Beat saber

Associate
OP
Just bought this on the store will be trying it out at the weekend when back from offshore, looks minted.
Make sure to stretch and wear light clothes!

Updated OP again to try and keep up with changes - https://www.reddit.com/r/beatsaber/comments/ba7b2m/new_mod_manager_and_new_repository_for_mods/
The new Mod Manager is available HERE, thanks to Megalon. This is a temporary mod installer. Keep an eye out for a newer one at some point. This currently only supports 13.2 and doesn't have any rollback function, FYI.

Soldato
Oculus updated to latest version, worked but mod song list missing. Loaded new mod manager and now it won't launch :(

Fixed.

Ended up backing up the custom song, uninstalled beat saber, reinstalled and tested all working, then copied over custom songs and used the new mod manager and all back.

Associate
OP
One year later beat saber is now out of early access and we have the level editor - screenshot here.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/620980/
Hey players!

We finally made it out of Early Access! Does it mean we are done with the game? Not at all! This is just the beginning and we have big plans with Beat Saber. We have many new stuff getting ready for you and coming this year: awesome free levels, downloadable Music Packs and new features. Stay tuned!

But let's focus on today's update. What's in?

• Level editor.
  • New graphic settings.
  • One Saber levels for all OST1 and OST2 songs.
  • More realistic lighting.
  • Smaller bomb colliders. Bombs also turn off when they are behind you.
  • New precise scoring system.
  • Tweaked environments.
  • Few UI design changes and optimisations.
  • Tons of performance optimisations and small bug fixes.
Enjoy and thank you for being part of our journey. It has been an amazing year in your company and we are looking forward to seeing what's coming next!

I've not had a chance to play yet but some things from the subreddit :
  • A perfect cut used to give you 110 points. It now gives 115.
  • You have to go into VR just to open the level editor, and then having to come back out to use it.
  • BeatMods will soon be depreciated and replaced by either 'Mod Assistant', 'Beat Drop' or both.
  • If I'm reading this right, they changed how level data is stored so old custom songs don't currently work, however modders are working on a script to convert the old tracks to the new format. Although, another comment says the Song Loader mod is working?:confused:

Associate
Anyone have issues with the touch controllers have 0 - almost none existent rumble? Tried the rumble enhancer mod turned it all the way to 10 but still nothing. It's really annoying me it not working. I'm using the rift s and have tried switching USB ports and deleting the settings files as suggested online. Running the steam vr version of the game but rumble works on every other game fine

Soldato
Anyone have issues with the touch controllers have 0 - almost none existent rumble? Tried the rumble enhancer mod turned it all the way to 10 but still nothing. It's really annoying me it not working. I'm using the rift s and have tried switching USB ports and deleting the settings files as suggested online. Running the steam vr version of the game but rumble works on every other game fine

That appears to be a problem specific to Steam VR games. I guess there'll need to be an update for the Rift S.

Associate
so the new beta drivers for steam vr has fixed the rumble on my controllers. for anyone else having little to no feeback in steam vr games then opt into the steam vr beta. just dont forget to run your room set up (unlike i did) or you will end up standing in the floor lol

Soldato
Absolutely loving the game, I can see why it's incredibly popular.

Uptown funk and Rasputin have put bigger smiles on my face over anything I've done before in 3 years of VR *I think... I really wanted to carry on playing tonight and give the gym a miss:o

Not so sure how id get on without the controllers being strapped to my hands though. I've a feeling had I played it earlier with the Vive controllers I would have spent a small fortune on replacements:)

Soldato
If you don't mind the song being a bit of a comedy special (assuming that's how you consider gangnam style), then 'Everything is Awesome' from the Lego Movie works really well too.

On the subject of keeping hold of the controllers, it's not entirely obvious that when you're in a song, you can keep the trigger buttons pressed down throughout without it having any effect, so improving your grip substantially. Apologies if you were already aware of that.

I think my favourite song in it now is The Pretender by the Foo Fighters. It's absolutely frantic, but just the right side of being impossible to keep up with (for me at least). Stops it being frustrating, but gives a real sense of achievement if you do it well. And absolutely knackering too.

Soldato
Download the mod manager, then get beat drop. They're custom tracks, but there are song packs available in game.

Another stomping tune is the good ol'e Weather Girls, it's rain men has some fantastic patterns that just flow.

Back
Top Bottom