• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI/AMD's new Morphological Anti-aliasing

Soldato
Then you'd be pleased to know that there won't be a game where you won't be able to whore it up! ;)

A blurry 4x AA is not whoring it up. :D I like my image to look sharp and jaggie free. I play minimum 16xAA and most of the time 32xAA and can even go upto 64xCSAA. But I totally except I am not the norm when it comes to AA. :D

I also cant think of any game that I play where I cant apply or force AA?

Soldato
Yes, catylist maker has already said in a later catylist releae possibly 10.11s.
there are ways to enable it unofficially though ;)
i've done the mod and the options are in CCC but i can't see any different from no AA to MLAA. it's either not working or i'm doing something wrong.

Soldato
OP
i've done the mod and the options are in CCC but i can't see any different from no AA to MLAA. it's either not working or i'm doing something wrong.

You must be doing something wrong then cause the games i have worked, though there are a few instances where it doesnt apply to some dx 11 or dx10 games. those are specifically down to the type of AA they use ect.

Soldato

I had trouble getting it to work as well. I had to uninstall the whole lot and install the modded set that final8y posted eariler. It worked OK then.

there are a few instances where it doesnt apply to some dx 11 or dx10 games. those are specifically down to the type of AA they use ect.

If you read about how it's implemented, I don't think that it matters what the version of DX it is. It should work in all instances. When I tried it in the Warhead bench it didn't seem to work in DX10 although it does appear to work in BC2 DX11, which is great as the in game AA doesn't apply to all surfaces.

Soldato
Maybe people are forgetting to change from "standard" to "edge-detect"

Let's step back a bit... The idea is for MAA to work even if antialiasing is disabled (i.e. set to 'application' with no AA set in the application itself). In this case the AA sample type is ignored so setting it to edge-detect won't dictate whether or not it works. It just seems that the filter, at the moment, does not work with every title.

Caporegime
Let's step back a bit... The idea is for MAA to work even if antialiasing is disabled (i.e. set to 'application' with no AA set in the application itself). In this case the AA sample type is ignored so setting it to edge-detect won't dictate whether or not it works. It just seems that the filter, at the moment, does not work with every title.

You still need to set it to edge detect or it doesn't work, in my own experience..

Using Crossfired 6870's ;)

Soldato
Can anybody else confirm this? I did ask this a few pages back (last night) as I was curious as to if it would make a difference. And yeah... Nice graphics cards there - you should update your signature to reflect your awesomeness ;).

Back
Top Bottom