*** Battlefield 2042 (Console) ***

Caporegime
Not sure I recall it being like that, it had plenty of bugs, pretty game breaking as well.

Health getting stuck at half being one and being unable to respawn is another.

Edit: Oh yeah, infinite loading screen was a belter as well. Not being able to quit after a round was also annoying, although obviously not a game breaker.

Edit2: A couple more I remember, falling through the floor, reload animation getting stuck, ammo box getting stuck in the ground.

Last edited:
Soldato
Annoying K&M support is delayed, it’s all a bit vague what’s happening with it to be honest. It’s a simple feature that needs to be added in this day and age especially with cross play.

Was looking forward to playing this on my series X but I guess I’ll stick to PC for the time being.

Caporegime
Annoying K&M support is delayed, it’s all a bit vague what’s happening with it to be honest. It’s a simple feature that needs to be added in this day and age especially with cross play.

Was looking forward to playing this on my series X but I guess I’ll stick to PC for the time being.

I really CBA to spend a grand plus on a GPU when I can quite easily spend £100 on a decent wireless K+B and sit on my sofa.

Soldato

Delayed probably means its not coming

Soldato
If you have game pass ultimate, and thus have EA Play, will we be getting the beta starting the 6th? Or will we still have to wait until the 8th?
thats how i read it,
The older beta notices said preorders day one, EA Play day 2 but i haven't seen that this time round.

Soldato
I really CBA to spend a grand plus on a GPU when I can quite easily spend £100 on a decent wireless K+B and sit on my sofa.

Id rather game on the sofa these days with a 65” oled etc.

Delayed probably means its not coming

I hope your wrong. If cross play is enabled it’s a must have. I don’t know how anyone can play a game like this with a controller. Seems so backward!

ljt

ljt

Soldato
EA Play members and preorders get it on the 6th.

Top stuff cheers!

I hope your wrong. If cross play is enabled it’s a must have. I don’t know how anyone can play a game like this with a controller. Seems so backward!

I hope you can turn crossplay off. I don't want to be put in with PC players. I want as level a playing field as possible. i.e. 99% on pad so we're all equal on input device.

Soldato
I hope that's the case. Controller players shouldn't play with KB&M players.

I have nothing against mixing control methods in principle but what I do have an issue with is using server data packets to "nerf" PC players like they very much seem to be doing in CoD.

They are delaying packet data to allow console players the edge. It used to be called timenudge in the old Quake 3 days and generally would be to allow higher ping players to extrapolate player and projectile positions on their screen to help with latency differences. Looks like they are using this feature in reverse. Or they are doing something else to make PC players 10-20ms behind. So funny on replays when it shows where I'm shooting a little more accurately instead of what I saw on my screen. Literally I'm shooting at thin air half the time. Some real lol wtf moments. Something I only ever experience on PC in crossplay lobbies. I don't get it in PC only lobbies even in the same computer. Go figure. Have to play crossplay though, otherwise it takes half a day to find a lobby :(

That kind of crossplay should be kept out of games.

Associate
On the Xbox there were two open betas in the store one 17GB and the other 9GB it wasn’t exactly clear which to download…I went for the 17GB one.

Soldato
You chose... wisely.

If you go to manage game, and select File Info, you can see the 9Gb file is for XboxOne and the 17Gb is for Gen9 (Series X/S).

Dumb of them to not show the difference on the market page though... still feels like they don't know what they're doing when they release a game... makes me worried about the state of the servers.

Associate
You chose... wisely.

If you go to manage game, and select File Info, you can see the 9Gb file is for XboxOne and the 17Gb is for Gen9 (Series X/S).

Dumb of them to not show the difference on the market page though... still feels like they don't know what they're doing when they release a game... makes me worried about the state of the servers.

:cool:

I thought "smart delivery" meant there would be one option to download and it would automatically deliver you the correct version for your console?!

Back
Top Bottom