Baldur's Gate 3

Soldato
Lots of games have hidden dice rolls - you just don't know it! :p

I need to actually play the game some time. Really struggling this week.

Of course, but this one has obnoxiously visible ones that I wish I didn't have to see or do.
I get it's the nature of the rules and their translation to video games. But if I want a certain result, I'm just going to save scum through it. At that point all the dice roll does is act as an annoying blocker.

Also, Im noticing this act the fights are getting strangely laggy like you do an action and there is a delay for anything happens and sometimes the AI just takes ages to do anything.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can trigger that behaviour in act 1 by blocking the place up with boxes/barrels to confuse the AI.

Can't help you with the dice rolling though - that's core to D&D/TTRPG experiences and clearly not for you. Better off with a choose your own adventure book at this rate! :p

Soldato
I can trigger that behaviour in act 1 by blocking the place up with boxes/barrels to confuse the AI.

Can't help you with the dice rolling though - that's core to D&D/TTRPG experiences and clearly not for you. Better off with a choose your own adventure book at this rate! :p

Just googled it, common lower city problem they don't appear to have sorted. re dice, Don't have this issue with Rogue Trader, probably one of the core reasons I prefer it over BG3. Actually don't recall it being a pain in Pathfinder either. You are right though TTRPG are not for me, tried one once, nice people but nah.
This might have helped but too late now: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/2651?tab=description

Nice to see Viconia in the game, when I get Minsc it will be like having some of the old gang back, reminding me of a better place :p

Last edited:
Soldato
12 was a weird choice to stop levelling. An ASI or Feat if you're single classed (or well split multiclass) but otherwise nothing much.

Still plenty of scope for some busted builds though :cool:

Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yep and there is absolutely nothing special about it at all lol.

I love it! :p:D

Might respec everyone soon.

Now you get to watch all those millions of late-game XP go to waste :D

Nooooooo!! :(

12 was a weird choice to stop levelling. An ASI or Feat if you're single classed (or well split multiclass) but otherwise nothing much.

Yeah, why not 10 or 20? Oh well.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Did the library or whatever it is called. Got the legendary staff from there and a bunch of books that give you what looks to be nice spells.

Oh and I just learned you can right click and pay to learn new spells. Lol. That's why I want to respec earlier then I was planning to.

Killed the dude doing all the murders. Going after the vampire boss next :D

Last edited:
Soldato

Not a D&D'er, but I believe it's because past 12 some of the spells get absurdly powerful and difficult to implement, so 12 was where they decided to cap it.

Soldato
Oh I know that about the spells, found out the hard way :cry:

I was meaning more like level 11 would have got the same ultimate power level though. Also they could just remove some spells if needed - quite a few lower level options missing as it is.

Soldato
Just killed
Sarevok
. Can't say I am not exploring :p

No I am not using a search engine!

I had no idea he was even in the game. That itself was the spoiler.
Not joking btw, thought he was dealt with from the other games.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
In the SteelWatch Foundry right now.

I have to admit, since maxing out leveling fights have not been half as fun for me. After doing this quest and the devil, I think I will stick to main quests and be done with the game.

The bank was fun, but hardly anything in there that made me feel like it was worth the time I spent opening all the safe's.

Back
Top Bottom