Baldur's Gate 3

Associate
Guys, how do you trade things or barter things in this game?

I put items on my side and then item i want on the other side and click barter right? I keep getting refused.

And what's the trade section? I can't even click on anything on my end against something i want, what's the difference?
You need to match the effective "gold" value that you are trying to obtain from them with what you are offering.

So if you are wanting to buy a Longsword +2 for 460 Gold value, you'll need to put up 460 Gold, or the value of 460 Gold in items in your section.

The Trade/Barter system is primarily: One is for direct Gold trade (whether buying or selling). Whilst the other is for when you want to make up the value through items you or the trader possess to make up the difference.

Soldato
I’ll put it in spoiler , but I have a question regarding act 1

any tips for the goblin camp? I’ve killed the first leader, but the second one is giving me trouble. When I start the battle all hell breaks loose. I’m level 4 so I think I’m powerful enough, but get stomped by his goons, then the third leader hears the commotion and joins in the battle too

Caporegime
You need to match the effective "gold" value that you are trying to obtain from them with what you are offering.

So if you are wanting to buy a Longsword +2 for 460 Gold value, you'll need to put up 460 Gold, or the value of 460 Gold in items in your section.

The Trade/Barter system is primarily: One is for direct Gold trade (whether buying or selling). Whilst the other is for when you want to make up the value through items you or the trader possess to make up the difference.

Does my character stats have any affect on the barter?

also, any one know why the game doesn't remember my graphical settings? I notice it looks a bit bad and realised it wasn't how I last left it.

Associate
Does my character stats have any affect on the barter?

also, any one know why the game doesn't remember my graphical settings? I notice it looks a bit bad and realised it wasn't how I last left it.
Yes, a higher Charisma score will reduce the amount they want to pay for something from you (you selling), and will also reduce the amount they ask for when selling to you (you buying).

There is also another stat, the Reaction score (any) NPC has towards you. At low levels (Levels 2-3) if you have 600 Gold and you intend to be around for a while, you can trade to them (not through the store option, trade to them via the trade button in the bottom left of the screen when talking to them, it's the middle one I believe) to increase your Reaction score to 100. This also reduces the amounts you need to pay when purchasing, and getting more when selling. Note that to increase this Reaction score as you level up, you will need more Gold.

Note, in Early Access, there was a Supply and Demand implemented too. So if you sold loads of Longsword +1's to an NPC, they will reduce the price for buying more from you the next time and also reduce the price for when you buy again as well. But I am unsure if this was kept in release.

Soldato
Ah ok I forgot about that. Something for another playthrough I guess :)

Is this a bug or just weird game design, act 2 spoilers

I got to the camp with the absolutes army, and I had a choice to turn back or go ahead, I chose go ahead and then I was instantly in jail with no cutscene or whatever
Same thing happened to me. You do meet some NPC's that are related to a quest, but I ended up just reloading an earlier save.

Associate
I cheated for the first time this week! I was at the underwater prison and doing the rescues within 8 turns just isn't enough! I've ALWAYS hated time sensitive missions/quests in any game
Spoilers for tactics there to get it done in 6 turns or less:

1. Summon all the summons you have available. They're there to distract the enemy.
2. Dash is your friend - Double the amount of movement you get each turn. Your goal is to release prisoners not fight. So getting to them and releasing them more important and doing an XCOM and inching along to cover all angles before entering a new area.
3. Haste Scrolls are important, as they last 10 rounds; so the entire rescure. So long as you don't break concentration. Again, another base movement increase.
4. Arrows of Teleportation (an Action) can increase your moving distance if available and required by shooting where you want to be teleported too. This can potentially have you cover 25% of the area in a single turn.
5. If you send one of your party into each direction, you should be able to rescue everyone.
6. The Levers for each room can be shot to activate as well and release prisoners.
7. Omelleum, will have been captured and is held here in one of the cells, once released, can teleport their rescuer back to the Sub along with them. So they can be rescued last. But be warned, if you overloaded them with item sales previously, they will be heavily encumbered now and if too far away from you may not be able to teleport you back. So make sure you're very close to them in proximity or have an extra turn on hand so you/they can get closer for the teleport to work.

Hopefully that'll help any rescue attempts (after it's been tried a few times first). :)

Soldato
How difficult is this game going to be to get in to without any knowledge of the series prior? I've been watching it a bit on Twitch and it seems like a fantastically done game but I think most of the story will go over my head
I am managing ok. Never played a D&D game before, although I have played other CRPG's like Divinity, Pillars of eternity, Solasta and Tyranny etc. I have managed to get to Act 3 although I am now on the easier difficulty. Some fights can still be tricky as I am probably not that great with the combat. I am really enjoying the game though. Plus you can avoid some fights altogether depending on the dialogue i.e Convince potential enemies to leave etc.

Soldato
I am managing ok. Never played a D&D game before, although I have played other CRPG's like Divinity, Pillars of eternity, Solasta and Tyranny etc. I have managed to get to Act 3 although I am now on the easier difficulty. Some fights can still be tricky as I am probably not that great with the combat. I am really enjoying the game though. Plus you can avoid some fights altogether depending on the dialogue i.e Convince potential enemies to leave etc.

With combat in BG3, as with tabletop DnD, getting the initiative in a fight makes a huge difference. Even better if you can get surprise on your opponents. If you're sure you aren't going to try for diplomacy to avoid a fight, then seek to gain the advantage in whatever way you can. Use sneaking, terrain, doorways, choke points, line of sight, summons and crowd control to your advantage. Wearing gear that boosts initiative rolls can really help with this (quite a lot of gear starts to appear in Acts 2 and 3 with this). Anything you can do to put the enemy on the back foot, take out some key targets early, drop some status effects (fire, cold, grease etc) and cause some general mayhem really helps.

Soldato
I'm stuck in the arcane tower, I've picked up the sussur bloom but when I tried to combine it with the elevator it says "not enough resources"

How do I fix the elevator when it's rejecting my sussur bloom??

Associate
I'm stuck in the arcane tower, I've picked up the sussur bloom but when I tried to combine it with the elevator it says "not enough resources"

How do I fix the elevator when it's rejecting my sussur bloom??
Are you in turn based mode? It might be that it takes an action to combine and that is the resource you don't have enough of. But that's just a pure guess

Soldato
I’ll put it in spoiler , but I have a question regarding act 1

any tips for the goblin camp? I’ve killed the first leader, but the second one is giving me trouble. When I start the battle all hell breaks loose. I’m level 4 so I think I’m powerful enough, but get stomped by his goons, then the third leader hears the commotion and joins in the battle too
Save the Hobgoblin guy until last. When you do fight him make sure you position your party in a manner that allows them to kill the goblins who sound the alarm first

also

savescum, savescum like your life depends on it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom