Baldur's Gate 3

Man of Honour
Yep it's getting worse. Whole party wiped out but game doesn't register they are dead so just had to reload, though I'd have to do that any way. Some truly bizarre things going on.
I must just be the luck to your unluck. I simply havent had a significant bug in over 150 hours across 2 playthroughs. Whatever mirrors you are breaking for 7 years bad luck I must be putting back together for 7 years of good luck lol

Soldato
I was disarmed, the weapon disappeared afterwards, alt did not show it (it was epic so easy to spot). People on REddit have had the same issue, it happens in a very specific part of the game, one of the trials in the Shar temple.

The Self-Same Trial? Yeah seems there's something unique to that trial that's likely caused the problem. Looks like they fixed one bug and created another. It's really unlucky and frustrating, especially if it's a weapon you liked. But on the up side it's not a game wide bug that will reoccur in other fights and good weapons are found all over the place, I find myself regularly replacing what feel like 'forever weapons' when they next shiny comes along.

Soldato
I must just be the luck to your unluck. I simply havent had a significant bug in over 150 hours across 2 playthroughs. Whatever mirrors you are breaking for 7 years bad luck I must be putting back together for 7 years of good luck lol

Or you just haven't noticed it (or have but pretend)

Yes Cern that one. I also got locked out of the Adamantine forge because of a bug that stops you interacting with it. I think the game was a bit too ambitious and they haven't managed to create a coherent experience depending on certain actions/paths you take unfortunately.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Or you just haven't noticed it (or have but pretend)

Yes Cern that one. I also got locked out of the Adamantine forge because of a bug that stops you interacting with it. I think the game was a bit too ambitious and they haven't managed to create a coherent experience depending on certain actions/paths you take unfortunately.
Oh no, I've definitely noticed bugs, I had one where a quest npc in Act 2 simply didnt spawn at all, so there was no way to continue the quest. A quick reload made her show up again. Its not that there arent bugs, its just that your luck sucks and you get every bug there is :D

Soldato
I also got locked out of the Adamantine forge because of a bug that stops you interacting with it. I think the game was a bit too ambitious and they haven't managed to create a coherent experience depending on certain actions/paths you take unfortunately.

The game can be very flexible in how you approach many encounters, but then it throws up some very specific puzzles / challenges like the Adamantine Forge which are less forgiving or can bug out. If a button, lever or item stops working a reload can fix the situation sometimes.

Man of Honour
The game can be very flexible in how you approach many encounters, but then it throws up some very specific puzzles / challenges like the Adamantine Forge which are less forgiving or can bug out. If a button, lever or item stops working a reload can fix the situation sometimes.
I guess that flexibility is one of the problems of allowing degrees of freedom in a CRPG. The whole series has had many bugs, Baldurs Gate 1 had so many bugs when it was released that a dedicated BG1 Bug description website was created to pool all the knowledge of how to get round the bugs. BG2 had enough bugs that not one but two Bug Fix Packs were created to correct as many of them as possible. Its like a spiderweb, the more strands of possible player choices you spread out from the middle the more chance of one of them snapping

Soldato
Another combat bug I frequently get is nothing happening. Log says "Astarion used Off-Hand melee", no sound indicated it hit, there is no feedback to say it missed, it's like the turn was just wasted and the result didn't register at all.

Caporegime
Another stupid part!

Minsc was obviously being brainwashed by a fake Jaharea, so I killed her. Then Minsc goes NOOOO and tries to kill me. So I kill him. Back at the Camp the real Jaharea finds out somehow and there's no way to defend your action, and after EVERYTHING you did in saving people, and wiping out the shadows she basically goes FFFFF you and leaves the game

Man of Honour
Another stupid part!

Minsc was obviously being brainwashed by a fake Jaharea, so I killed her. Then Minsc goes NOOOO and tries to kill me. So I kill him. Back at the Camp the real Jaharea finds out somehow and there's no way to defend your action, and after EVERYTHING you did in saving people, and wiping out the shadows she basically goes FFFFF you and leaves the game
I wonder what happens if you knock her out instead of killing her. My party at that stage is an evil party so had no qualms about bumping everyone and everything off but wonder what dialog options come up if you knock fake Jay out instead of killing her

Soldato

LOL

Latest Mod Endorser: Neil79

I am about to start Act 3. I notice everything seems to level up with you so you get that never feeling powerful thing, unless something magically shifts later on. I have to long rest after pretty much every decent fight. Just went back and fought the surgeon.
I see I am being railroaded towards something with Volo as my journal says he will be a loyal ally despite the fact I ignored him and didn't help him once in this playthrough.

Last edited:
Soldato
Latest Mod Endorser: Neil79

I am about to start Act 3. I notice everything seems to level up with you so you get that never feeling powerful thing, unless something magically shifts later on. I have to long rest after pretty much every decent fight. Just went back and fought the surgeon.
I see I am being railroaded towards something with Volo as my journal says he will be a loyal ally despite the fact I ignored him and didn't help him once in this playthrough.

Unless you have fireball and put extra stats in to fire damage.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Another stupid part!

You need to knock Minsc out instead of killing him. I also had the real Jaheira with me in my party at the time which may of helped

Soldato
Yeaaaaah. I can handle bugs but ones where my weapon justg vanishes is poor form. Unfortunately it was after a long-ass fight too so I didn't want to reload.

I don't get why I am apparently 'stealing' inside moonrise and the npcs are using the dialogue for when you attack a friendly. I was attacked on sight when I entered.

Check your buffs/debuffs, you can get a permanent flag called enemy of justice if a guard sees you kill a guard and you escape. Also from the boss fight in Grimforge where allied guards get mind controlled so they witness you killing enemy guards and count it as bad.

Last edited:
Associate
Starting Act3 with the coop game and we're playing on Tactician but the combats been fairly easy. Not that some of us don't die occasionally but three out of 4 of us know d&d and the divinity games reasonably well. Having only one character to control and focus on while talking tactics has made such a difference.

There's been a slightly disappointing amount of good equipment. We've still not found many good rings or amulets although pherphas I'm just expecting too much but we're level 10(11?) now.

Man of Honour
Starting Act3 with the coop game and we're playing on Tactician but the combats been fairly easy. Not that some of us don't die occasionally but three out of 4 of us know d&d and the divinity games reasonably well. Having only one character to control and focus on while talking tactics has made such a difference.
The game, like many games, is simply superb in co-op, especially in 4 player

Caporegime
Completed it!

Would've been a 9/10 if it was like the first and second act, but the third act... Not only was it tedious at times with it being situated throughout the city again and again, but the camera, the way pathing and most of the end of the act being combat and more combat it became a chore. So my final score is 8/10.

Soldato
The only issue I have with coop is most cutscenes are still setup for single player, same with dialogue choices. End up seeing the same character (normally the host) a whole load.

It depends on who initiates the conversation or is at the front of the group. But yeah, this tends to be whoever is the most charismatic or perceptive character most of the time. Or that person who insists on charging ahead alone :)

Back
Top Bottom