Baldur's Gate 3

Almost cleared the cave place out in Act 1. Probably been down here for 25 hours alone.

I can't manipulate the liquids on the floor yet. Feel like I need a wizard as I have two fighters, a cleric and a rogue. But can't be doing with these blokes in my party they're all bent af!

Although kinda really like Asteron now as he's become a master thief and can open anything. Almost gave up on pickpocketing as it's just a pain, but using invis and TB helps loads.

Finding difficulty on tactician is fair. Hit chances are woe in most cases, and often need a buff or debuff of some sort in hope of landing a hit. Lots of praise for the game so far. I love the effort they've made with the facial expressions.
Throw a grease bottle and a torch or candle.. watch things go up in flame.. even the dumbest of pccs can do that :)

The path finding in this game is :mad: :mad:

Had my four characters in stealth, opened up a quest door, only two went through the others stayed behind. Because it was a quest door for an end of ACT I couldn't return back! So I've gotta reload

Last edited:

Had my four characters in stealth, opened up a quest door, only two went through the others stayed behind. Because it was a quest door for an end of ACT I couldn't return back! So I've gotta reload
yeh the fact that frst patched fixed 1000 bugs & patched 2 fixed so many & they admirtted to 25000 cut lines due to a bug. im waiting 6 months & replaying from beginning. play the GOTY edition, its still great game but i think its worth the wait:D

Last edited:

The number of times post combat and most of them have low health and they all die because turn based mode ends and they group together by walking through a gas cloud, fire, or even their own spinning knives spell is infuriating.

Save often, even mid combat. I have seen me reload a combat save after having 4 or more “missed” 65% chance hits in a row.

Last edited:
Was messing around and have set up a 4 custom character game. It's easy enough to do.
Step 1. Close steam completely
Step 2. Find where you've installed baldur's gate.
Step 3. Fire up bg3.exe 4 times at once
Step 5. Start a lan game in one of the 4 instances and join it with the other 3.
Step 6. Make a character in each instance
Step 7. Save and exit.
Step 8. Load the save game in a normal instance of baldur's gate so that it can cloud sync

And you're done. Now everyone can live out thier dream of playing through baldur's gate with a party of 3 naked gnome bards and a sexy drow

Was messing around and have set up a 4 custom character game. It's easy enough to do.
Step 1. Close steam completely
Step 2. Find where you've installed baldur's gate.
Step 3. Fire up bg3.exe 4 times at once
Step 5. Start a lan game in one of the 4 instances and join it with the other 3.
Step 6. Make a character in each instance
Step 7. Save and exit.
Step 8. Load the save game in a normal instance of baldur's gate so that it can cloud sync

And you're done. Now everyone can live out thier dream of playing through baldur's gate with a party of 3 naked gnome bards and a sexy drow
Absolute genius!

My main character picked up the 'Enemy of Justice' condition whilst fighting a certain someone in their room. Charged two enemies and accidentally poked my head out of the room, without aggroing a few third parties.

Do I backtrack the 3 hours and do it all again... try and find who witnessed my actions, or just accept my new life of being ungrouped from the party. :D

Currently loading an old save and seeing if there is anyone I can kill to make it go away.

Not the end of the world if I do have to go back, as I'll just try some different approaches to a few fights.

I was almost 50 hours in before I moved to act 2. Though there was abunch of "Oo let me just do this one more thing" before going forward.

Also hit 50h but it'll be a bit more than that when you factor in all the reloading. Crazy. Just turned lvl 7 after collecting the ceremonial weapons only to realise I'd already done the thing it leads to :)

I can see the difficulty ramping up in the later Acts. Hope that's the case.

Also hit 50h but it'll be a bit more than that when you factor in all the reloading. Crazy. Just turned lvl 7 after collecting the ceremonial weapons only to realise I'd already done the thing it leads to :)

I can see the difficulty ramping up in the later Acts. Hope that's the case.

Gets much easier tbh in later acts. There are few battles which spike, but nothing major. I did not take any powers, so imagine with some of those may be even easier. I think at later levels your powers, abilities and gear become very potent.

Gets much easier tbh in later acts. There are few battles which spike, but nothing major. I did not take any powers, so imagine with some of those may be even easier. I think at later levels your powers, abilities and gear become very potent.

Yep, the advantage you get from higher level spells, abilities and Illithid powers. plus all the accumulated gear, makes a big difference once you get to Act 3.

I'm doing a normal mode multiplayer playthrough where we've made a lot of mistakes due to unfamiliarity with the game, and yet in Act 3 we're still pretty godly. My character didn't even take the advanced Illithid powers either (rp reasons).

I also have a single player Tactician mode game underway, currently at the end of Act 1 and the only thing that makes this mode difficult is the clearly rigged dice rolls. It's so blatant compared to normal mode and this is with Karmic Dice switched off. I do wish they'd found a better way to make things more of a challenge on Tactician than weighted dice.

So far fight i've struggled with most in the whole game, in early Act 3:
When you go to the emperors old digs (Maybe don't read on if you haven't been there yet) and there are githyanki in there, two holding portals open on the upper sections to the sides, and a few around a round table in the middle. Of all the big fancy and nasty beasts you fight in this game, that fight took me so many attempts....

So far fight i've struggled with most in the whole game, in early Act 3:
When you go to the emperors old digs (Maybe don't read on if you haven't been there yet) and there are githyanki in there, two holding portals open on the upper sections to the sides, and a few around a round table in the middle. Of all the big fancy and nasty beasts you fight in this game, that fight took me so many attempts....
If you prioritise the 2 gate guardians (or whatever the summoners are called) then the battle is quite easy. You can cheese it even more by sneaking people into ambush positions on each side.

I re-rolled after about 30-40 hours once I got a handle of 5E and didn't the haircut my char had, so i'm now about 30 hours into my current play through and nowhere near done with Act 1. I am really really enjoying the game now as each play session is like a self contained adventure, this evening did a trip into the swamp to see Auntie Ethel and that was a proper 3 hour adventure.

26 hours in and think all my quests are up to date. Annoyingly I failed a couple due to resting, kept getting side-tracked. Couple of areas left I want to go and kill some things in and try to get to the tower. Shadowheart mentioned another path to the temple after going in the room behind Neve but I can't see anywhere else to go. Once I've done all that reckon I'll be near to or past 30 hours.

Last edited:
House of hope end fight was brutal for me, shadowheart died by getting blasted off a bridge and I had to do it most of the zone with no healer as there was no corpse to resurrect :(

Last edited:
Is there such a thing as full resting too much? I'm trying to clear out the goblin camp and need too replenish my spell slots again as they are gone after 2 short rests and battles. I've plenty supplies.

Back
Top Bottom