Baldur's Gate 3

Soldato
About to head off to baldurs gate, been an absolute joy playing this. I don't have much gaming time at all so it's taking me a while to get where I am but I am still gripped.
Loving my dwarf barbarian who is in a full romance with laezel which going by larian stats I'm being very niche lol

Associate
Thats a contender for the toughest battle of act1. At level 5 without the assistance mentioned (the spiders are an option too) you'd get "pwned" as you say. Its an optional battle as Matmulder indicates.

Whilst I remember seeing at least 1 of the gnomes saved show up at the beginning of act 3 I don't know if they offer you anything other than being there in the hideout with the other gnomes.

Soldato
Well I managed in the end to win the battle quite easily in the end. I got my team up the high point to the right of rock pile as was mentioned. After I wiped out all the slave drivers I blew open the rubble and killed Nere before he even managed one hit. I then accepted to find the mission to find the missing gnome. So quite pleased with myself. Thanks for the help. :)

Associate
Well I managed in the end to win the battle quite easily in the end. I got my team up the high point to the right of rock pile as was mentioned. After I wiped out all the slave drivers I blew open the rubble and killed Nere before he even managed one hit. I then accepted to find the mission to find the missing gnome. So quite pleased with myself. Thanks for the help. :)

Nice, the good thing with this game is strategy and party make up can help a lot , and so can knowledge of a fight beforehand

Associate
Coop game is still ongoing, slowly clearing out everything we can find in act3. We even found a big-ish something because someone noticed the wall looked funny aka hidden door. Afterwards when we looked it up, there was a quest from a companion to go there, which we were never able to get as the companion was dead. Died off screen before we ever saw them due to an npc fight in act1. :D

Associate
Thats why this game is so good. I never considered splitting that fight up by attacking them before Nere's release forces your hand into the fight decision. Depends how you want to role play the situation in a 'good' party.

Associate
Coop game is still ongoing, slowly clearing out everything we can find in act3. We even found a big-ish something because someone noticed the wall looked funny aka hidden door. Afterwards when we looked it up, there was a quest from a companion to go there, which we were never able to get as the companion was dead. Died off screen before we ever saw them due to an npc fight in act1. :D
I think the same happened to me, but found their body and was able to use a res scroll on them and they joined my party

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the same happened to me, but found their body and was able to use a res scroll on them and they joined my party
That’s such a cool mechanic.

Thankfully I recruited everyone alive.

I’m gonna get stuck back into act three some point this week. Was just wondering aimlessly around the city looking for secrets etc.

Soldato
I've just about cleared the underdark and really enjoying it so far. However, I haven't changed any members of my team since the start. I currently have Lae'zel, Shadowheart, Gale and me as a barbarian but should I be swapping characters all the time? I know I'll miss their storylines if I don't but I'm managing everything now and can't really be bothered TBH!

Back
Top Bottom