BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Hows this?

IMG_0067.jpg

Keep getting this message when trying to close, UDPixel.
Untitled-22.jpg
Ive got DeadPixelBuddy installed aswell not sure if there is a conflict in vista?!

Last edited:
Model: M240UW01 v.0

Bought 9 days ago. Fine so far.

I am not trying undermine the people that have genuine problems with the monitor, but I get the feeling some people look for problems straight out of the box, Instead of enjoying the monitor for what it is.

For example, In normal use, have you noticed any dead pixels? If not, why go looking for them?

If the colours and backlight are fine in normal use, why create artificial environments that will show up the slightest fault?

I have been guilty of this in the past. When I was researching a particular item, I would focus on the negatives, however small, and forget any of the positives.

Try the screen for a few hours first, then make a decision. Too many people run tests as soon as the monitor is hooked up, looking for faults. If you look hard enough, you can find faullt with everything.

Last edited:
I have the backlight problem, picked it up on Tuesday. Model number is- M240uw01 V.3

No dead pixels though.

Just checked mine - it's a V.3 too. So again, Tuesday, backlight problem, V3.

I looked for problems out the box but I found nothing (though I wouldn't be too bothered by a dead pixel or two anyway). Was the next day under normal conditions I noticed this fault.

Model: M240UW01 v.0

Bought 9 days ago. Fine so far.

I am not trying undermine the people that have genuine problems with the monitor, but I get the feeling some people look for problems straight out of the box, Instead of enjoying the monitor for what it is.

For example, In normal use, have you noticed any dead pixels? If not, why go looking for them?

If the colours and backlight are fine in normal use, why create artificial environments that will show up the slightest fault?

I have been guilty of this in the past. When I was researching a particular item, I would focus on the negatives, however small, and forget any of the positives.

Try the screen for a few hours first, then make a decision. Too many people run tests as soon as the monitor is hooked up, looking for faults. If you look hard enough, you can find faullt with everything.

Not trying to undermine, but snipe away ?:mad: Jeez.

I don't think you have read what people are saying. For me , the screen out of the box was fine, however, the backlight issue got worse over the next 10 hours of use.
I always let a monitor bed in for an hour or two before doing anything, so nothing straight from the box happens.

I hardly Think checking for dead pixles is a negative thing, they need to be identified early to give you the most time possible to work on them and remove if possible. Nor do I see it a bad thing to check the panel for colour and backlight uniformity. I can not follow your logic here.
As I said in my original posts, I had a dead pixel (just the one) which I was happy do live with, but not the second fault.

If all you do with your monitor is display interesting wall papers and occasionally look at the internet, then any screen with any fault will do, however, seeing as most people actually use their screens to the full and for many years, it seems only sensible to check and ensure you havent been sold a dud quickly, as DSR only give you 7 days to return if not fully satisfied.

AS for most of the faults reported thus far, you didn't have to look "too hard" to observe them..infact I could see mine in game.

Perhaps you can pass comment having a perfectly acceptable screen, but please do not try to undermine others who are not as fortunate as yourself in that respect.

Last edited:
Hows this?

It seems you have a similar number of bands, around 16-17 per larger band.
They look softer than mine but it is hard to judge if it is camera shake artefact or if they are really softer.

Could you please tell me your LCD model and panel version?

The LCD model should be on the sticker directly visible behind the monitor.
something like L2442W or L2442WD

To see your panel version you would ideally need a light source on top of the lcd pointing downward through the vents.

By looking upwards through the vents near your dvi and vga connectors you shoud see inside a sticker with a model and version number.
something like "M240UW01" and a bit to the right a version number.
Typicall versions so far: V0 or V.3

Thus could you please post your model and version numbers? :)

L2442W .V0 panel here. screen's great if a bit bright. Got it on Tuesday.

Have one stuck pixel in the top right and one dead in the bottom right but its not noticeable really.

All in all, considering the oney I paid a great screen so far.

Had the usual problems with Digimate registration and I'm thinking that the Achilles heel of this monitor will be the warranty support if someting goes wrong.

cheers,

Perhaps you can pass comment having a perfectly acceptable screen, but please do not try to undermine others who are not as fortunate as yourself in that respect.

As stated, i was not trying to undermine anyone. If it came accross that way, then i apologize. I was not having a snipe at anyone in particular. It was a general observation.

This is actually my first TFT for home, and its used for all the usual stuff, including gaming, and I have been pleasently surprised with my conversion from my 19"CRT. I took me long enough to choose one :D
In fact, these forums taught me about backlighting issues, which i saw for myself when i went and viewed a Samsung 226 at a local stockist. It was a shocker.

I have been lucky, as my panel seems fine, at least to my eyes. Clearly yours was unacceptable, which is a shame, because it really is a great panel to use. Plenty on here have got a decent panel though, so lets hope your replacement is better.

;)

No appology needed :) OCUK gave me a refund and with the other issues surrounding this latest batch I think it was for the best.
I think I might go around some local stockists...as you said you see it in the flesh and can assess it there and then. (if only they would turn all the shop lights off and let me have a play) :p

Had a look at mine tonight, it's a L-2442WD, M240UW01 V3

Checked two of the calibration type tests, left brightness at 40%, contrast 75% and colour temp 6550 or whatever the value is, to be honest I only brushed through some tests

No dead pixels, faint backlight bleed towards top left corner that only presents itself on the XP load screen, and then on the XP login screen where it's more visible, if Windows desktop is set to black it's less noticeable and I've not noticed it in any apps

To be honest I'd never heard of the whole backlight issue prior to reading this thread so part of me thinks I'm simply looking for it

Installed latest drivers for my old X800XT-PE and set desktop to 1920x1200 with larger fonts and visuals to best looking under control panel system, desktop and Firefox surfing are excellent

Watched the end space battle from Starwars Ep 4 using PowerDVD and blacks/contrasts excellent, images good for me

Only thing not tested is a game - ** just tried original COD @ 1600x1200 everything maxed, looks fine and scales well, visually not best game I've got but was quickest to install, will try something better over weekend

Overall very happy, I'm not concerned about the faint backlight, if it doesn't go downhill I'm sure I can live with it, I could so easily end up with a worse one or one with dead pixels, also had a look at several LCD's at work in our hot desk areas with lights dimmed and they all had varying degrees of backlight and several dead pixels on some

Last edited:
2442W panel M240UW01 v.0 here

I have noticed banding, any way of reducing its effects or do I just have to live with it?

2 weeks old btw

cheers

AFAIK the fine banding is just a feature of the panel type I think so you have to live with it. I've not noticed it during browsing/gaming which is what I use mine for. I've only seen it with the calibration scales so not looking at those any more ;):D

AFAIK the fine banding is just a feature of the panel type I think so you have to live with it. I've not noticed it during browsing/gaming which is what I use mine for. I've only seen it with the calibration scales so not looking at those any more ;):D

Thats what I think too.

Also, I feel that there are far too many people "looking" for issues with their panels. I mean, they really are going out of their way to look for a fault.

EDIT: my worry is that as DGM seem to be difficult to contact, making use of the warranty might be a problem.

nah i've seen it in game as well (EVE Online) but it doesn't bother me that much :)

Thats what I think too.

Also, I feel that there are far too many people "looking" for issues with their panels. I mean, they really are going out of their way to look for a fault.

EDIT: my worry is that as DGM seem to be difficult to contact, making use of the warranty might be a problem.

Yeah, we all look at buying a product we research and like, then spend hours looking for and often finding fault with it and go through the hassle of returning it [like driving 25 miles to the OCUK shop] just for some twisted fun.:rolleyes: FFS.

how do you define "going out of their way to find a fault" ?

If you mean loading up dead pixel buddy and looking for dead pixels and checking uniformity then you sir are way off the mark.

If I had a screen like the ones in the earlier parts of this thread
like this http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=10574373&postcount=561

I would be sat in front of it right now, basking in the glow of self satisfaction, knowing I didnt have to spend £500 to get a great screen.
Reality is often vastly different from that ideal
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=10720708&postcount=1768

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom