Baldur's Gate 3

I have the 256G steam deck and currently I’ve installed all my other games on the 1TB SD card. I have enough internal for the deck.

I think I’ll get it on the deck as I have a few trips coming up in the next few months. Plus it’s like 15% cheaper. And if I ever get a new Steam Deck 2, it’ll be likely match PS5 performance by then anyway.

Last edited:
I'm a little disappointed by act 2. Or at least my performance in act 2. I kind of stumbled onto the main quest path right at the start and just kept going and there were no like obvious off ramps. So now I've finished it but missed basically all the side quests. Seriously thinking about going back a few hours and re-doing it.

Apologies as this is not really related but @Tombstone aside from the character creator which put me off even starting. Would you saying being familiar with D&D rules helps in any way for playing Pathfinder? I don't really want to have to learn a whole new system for one game. Thinking ahead for my next RPG in absence of Rogue Trader.

Apologies as this is not really related but @Tombstone aside from the character creator which put me off even starting. Would you saying being familiar with D&D rules helps in any way for playing Pathfinder? I don't really want to have to learn a whole new system for one game. Thinking ahead for my next RPG in absence of Rogue Trader.
Pathfinder is essentially D&D3.75 whereas BG3 uses the D&D 5th edition ruleset which has been simplified to make it more accessible to people.

There are a lot of similarities as its a D20 system but Pathfinder is known for being more complex especially with Character generation. They have limited it in the 2 games from Owlcat so not every option is there. Levelling up in 5th edition is very simple to the point that sometimes you don't even get to choose anything (I'm not a fan).

Pathfinder is essentially D&D3.75 whereas BG3 uses the D&D 5th edition ruleset which has been simplified to make it more accessible to people.

There are a lot of similarities as its a D20 system but Pathfinder is known for being more complex especially with Character generation. They have limited it in the 2 games from Owlcat so not every option is there. Levelling up in 5th edition is very simple to the point that sometimes you don't even get to choose anything (I'm not a fan).

Ah ok I should be alright then, if it's still using similar concepts. I guess I'll just choose a pre-set character for my first playthrough.

Pathfinder isnt D&D, it uses its own pen and paper ruleset, so it is a new system (though its for two games rather then one of course, Pathfinder Kingmaker and Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous) , having a knowledge of D&D does help though as they do share many common concepts.

Done with Act 2, 90 hours in total so far. I think I read somewhere that Act 3 is about the same length as Act 1 and 2 combined, is that true?
There is a lot of content in Act 3, loose ends to tie up, but you can effectively lose access to a lot of it depending on the path you take and order you do things in.

Act 3 is also extremely buggy, with NPCS reacting in strange ways to events that you weren't even involved in lol. Still fun though, still holding out hope for a Romance ending with my Bae Mizora.

Last edited:
How difficult is this game going to be to get in to without any knowledge of the series prior? I've been watching it a bit on Twitch and it seems like a fantastically done game but I think most of the story will go over my head

Not really a spoiler, but anyone who is heading into Act 3, I would recommend that you go into Graphics settings and disable the "dynamic crowds reaction" option, or something named to that effect. Trust me, it'll make perfect sense once you do. It's the culprit that causes you looting (possibly story element items or near story element items) and not trigger the those crowd NPC's who will negative reaction you and even call the guards; Even if you have the best Stealth in the world and Greater Invisibility on.

How difficult is this game going to be to get in to without any knowledge of the series prior? I've been watching it a bit on Twitch and it seems like a fantastically done game but I think most of the story will go over my head
I think the main difficulty would be getting used to 5e mechanics.

Something like an ability with "Concentration" and doesn't use Concentration are important to know (so you don't load up only on one ability that you can only use one at a time because it uses Concentration to which you can only Concentrate on one at a time, etc).

Once you get used to it, no info about previous games are needed. Remember, it's YOUR story now. There are elements linked to previous games, but they aren't essential to YOUR story.

Last edited:
Played a couple hours of Baldur’s gate 3, although like an hour of that was creating my character, reading up classes and what not. Went for Bard for the extra dialogue options.

One thing i did not realise you can do, not only you can turn on nudity for the scenes that has nudity, you can actually play the game completely nude (in person too if you like lol), without affecting your armour / defence in battle. It makes all the cut scenes all the more interesting!

(i am such a dengenerate :p )

Back
Top Bottom