Baldur's Gate 3

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Had a quick look. Don't think I can't deal with gortash and what seems like two dozen enemies. I mean I would have to get very creative and save scum to do it. So I guess I need to move on :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Finally found something you can't murder hobo :cry:

I could. Just would take ages and require a lot more effort. I could use all those barrels I have been saving up at the camp for example :D

But I get the feeling the odds seem so impossible because the game does not want you to wipe them out, yet... :p

But for sure doable I think.

Soldato
I could. Just would take ages and require a lot more effort. I could use all those barrels I have been saving up at the camp for example :D

But I get the feeling the odds seem so impossible because the game does not want you to wipe them out, yet... :p

But for sure doable I think.

I've stalled again. There is something about the city that just kills my motivation to play. I have no interest in speaking to random people or going into random buildings because there are so many.
I might just have to ignore every quest other than the 'main' one in order to get through it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I've stalled again. There is something about the city that just kills my motivation to play. I have no interest in speaking to random people or going into random buildings because there are so many.
I might just have to ignore every quest other than the 'main' one in order to get through it.

I am not speaking to every person. Can't be asked with that. I am speaking to what seems like key people and also just competing the side quests.

I think for those that it takes loads of time to complete they literally speak to everyone :p

I think I did the whole section in like 5-6 hours maybe? That includes going in some caves I found etc.

Best thing to do is play the way you want to play. Not what people or even the game wants you to play. That's what I do and I am still very much enjoying it.

As I said from the get go, the characters and story is not interesting enough for me to want to read every text and chat to everyone etc. If I did that it would start to feel like a chore.

Right now my fun is trying to reach level 12. Once that happens I actually might just stick to the main quest and be done with it.

If I was not a bit busy this weekend with other stuff I actually think I would stand a chance of completing it, because looking at the speed I am leveling up I will be level 12 in a few hours if I find some more people I want to kill :p

Soldato
Are we talking about the same thing? I am in the Lower City, not talking about Wyrms Crossing or w/e it's called. It's far less obvious who quest givers might be other than they have a name instead of <Citizen> but that is not a given.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Are we talking about the same thing? I am in the Lower City, not talking about Wyrms Crossing or w/e it's called. It's far less obvious who quest givers might be other than they have a name instead of <Citizen> but that is not a given.

Did not know you made it to the Lower City already. I will be there tonight hopefully.

Still though. Just do whatever you fancy and go with that. Don't see why you have to chat to everyone? Worst case if you are stuck with a certain quest, dare I say, Google it? :p

You level 10 yet? :D

Soldato
Did not know you made it to the Lower City already. I will be there tonight hopefully.

Still though. Just do whatever you fancy and go with that. Don't see why you have to chat to everyone? Worst case if you are stuck with a certain quest, dare I say, Google it? :p

You level 10 yet? :D

I know you don't have to, but a lot of the best stuff I found was off the beaten path and not particularly obvious. So I guess I just wonder how much I'm missing.
Yeah half way to level 11, although you will hit level 12 so far before you finish the game, it's not really an issue, especially if you took illithid powers. You're already overpowered at this point :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I know you don't have to, but a lot of the best stuff I found was off the beaten path and not particularly obvious. So I guess I just wonder how much I'm missing.
Yeah half way to level 11, although you will hit level 12 so far before you finish the game, it's not really an issue, especially if you took illithid powers. You're already overpowered at this point :)

Yep. I am enjoying being OP. Felt the opposite at the start. Especially main main character who is a wizard. The amount of misses or low damage he was doing I thought wtf, is my build wrong? What's up with this guy! Wasn't until around level 5 he started to do better. Now he is easily the best together with Karlach. The weakest now is Astarion. He was one of my strongest earlier to mid game.

I have yet to make proper use of the Illithid powers. Main one I have used most is flying. Once I am up against more humans I will use it more.

Might respect Astarion after a bit of level 12 with him. I can't be asked to do all the hiding and trying to get critical strikes anymore.

Soldato
Yep. I am enjoying being OP. Felt the opposite at the start. Especially main main character who is a wizard. The amount of misses or low damage he was doing I thought wtf, is my build wrong? What's up with this guy! Wasn't until around level 5 he started to do better. Now he is easily the best together with Karlach. The weakest now is Astarion. He was one of my strongest earlier to mid game.

I have yet to make proper use of the Illithid powers. Main one I have used most is flying. Once I am up against more humans I will use it more.

Might respect Astarion after a bit of level 12 with him. I can't be asked to do all the hiding and trying to get critical strikes anymore.

Yeah I mainly just use fly but the biggest boon is the insta death when an attack drops the target below the qty of parasites you used, I've only got one more slot left to fill so I'm sure it's around 20hp or something.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah I mainly just use fly but the biggest boon is the insta death when an attack drops the target below the qty of parasites you used, I've only got one more slot left to fill so I'm sure it's around 20hp or something.

I am not even sure what this means.

I filled all slots in the brain and got a bunch more available. Lol.

Did you find the mind flayer after the bottom of what I think was windmill. He had just transformed. You can kill him and eat his brain which is equivalent to a tadpole :p

Soldato
I am not even sure what this means.

I filled all slots in the brain and got a bunch more available. Lol.

Did you find the mind flayer after the bottom of what I think was windmill. He had just transformed. You can kill him and eat his brain which is equivalent to a tadpole :p

It's a passive feature, You probably have it already but look in your passives tab.

Cull the Weak: When you bring a creature down to fewer hit points than your number of evolved Illithid powers, it dies and all nearby creatures take 1-4 Psychic damage.

I'm surprised you haven't noticed it if you do have it because you should see some pink numbers which indicate psychic damage popping up now and then. So for example, if a creature has 30 hit points and I knock 10 off of it, it basically just instantly explodes lol.

And yes I found him :) I haven't used the powers on any other party members. It's just me.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It's a passive feature, You probably have it already but look in your passives tab.

Cull the Weak: When you bring a creature down to fewer hit points than your number of evolved Illithid powers, it dies and all nearby creatures take 1-4 Psychic damage.

I'm surprised you haven't noticed it if you do have it because you should see some pink numbers which indicate psychic damage popping up now and then. So for example, if a creature has 30 hit points and I knock 10 off of it, it basically just instantly explodes lol.

And yes I found him :) I haven't used the powers on any other party members. It's just me.

I think I may have noticed something like that. But these days I am playing just before going to bed so does not take much to miss things like that.

I will check it out tonight. Going to go read all the powers properly. I feel like I recall reading one that sounded like it said it would give you a extra action like haste does. But could be my half asleep mind making things up. Maybe it is a passive power I need to turn on.

Last edited:
Soldato
Some of the dialogue options in this game are just baffling. It's like they didn't consider the context at all.

Spoiler re Wyll in act 3
I chose to let Wyll live and sacrificed his dad though I haven't wrapped up the quest yet. Florrick confronts you saying that Wyll killed his own father and he wants to gain power and you have absolutely no option to refute that or explain how he wasn't given much of a choice etc.
You have to do a history check to get an option to say why she shouldn't be believing a devil in the first place....
This is one of a few reasons why this game does not come close to touching how good the second one was.

Soldato
Haha. Laughs at me for this and that and save scums :p

Yes, i have done it quite a bit :D

Hopefully you can't quote me but I don't believe I've ever laughed at you for doing that. Actually not a great fan of dice roll stuff in games. I don't think it translates that well. I would rather just pick the actual choice I want and just have it be that way.

Back
Top Bottom