Asus ROG Ally

no, the only difference isn’t storage. there are hardware differences. Different screen for example being the prime reason most buy the 512. I agree outside of that there isn’t a huge difference. But it does mean it’s not fair to compare the cheapest sd to the most expensive ally. Cheap for cheap high for high

The screen is the same from what I understood, just has an anti reflective coating no? Still same screen. What other differences?

Yeah pretty sure the only difference was the crappy screen filter thing and the hard drive. There is no other difference.
Ooh you get a different case I think

Reactions: TNA
Yeah pretty sure the only difference was the crappy screen filter thing and the hard drive. There is no other difference.
Ooh you get a different case I think

Yep. That’s why I went with the 64gb and stuck in the extra storage myself. To me it is fair enough to compare it to base model based on this. Asus can feel free to release a 64gb version as well at a lower price, but I bet they won’t.

Yep. That’s why I went with the 64gb and stuck in the extra storage myself. To me it is fair enough to compare it to base model based on this. Asus can feel free to release a 64gb version as well at a lower price, but I bet they won’t.

That is the smart move absolutely. I actually got a SSD in case I got a deck but decided not to in the end (was a 256gb for £18).

Reactions: TNA
I did the same because my use case was for light games and/or streaming because I'm lucky enough to already have a decent PC.

The Ally seems to target AAA games, and I'm sure it'll be very capable, but probably not in terms of battery life. Happy to see the market expand though - always good to have options.

Is the rumoured price of $600 confirmed yet for the lowest price model? That is a definite yes from me.

Anything in the $1000 plus range needs to serve as an amazing multi media device as well in day to day use.

SuperSaf one of UK's biggest tech channel did an unboxing

Looks really nice that.

I wanted a Deck and really at the asking it is an amazing bit of kit.

However, when a chap brought one into work and I got to use it I quickly realised this wasn't the device for me.

As above, also now wondering how much this is going to cost...

Last edited:
This machine looks fantastic. Might end up getting one alongside my PS5, so I can play on the go. I didn't bother getting the Steam Deck, so this might be worth picking up!

Look forward to Steam Deck 2. But I get the feeling Steam Deck 3 will be the one where it is almost perfect and one that I keep for a long time without feeling like I need to upgrade.

This is Valve... there will never be a steam deck 3! Everyone will want one, but it will never be!!

So apparently no black colour will be available. Damn now I have to use one of those skins when they come out.

Whilst colour does play a minor part, arguably with this stuff it's completely function over form for me. I tend not to look at the case when I'm trying to play a game

Back
Top Bottom