Baldur's Gate 3

My created character is a rogue so locks aren't an issue, but if you are having issues get Astarion in your party, assuming you have him
I sent him away but I'm a ranger so can unlock them, it just seems odd to have something which i think is the only way onwards stuck behind something like that. No chance if you don't have a rogue.

Just killed a couple of minotaurs, suddenly all my party started taking necrotic damage. They all died before i could long rest and managed to infect other people in the camp as well as the dog. Reloaded and fought the minotaurs again. Killed them then suddenly the same thing happened. Realised what was happening a bit too late. Gale has necrotic aura for some reason but he managed to kill the 3 others as they were all so low. Wtf is that mechanic and why did he get it? I can't go back to camp as I'll just infect everyone when I revive them so need to reload again but how can I avoid it happening?

Last edited:
Finished it a couple of days ago. Decided to try adding a few cosmetic mods, however it broke my game. I uninstalled the mods, still broken, verified game files still broken. I gave up and uninstalled the game. One playthrough is enough I guess. Might come back to it again in the future is anything gets added.

Had a very weird bug last night in the inn where we meet a BGII character.
Basically was in a fight, someone died who they wanted to take alive, then combat ended but all the enemies were still stood around and all the other NPC's had vanished.
The game really isn't as polished as some reviews made out.

Last edited:
The Knock spell is really underutilised by people.

So much easier than having to weigh up if a lock is worth picking people all that'll be inside it is 6 gold and an arrow of acid.

Why is everyone saying that, that's put 20+ hours in then, that the game is good but then it slyly turns into woke rubbish plot/character wise...?
Surely if they put that much time in they cant be lying at that point as they must have liked it for the previous 19 or so hours...?

Last edited:
Everyone isn't say that.

If I were to guess, it's because people that socially inept they don't realise they're choosing romance options choose romance options are getting upset that the game is treating it as such.

Is it true 20 hours or so in this turns into a woke load of nonsense?
:rolleyes: Is this bait? It's what you make of it really. Never really noticed it, I don't feel like it was overdone. I had a couple of obviously non hetro male characters get a bit too fruity with me with no prior prompts. However, you can quite easily say no to them and it's left at that.
Thats the thing with BG3, for the most part you chose how you want your experience to be.

:rolleyes: Is this bait? It's what you make of it really. Never really noticed it, I don't feel like it was overdone. I had a couple of obviously non hetro male characters get a bit too fruity with me with no prior prompts. However, you can quite easily say no to them and it's left at that.
Thats the thing with BG3, for the most part you chose how you want your experience to be.
How is it bait? I'm asking as I'm thinking of playing it but don't want to put that sort of time in then want to uninstall it/be angry with it/wasted money?

I've never played a BG game so...

I did really like Horizon 1/2 although I could see possible bits people moaned about as woke, as with really liking TLOU2, so I was wondering if it was just people being petty/thinking too much into it, as with those games?

Why is everyone saying that, that's put 20+ hours in then, that the game is good but then it slyly turns into woke rubbish plot/character wise...?
Surely if they put that much time in they cant be lying at that point as they must have liked it for the previous 19 or so hours...?
Take your pick from the following reasons.

1) "Everyone" isnt saying that
2) Its the UK way that when someone or something is ultra succesful (as BG3 has) to then knock it whenever possible. For some reason the British just hate success.
3) Because, particularly on the internet, people like to be "edgey"
4) Because the slightest piece of non heterosexual item, even when its as slight as it can be in BG3 if you make certain choices, gets people all worked up
5) Because people like to troll for attention
6) Because it gets more hits to their social media channel
7) Because people fundamentally lack an understanding of what roleplay and fantasy worlds mean

Having said all that, would I recommend that you play it, no, absolutely not. I find that if people go into something, be it movie, tv show, book or game, with a negative slant, they then only seem to repeatedly find and exaggerate the negative. I'd suggest that you already have that negative seed planted in your mind and if you play it, that seed will only grow. So my advice would be that you dont play it.

Last edited:
Take your pick from the following reasons.

1) "Everyone" isnt saying that
2) Its the UK way that when someone or something is ultra succesful (as BG3 has) to then knock it whenever possible. For some reason the British just hate success.
3) Because, particularly on the internet, people like to be "edgey"
4) Because the slightest piece of non heterosexual item, even when its as slight as it can be in BG3 if you make certain choices, gets people all worked up
5) Because people like to troll for attention
6) Because it gets more hits to their social media channel

Having said all that, would I recommend that you play it, no, absolutely not. I find that if people go into something, be it movie, tv show, book or game, with a negative slant, they then only seem to repeatedly find and exaggerate the negative. I'd suggest that you already have that negative seed planted in your mind and if you play it, that seed will only grow. So my advice would be that you dont play it.
1) They are bar shills online/sponsored/fanboys/people pushing the sales of it
2) I never mentioned it being a UK thing, infact it seems anyone from anywhere seems to be annoyed 20 hours in no matter what country
3) It seems the other way round the internet seems to be annoyed the game is trying to be woke/lgbtq+
4) explain?
5) true
6) this works both ways with kissing it's ass tho mate

I'd play it, I just never have done any of the others, to quote what I said above:
"
How is it bait? I'm asking as I'm thinking of playing it but don't want to put that sort of time in then want to uninstall it/be angry with it/wasted money?

I did really like Horizon 1/2 although I could see possible bits people moaned about as woke, as with really liking TLOU2, so I was wondering if it was just people being petty/thinking too much into it, as with those games?"

1) They are bar shills online/sponsored/fanboys/people pushing the sales of it
2) I never mentioned it being a UK thing, infact it seems anyone from anywhere seems to be annoyed 20 hours in no matter what country
3) It seems the other way round the internet seems to be annoyed the game is trying to be woke/lgbtq+
4) explain?
5) true
6) this works both ways with kissing it's ass tho mate

I'd play it, I just never have done any of the others, to quote what I said above:
"

I did really like Horizon 1/2 although I could see possible bits people moaned about as woke, as with really liking TLOU2, so I was wondering if it was just people being petty/thinking too much into it, as with those games?"

See thats what I mean, I merely answered your question as to why some people are saying its woke, by giving you some possible reasons and your reply is to then immediately try to "counter" those reasons, thus immediately taking up a contrary adversarial stance against what was nothing more than a list of possible reasons why someone would say its woke. That to me only reaffirms that you shouldnt play it.

However, to answer your last paragraph there, yes, its people just being petty/making too much of it.

I still dont think you should play it though, its not like you MUST play it, I think it will not be something you enjoy and you will indeed just end up "putting that sort of time in then want to uninstall it/be angry with it/wasted money", so I'm just trying to save you that time/money

Explain? You mean you can define your sexuality and they've chosen the wrong preference/got the wrong flirtations or what?

You're the one telling a group of us that "everyone" says this game is woke, you tell us what you've seen.

But yes that would be my best guess. People are choosing the wrong options and having a hissy fit that the game is throwing somrthing at them they aren't comfortable with. There's certainly nothing woke about the plot itself, your race, sexuality doesn't matter an iota to that, and I'm struggling to think of any secondary quest where you could cry about wokeness unless we're all the way to characters having the chance to say slavery is bad in the underdark is woke.

Back
Top Bottom