the Ally recognise it as being plugged into the mains?
I imagine it would need to have a decent output, so 65W to support the Ally?

Baseus Power Bank, 65W 20000mAh USB C Portable Charger is £53 I see - looks decent​

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Has anyone used Emudeck for Windows on their unit yet? I think you can get it by coming a Patreon of theirs.

I am tempted to order one, really love the way Emudeck works on the Steamdeck and would like the same on the Ally.
No but will look into alternatives such as retrobat and playnite

Back
Top Bottom