Baldur's Gate 3

Soldato
Save the Hobgoblin guy until last. When you do fight him make sure you position your party in a manner that allows them to kill the goblins who sound the alarm first

also

savescum, savescum like your life depends on it.
Thank you for the reply wordy.

I actually managed it ! Felt so good once I finally had it beat. I actually posted about it in consoles.

finally got past the goblin camp. Killed all three leaders, rescued volo, and Halsin rescued himself. Once I killed the last goblin leader I fast travelled outta there no way was I running that gauntlet back out lol. Everyone was hostile by the third leader battle !

Edit

I’m only just level 4. Basically BS’ed my way in, stealth killed the first leader, battled the second (this was most difficult), and left the red horned guy til last. (There’s a ladder just outside the room he is in, that leads up to the upper gangways) basically went up there and cheesed him with bows/crossbows

Last edited:
Soldato
Are you in turn based mode? It might be that it takes an action to combine and that is the resource you don't have enough of. But that's just a pure guess

Yeah turn based, went into turn base because of the arcane turrets

You were right I had to wait a full turn before I could use the machine haha I was stumped for 20 minutes on this

Suspended
Can anyone comment how act 3 has gotten better (if at all) from when it launched to now after all the patches/hotfixes released thus far?

I ask because I got to Act 3 recently which many said it was a bit of a disappointment and a bit half-baked (also Eurogamer highlighted it as being bad in their review). I admit I've had a few weird conversations that didn't seem to flow as well, but I stumbled in to the 'House of Hope' and thought that whole section was excellent.

I did then to the Cazador mission immediately after and that did feel a bit sleight though. That was the first time I've changed a party member since I got rid of Wyll for Karnach in act 1.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can anyone comment how act 3 has gotten better (if at all) from when it launched to now after all the patches/hotfixes released thus far?

I ask because I got to Act 3 recently which many said it was a bit of a disappointment and a bit half-baked (also Eurogamer highlighted it as being bad in their review). I admit I've had a few weird conversations that didn't seem to flow as well, but I stumbled in to the 'House of Hope' and thought that whole section was excellent.

I did then to the Cazador mission immediately after and that did feel a bit sleight though. That was the first time I've changed a party member since I got rid of Wyll for Karnach in act 1.
I've really been enjoying Act 3 so far, it doesn't feel lacking at all. This may change but so far so good.

I haven't heard about any cut content being restored; in fact the developer said it was cut for a good reason and there have only been bugfixes as far as I know.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't remember that part but can you set them on fire to disperse or are they coming from a vent?
They’re coming out vents. But there’s no boxes or barrels in the area to block them with :( edit - there are explosive trap flowers too which ignite the gas into a massive explosion.

Feather fall.
Huh…never thought of that..

Last edited:
Associate
The game hands out so many potions of healing, a little bit of damage from envronmental stuff like that shouldn't be an issue.

You don't need physically large items to block vents. Any item will do it, even the very easy to throw candles that are nearby... :p

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Well I've finally completed it. A total of 126 hours apparently. I enjoyed it for the most part, not so much the bugs towards the end though. And as for the ending;

Did anyone else feel it was a weak ending? I played for the good ending as best as I could, but the ending felt flat. I freed Orpheus so the Emperor sided with the Netherbrain as I didn't really like his attitude about trying to get me to turn illithid. Karlach offered to turn so she could live which I allowed her to do as I felt she was a good character that deserved to live without having to go back to Avernus to survive.
What I really didn't like was the lack of closure, it ends very abruptly with very very short scene for Astarion running off at the docks after becoming suceptable to sunlight again, and Lae'zel flying off with Orpheus to take on Vlakith. I got one very short cutscene with Shadowheart about what to do next then the credits.
I was hoping for a decent epilogue to show what happened to your whole party to get some closure on their story arcs, but no, nothing, not even some written text to summarise what happened in the days and weeks that followed the destruction of the Netherbrain

Soldato
I did it :) killed the hag and saved mayrina (sp?) turned her husband into a zombie and sent her on her way :D

Ventured down into the under dark via the pit in the cave of spiders. And that’s where I left it. Thinking I’ll help out the myconids next!

Soldato
I’ll put it in spoiler , but I have a question regarding act 1

any tips for the goblin camp? I’ve killed the first leader, but the second one is giving me trouble. When I start the battle all hell breaks loose. I’m level 4 so I think I’m powerful enough, but get stomped by his goons, then the third leader hears the commotion and joins in the battle too

Maybe you haven't noticed, but barrels full of explosives act like exploding barrels

Soldato
I regret trying to explore so much because I'm bored before I've even got to act 3.
I think I'll leave it until next year and then do a new playthrough ignoring most the side stuff. Or just watch a video of the ending but that seems a bit of a waste as I've done so much.

Back
Top Bottom