Baldur's Gate 3

Big ending spoiler warning

On the final stage of the brain fight, I had lost all my party except for Shadowheart to the falling platforms but reduced the brain to a handful of HP. I found it poignant and super-ironic that Shadowheart, having run out of spells, and who throughout the game would typically fail a die roll to slap her own face, made the killing blow with a melee attack :D

Oddly, everyone that died was still alive for the cutscene and ending.

I might try the final fight again and summon more of the "help". I summoned Dame Aylin and quickly realised the loss of one character's turn to summon her was in no way compensated by the "help" I got from her

Last edited:

On the final stage of the brain fight, I had lost all my party except for Shadowheart to the falling platforms but reduced the brain to a handful of HP. I found it poignant and super-ironic that Shadowheart, having run out of spells, and who throughout the game would typically fail a die roll to slap her own face, made the killing blow with a melee attack :D

I might try the final fight again and summon more of the "help". I summoned Dame Aylin and quickly realised the loss of one character's turn to summon her was in no way compensated by the "help" I got from her

Will read it once I have completed the game :)

What vampire boss, is there another apart from Cazador? Or you just didn't get to him on Saturday.

Never got to him. I actually did not get as much game time on the weekend sadly. And I won't be able to game this weekend. Unless I manage to finish it during the week it will end up being sometime next week.

Had a quick go. In the underground bit where you enter the secret door.

Wow. What an ambush in there.

Had to stop playing and could not complete the fight, but a very interesting ambush that one.

Last edited:

Minor Spoiler

Specifically about Dame Aylin; she's immortal, so you never need to worry about her after summoning. The only thing is, she's got some terrible saves, so she could get mind controlled temporarily every so often depending on what or who you are fighting. She's fine on normal difficulties - can get taken down but she gets back up again soon enough, gets less useful on harder difficulties without also using some cheese; like Invis and using her to tank everyone whilst you move on, etc. But really if you can invis, you don't need to tank in many cases unless if you're playing on the hardest difficulties where enemies can see Invis.

Orin dead. Cazador dead :D

That leaves Raphael and the brain on my list and then I am done.

So far in game clock shows 87 hours. Steam has gone over 100 however. But this is the game I have most left on pause for long periods ever so not surprised.

Last edited:
Not touched it since Sunday. Tend to do other stuff on weekdays evenings, especially so in the lighter months.
Can't say I'm that enthusiastic about returning lol.

How can you out in all those hours, and stop playing right at the end?

You going to start from the beginning in a year or two aren't you :p

I mean what's left for you to do now? I could go end it tonight, but want to kill Raphael first.

How can you out in all those hours, and stop playing right at the end?

You going to start from the beginning in a year or two aren't you :p

I mean what's left for you to do now? I could go end it tonight, but want to kill Raphael first.

Downward enjoyment from start to finish I guess, and yeah probably lol. I think there was so much variation in the first chapter and then it just went downhill for me after that because act 2 was just dark and gloomy and three is just a city.

Well story wise just Orin I guess and whatever you fight in the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Downward enjoyment from start to finish I guess, and yeah probably lol. I think there was so much variation in the first chapter and then it just went downhill for me after that because act 2 was just dark and gloomy and three is just a city.

Well story wise just Orin I guess and whatever you fight in the end.

Might as well finish it. Sounds like it can be done in one sitting on a weekend.

I plan on finishing over the next couple of days as won't be able to play much on the weekend.

Do you think there's any chance there will be any sort of decent discount on the game or should I just suck it up and pay full/near full price?

Do you think there's any chance there will be any sort of decent discount on the game or should I just suck it up and pay full/near full price?

Summer sale soon I think. Might get a tenner off then if that is worth the wait only you can answer.

It had a discount recently but it was only £7.50 off. I know the game is worth the full price and I'm bound to put 100s of hours into it but I'm a bit of a cheapskate. Hate paying full price on anything lol.

Reactions: TNA
It had a discount recently but it was only £7.50 off. I know the game is worth the full price and I'm bound to put 100s of hours into it but I'm a bit of a cheapskate. Hate paying full price on anything lol.

I know what you mean. I only got it because I managed to get it for £35 :D

See now I would snap it up for £35, to me that's a good price.

Yep. I feel these days that is the right price for a release game.

End of the day they provide no packaging no more and you can resell it. That is a fair price!

If I could at least resell then I would not mind the full price. Would play it and sell on for a ten to fifteen quid loss. Can then rebuy later years down the line for a fiver or something to add to my collection if I wanted.

Back
Top Bottom