Baldur's Gate 3

Just encountered the Githyanki patrol, managed to fluke my way through the rolls and they said they'd spare me to assist them, as soon as the cut scene ends I'm in combat with them and get a massive beating. Surely that shouldn't be happening?

Just encountered the Githyanki patrol, managed to fluke my way through the rolls and they said they'd spare me to assist them, as soon as the cut scene ends I'm in combat with them and get a massive beating. Surely that shouldn't be happening?
I think that bit is bugged, any time I have done it and passed the original checks with Laezel he goes to fly off but instead conversation starts fresh this time with the player character. Maybe it plays the conversation that would you get if she was not in party but anyway that fight seemed tough early on.

To beat them I used the ogres (Lump and co)

Balthazar!

God, i spent ages trying to work this fight out. He summons millions of undead within milliseconds of starting the fight so i was trying to go through every combination of silence, web, grease attacks to stop him.

Ended up just using telekenisis to port him in to the middle of my party where he fell prone, then the 2 tanks just stuck the boot in and are still scraping him off their shoes :)

I love the options this game gives you
[\spoiler]

Last edited:
Completed Astarion's quest.

Didn't include him in my party originally as I was a rogue and I found him annoying. Re-specced myself into a Paladin (Dex build, Oath of Vengeance) just to include him and his story.

I came to enjoy his character, he's pretty amusing with his lines.

Anyway, got to the final fight and

did it in 1 shot. Calzador was near the edge of the platform so used an arrow of roaring thunder and blasted him off the edge. Moped up the rest pretty quick but the cut scene didn't trigger until I activated the coffin several times.
Now I have an overpowered vampire lord

Balthazar!

God, i spent ages trying to work this fight out. He summons millions of undead within milliseconds of starting the fight so i was trying to go through every combination of silence, web, grease attacks to stop him.

Ended up just using telekenisis to port him in to the middle of my party where he fell prone, then the 2 tanks just stuck the boot in and are still scraping him off their shoes :)

I love the options this game gives you
[\spoiler]
I pushed him off the edge on the first turn of the combat :)

My sentiment is: "Must do everything". Have paused my solo run but the coop game is still going strong. There's too much other things on to do both BG3 runs ontop of everything. Will also let a few more patches to be released.

What happened at Grymforge?

Went to the Adamantium forge, came back through the waypoint to where the boats are and everyone had vanished. Only a few dead NPCs, including Neer who was trapped, and something about poison gas. He died when I camped but I didn't actually rest, I just returned to revive someone which was a bit cheeky.

Saw some temple down below. Tried every other which way to get down there but nothing works, must be part of a quest but nobody says jack. "Oh nice view" :D. Found the laughing amulet though.

Good stuff so far. Just wary of Larian Studios as they seem to throw the towel in around Act 3.

Last edited:
Finished for a second time. Once as a custom and once as the Dark Urge. In the 2nd run through, even though I'd been quite diligent in trying to do every found quest & explore as much as possible the first time around, I found quite a few things that I'd missed, new characters and tweaks to the story. That combined with The Dark Urge as well having their own back story and trying a new class, made the 2nd run just as enjoyable. Now for Starfield...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom