Baldur's Gate 3

Just killed a couple of minotaurs, suddenly all my party started taking necrotic damage. They all died before i could long rest and managed to infect other people in the camp as well as the dog. Reloaded and fought the minotaurs again. Killed them then suddenly the same thing happened. Realised what was happening a bit too late. Gale has necrotic aura for some reason but he managed to kill the 3 others as they were all so low. Wtf is that mechanic and why did he get it? I can't go back to camp as I'll just infect everyone when I revive them so need to reload again but how can I avoid it happening?
He gets that aura when he dies because its part of his story, remember he has to consume magical items? :)

Take your pick from the following reasons.

1) "Everyone" isnt saying that
2) Its the UK way that when someone or something is ultra succesful (as BG3 has) to then knock it whenever possible. For some reason the British just hate success.
3) Because, particularly on the internet, people like to be "edgey"
4) Because the slightest piece of non heterosexual item, even when its as slight as it can be in BG3 if you make certain choices, gets people all worked up
5) Because people like to troll for attention
6) Because it gets more hits to their social media channel
7) Because people fundamentally lack an understanding of what roleplay and fantasy worlds mean

Having said all that, would I recommend that you play it, no, absolutely not. I find that if people go into something, be it movie, tv show, book or game, with a negative slant, they then only seem to repeatedly find and exaggerate the negative. I'd suggest that you already have that negative seed planted in your mind and if you play it, that seed will only grow. So my advice would be that you dont play it.
Act 3 feels pretty unfinished tbh

Last edited:
Y'all got some knowledge for sure. Only person I could name in a game was that guy who did the voice for Drake in Uncharted, whose name I have apparently forgotten, thus making this post a lie.
You might know the guy who voices Astarion from Resident Evil Village, he also voiced Heisenberg in that

I hate the term woke, the romance pace is actually broken because they removed quite a bit of content which accelerated the interactions and even skipped some. This lead to the them wanting to bed you almost straight away.

Claudia black can voice all my female characters...

He gets that aura when he dies because its part of his story, remember he has to consume magical items? :)
He didn't die though, I revived him mid fight. I know about the consuming of magical items but nothing he's said has had anything to do with the aura. From a bit of googling it's a bug as there should be an interaction that explains it and it shouldn't happen if he is revived.

So think im coming to the end of Act 2:
Just killed Kethric Thorm. Think i made a mistake in saving Misora, feel like i should have let her die in that mind flayers pod, thoughts for anyone that killed her off? If you kill her does it release wyll from his contract or can you only do that with her alive? Reunited Isobel and her demi-god, whatever she is... love how horny she is :D

Reminds me of ...

bcc134a4e33fefbfc74cbaf2dc8972a3.jpg

Wheres Donovan when you need him
Well now i'm going to have to rewatch this! :D

Just killed Kethric Thorm. Think i made a mistake in saving Misora, feel like i should have let her die in that mind flayers pod, thoughts for anyone that killed her off? If you kill her does it release wyll from his contract or can you only do that with her alive? Reunited Isobel and her demi-god, whatever she is... love how horny she is :D

You made the right choice if you want to progress Wyll’s quest line

My rig is up the duff now and I won't be upgrading till early October so I might see patch 2 by then. Shame as I'm loving this game even with the minor bugs I've found.

Yeh, I've decided to pull back from this for a few more months until it has a few more patches.

I'll be more than occupied with Starfield anyway.
I've been happy with my slower pace of going through the game since I've been more focused on the coop game that we can't play every day. Although I'm worried about spoilers so do want it done sooner.

Can also recommend Armored Core 6.

devils cant be killed you merely send there body back to whatever layer of hell they came from. Not freeing her violates Wylls contract so he is sucked into hell. Bye Wyll

Finished a real annoying fight/encounter. The enemies were powerfull but doable, the problem was some allies decided it would be an amazing idea to charge the enemy; when they had no weapons. Keeping them alive was a pain and did require a bit of savescumming.

We want to go further than that. We now find ourselves at a time where we’re able to properly sit down and consider how to parse feedback beyond bug fixing and UX tweaks. Patch 2 is just around the corner, and while it does include bug fixes, it also includes substantial performance improvements for the first time since launch. Perhaps more notably, we’re adding better closure to the story’s final act in the form of a more fleshed-out ending for Karlach - something many of you have been asking for.

At least they are taking on board feedback I guess. I'll wait and see what they do before I start playing again. People say the current ending for Karlach is tragic, I don't think they've seen/read/experienced much tragedy. Sure it's not great but I wouldn't compare it to any kind of tragedy that pulls your heart strings or leaves you with that empty feeling etc, it's just something that happened because people apparently couldn't be bothered to use the numerous plot devices available to them in the DnD universe to resolve the issue. It screamed cut content.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom