Baldur's Gate 3

Soldato
I have two dead party members, I have no scrolls, I cannot rest to resurrect with Withers because "you cannot rest whilst party members are in a danger zone" (even though they are dead), what a bloody stupid design.

Soldato
I have two dead party members, I have no scrolls, I cannot rest to resurrect with Withers because "you cannot rest whilst party members are in a danger zone" (even though they are dead), what a bloody stupid design.

Can you fast travel to your camp? It maybe that you are in a restricted area. You can check if the minimap is red, if it is leave the area then you can fast travel, or rest. Dead companions should not trigger the danger zone message.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can you fast travel to your camp? It maybe that you are in a restricted area. You can check if the minimap is red, if it is leave the area then you can fast travel, or rest. Dead companions should not trigger the danger zone message.

I can but no Withers (guess he only appears when you proper rest?). I don't recall having this issue before tbh.

Last edited:
Soldato
OK sorted it, the camp I was in did not have the icon showing and I explored all of it. I managed to fudge it by leaving one party member in a different zone, and then going to camp with the other in a different area. I shouldn't have had the restriction in the first place though as the two alive characters were not in the danger zone.
I'll chalk it down to another 'quirk re:bug'

For a game that annoys me in so many ways, I still find it compelling enough to want to try and push ahead.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OK sorted it, the camp I was in did not have the icon showing and I explored all of it. I managed to fudge it by leaving one party member in a different zone, and then going to camp with the other in a different area. I shouldn't have had the restriction in the first place though as the two alive characters were not in the danger zone.

For a game that annoys me in so many ways, I still find it compelling enough to want to try and push ahead.
I feel for you, you're pretty unlucky, you seem to have hit every bug going on your playthrough. Thankfully I've been considerably more lucky on my 2 playthroughs so far and barely hit any bugs, have you by any chance smashed some mirrors or walked under any ladders of late? :D

Soldato
I feel for you, you're pretty unlucky, you seem to have hit every bug going on your playthrough. Thankfully I've been considerably more lucky on my 2 playthroughs so far and barely hit any bugs, have you by any chance smashed some mirrors or walked under any ladders of late? :D

If I was unlucky I wouldn't find multiple threads on Reddit about the same bugs ;)

Have walked under a few ladders though. Think I lost the Drow lady too :( I am at Moonrise but totally forgot how I was supposed to meet up with her again I did

Send spider man to his death though and stole his lantern, this is part of the problem with having so many quests and spread so far apart, completely lose track. Another example being meeting Balthazar and him talking about the drow bloke you can help, great but that was like 20h ago lol

ljt

ljt

Soldato

Wait til you get to the ending :p

It left me feeling hollow lol I was like "err is that it?" For such a brilliant lead up and the depth of the story and characters, and the excellent personal story arcs you go through with your party members. It all felt like it was for nothing in the end, a massive let down :( Felt far far too rushed.

Soldato
Wait til you get to the ending :p

It left me feeling hollow lol I was like "err is that it?" For such a brilliant lead up and the depth of the story and characters, and the excellent personal story arcs you go through with your party members. It all felt like it was for nothing in the end, a massive let down :( Felt far far too rushed.

I don't have high expectations tbh.

Also, lol, too far away apparently with a spear against that tiny enemy.

Soldato
On the plus side, at least you're still enjoying it and the turn based goodness of it will prepare you nicely for Rogue Trader in December !

Yeaaaaah. I can handle bugs but ones where my weapon justg vanishes is poor form. Unfortunately it was after a long-ass fight too so I didn't want to reload.

I don't get why I am apparently 'stealing' inside moonrise and the npcs are using the dialogue for when you attack a friendly. I was attacked on sight when I entered.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I don't get why I am apparently 'stealing' inside moonrise and the npcs are using the dialogue for when you attack a friendly. I was attacked on sight when I entered.
Thats what happens when you go around throwing mirrors at walls, walking under ladders and stepping on the cracks in the pavement, I'd avoid lottery tickets if I was you :D

Soldato
Yep it's getting worse. Whole party wiped out but game doesn't register they are dead so just had to reload, though I'd have to do that any way. Some truly bizarre things going on.

Soldato
I managed to get through most of Tactician relatively easily but that last act 3 section definitely amped it up a bit, and not just because of dice rolls, but also I hit the first time in the game when I needed to go and get some extra things like elixirs and scrolls.

I won't spoil how the last fight goes, but suffice to say that that definitely needs some preparation. Party wasn't 100% min-maxed either, which probably didn't help.

I played BG3 in EA so I knew the way it worked. I played it in tactician without having any difficulties. Not a single difficult fight.

In EA I struggled repeatedly when I tried to play it “properly”. I realised that when you play it as a Larian game rather than a D&D game it became trivial. I regularly defeated bosses in a single turn.

It is one of the negatives in the game for me. It is too easy once you work it out. Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous had better difficulty. In fact I only ever play that about 3 levels from the toughest.

Soldato
Did anyone play the ones like Icewind Dale? I recall not liking it as much because you had to make the whole party yourself.
I’ve played all the Infinity Engine games - multiple times over.

I’ve played BG saga maybe 15 times now in total.

Personally I preferred Pillars of Eternity I and II to BG3 but that is just personal preference. I loved the PoE games but not enough other people did.

Soldato
Yeaaaaah. I can handle bugs but ones where my weapon justg vanishes is poor form. Unfortunately it was after a long-ass fight too so I didn't want to reload.

As it an equipped weapon or just one in your inventory? If equipped, were you perhaps disarmed? Sometimes those are hard to spot on the ground without the help of the ALT key. The good thing about BG3 is the world is persistent, so anything you dropped should still be where you left it.

If it was just in your inventory, perhaps it got accidentally marked as "wares" and then automatically sold to a vendor? Again, as long as the vendor is still alive and accessible, it should still be there to buy back.

Soldato
As it an equipped weapon or just one in your inventory? If equipped, were you perhaps disarmed? Sometimes those are hard to spot on the ground without the help of the ALT key. The good thing about BG3 is the world is persistent, so anything you dropped should still be where you left it.

If it was just in your inventory, perhaps it got accidentally marked as "wares" and then automatically sold to a vendor? Again, as long as the vendor is still alive and accessible, it should still be there to buy back.

I was disarmed, the weapon disappeared afterwards, alt did not show it (it was epic so easy to spot). People on REddit have had the same issue, it happens in a very specific part of the game, one of the trials in the Shar temple.

More weirdness in Moonrise:
I found Minthara in a cell, when I speak to her she just says "I serve the Absolute", that's it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom