Beat saber

Associate
Im still a noob and an old timer and when I first played i couldnt do upward swings and two different colour blocks on top of each other were impossible! Now ive played for a while things kind of slot into place., im now playing, swinging my hips, and having so much fun. I just did the faster level (8a?). After only 5 days I can see how my brain is adopting to the levels and the better I get the more fun it gets. Awesome stuff

Associate
Will give that a try, although suspect I may fly into a wall which I'm blaming you for!

My fav tracks are def Gangnam and Daddy by Psy at the moment. Just the right level of difficulty, good songs and nice rhythm to them.

Underboss
ive watched a fair few YT videos now
i so want a VR now, and the room for it

ive just been watching this lady, this is the correct way to play (dance too!)

chose this particular tune, not just because one of my favorite songs, but what she has to go through!!

Associate
OP
did you guys know, there are 360 degree levels coming to the game ? end of this year it says on the Beat Sabre FAQ
https://beatsaber.com/faq

I've not played yet but the recent update announcement says this is already out, looks pretty good from the videos.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/620980/announcements/detail/3462636667924814182
Beat saber said:
Hey players,

Brand new Green Day Music Pack is here! Get rock selection of six of the band's most iconic hits & new singles.

This update also comes with:

- Brand new 360° and 90° Levels
- Adaptive SFX volume
- Automatic player height detection
- UI improvements
- Graphics improvements
- Various tweaks and fixes

List of mapped 360°/90° Levels:

Easy: Beat Saber, Turn Me On, I Need You, Till It's Over
Normal: $100 Bills, Commercial Pumping, Believer, Origins, Immortal, Father of All...
Hard: Legend, Believer, Thunder, High Hopes, Crab Rave, Holiday
Expert: Country Rounds, LVL Insane, Unlimited Power, EPIC, Emperor's New Clothes, Origins
Expert+: Balearic Pumping, Breezer, Glide, Origins, Overkill

Soldato
360 levels are fun!

First thing I tried was Crab Rave (only because it was the first one I noticed with the 360 option) and defeintely gets you moving.

That perticular song does the 360 well by never really focing you to do an instant 180 or anythinng like that, they kind of slowly appear around you to make sure you can see them coming.

So yeah, works well and defintely much harder but more satisfying as well! :D

Soldato
360 appears to resemble the game type that's in Holodance. Basically it spits out blocks at random stations that surround you, it's hella hard work and less fun imho.

Be interesting to see if custom maps get taken to another level in 360 though.

Soldato
So with the lockdown in full effect and the 'Fitbeat' update being absolutely rubbish, we need some actual fun stuff that'll get your heart racing in these troubled times.

Basement Jax - Do your thing. (mental)
Bon Jovi - Shot through the heart. (racy rock)
Bony M - Rasputin (it's a classic)

And if your joints are beginning to creak a little, surprisingly enough Flo Rida has your back with 'Low':D

Don
I played Beat Saber extensively in the early days after release. I came back to it recently after all the Copyright Infringement stuff was implemented, I don't find the new tracks nearly as interesting as the older ones. Some of my original favourite custom tracks have changed completely, and not for the better.

and the beat drop app is just plain garbage to try and look for tracks now.

Soldato
Just drop on bsaber and download them manually. Sure it's not one click, but tracks are still coming.

My man Major Pickle is still banging them out. His new stuff keeps the dancing vibe of old going, the guy is a genius at mapping.

Soldato
A few tracks we have been enjoying on Beat Saber during lockdown

Jackson 5 - ABC
Jackson 5 - Want you back
Proclaimers - Im Gonna Be (500 Miles)
ELO - Mr. Blue Sky
Eminem (ft. Rihanna) - Love The Way You Lie
Justin Timberlake - Can’t stop the feeling
Bastille - Pompeii

All give a decent workout.

Man of Honour
Have just come to this now. Totally stuck on level 11 of the campaign. The one where you have to get arm distance (but actually not getting to the end yet)

Any tips (or dare I say it cheats?)

Back
Top Bottom