BenQ BL3201PT Titan X funny horizontal flash down the screen and odd glitch

Associate
Had my BL3201PT for three weeks and I use it maybe 4-5 hours a day. I'm getting glitches a couple of times a day, some so brief they barely register other times the whole screen will flash - always far less than a second but noticable.

It's the only thing annoying me with this monitor as the picture on it is gorgeous.

PS. I've tried four displayport cables including the one that came with it and two different 780ti's (an EVGA 780ti SC ACX and my EVGA 780ti Dual Classified).

Associate
Thats interesting, I wonder if there are people who /don't/ see it at all on their screen...

That we can probably rule out the cable. Well, it's very likely to be related to the cable /anyway/ but it should be within tolerances, and here it appears it glitches even with a good cable..

Associate
OP
do you guys think it will get worst? i really am thinking of taking mine back, but i dont really want to im happy with it just this glitch thing is making not want to keep it, incase its starts to happen more

Associate
We're all in the same boat @Roman. But the 'good' sign for me is that I have two screen, and it doesn't appear to get worse at all. I've had them a month now, and use them all day.
It doesn't look like it's temperature based either, the last glitch I saw was barely a few minutes after I powered the screen, so it's unlikely to be due to a bad power like the Hazro were...

Perhaps a firmware glitch or something... I /wish/ we could compare firmware numbers...

Associate
OP
i think im going to take it back monday as its to much money to pay, 6 months it could be a lot worst, i mite replace with the Acer B326HK 4K it seems to be the same monitor with out the glitch hopefully
or the Philips 40inc 4K

Associate
Its probably a part fault and wont be ammended unless in an upgraded model, im returning mine and if it bothers you then you may as well return and get something else

Associate
OP
well i think ive fixed mine or reduced it a lot
it was happening a lot few times a day, with the cable out the box, i got a new mini DP cable it was like once a day maybe http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o00_s01
put the original cable back in it happened a lot more

but then i got a full size DP cable on each side http://www.lindy.co.uk/cables-adapte...rt-cable-p7749
the cromo range will not fit this monitor
ive not seen it happen in 3 days or if it has ive not noteist it, i think it could be the cable out the box being cheap and being mini at the end
has any one els done this really worth giveing it a try
i was going to take this back but i did not want to as its really a good monitor and lots of good reviews about it

Associate
I've tried four cables but, hand on heart, none of them were exactly brand name examples... I'm willing to give it a go.
Sorry, Roman your link got cut off, could you post the cables part number again and I'll order one up for myself and see if it sorts it for me too.

As an aside, I've found I seem to be able to reduce the incidence of the glitch by turning off the AMA overdrive in the monitor's menu.

Associate
OP
i may of seen it im not sure if i did or my mind playing tricks lol
but not seen it since this new cable
http://www.lindy.co.uk/cables-adapt...c113/1m-3dtv-1080p-4k-displayport-cable-p7749
they have a cromo range witch is not much more but the HUD is to big to fit into the monitor, this is my 3th cable seems to be the best other 2 were mini DP
allso if the cable is over 2 meters its not good lindiy told me on a email no cable over 2 meter is DP certified, so i got a 1 meter one to be safe
whats the AMA overdrive?

Associate
I took a look and ended up ordering one of their 2m Cromo Displayport cables - Here's hoping it helps. :)

You can find the AMA setting in the "Picture" menu for the monitor, it's a way the manufacturers can overclock the voltage used to change the state of the pixels to improve response time (for instance, force a 5ms lcd to work like a 2ms one - but there can be drawbacks).

This link probably explains it better;
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/advancedcontent.htm

Associate
Hold on I've just re-read your last post - Do you mean the Cromo cable wont fit?!? :eek:

EDIT: Managed to cancel the order for the cable just in case.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
no its to big i had to send it back, the black cable is DP certified aswell,
i think there the same cable just different heads
i had the cromo mini that was good but wanted to try the full size one
i had the flash befor but only had it 2 times since Friday so not to bad really
this is the best 32inch 4K so looks like ill keep it untill a 4k 40inch G-sync

what GPU are you useing some people dont seem to get this problem

Back
Top Bottom