Best Rollercoaster you've been on.

Gog

Gog

Associate
Another vote for The Hulk here, although Kraken comes a very close second. Although not technically a coaster, I also really liked the Spiderman ride at Universal.
For the UK though, I would probably say Air.

My wife and myself are huge theme park fans, and we're currently saving for a trip to the States to visit Six Flags Magic Mountain. We saw a feature on the "X" coaster and decided we just had to try it :)

Associate
Sheikra - Busch Gardens
Montu - Bush Gardens
Kracken - Sea World

For wooden coasters i liked Gwazi @ Busch

Also Thunder Mountain in the dark on one of the Haloween nights was good

Last edited:
Soldato
malc30 said:
Your posts are as childish as your sig, i don't have to make you go anywhere i would much rather you stayed so i can laugh at you some more. Now get back on topic and stop being an arse.

With that attitude I can definately see why you got MoH :confused:.

I think the best rollercoaster I've been on was one similar to Nemesis at the Paramount park in Toronto. I think it was called the Top Gun? I only say that one though as it's been years since I went on Nemesis ;).

Man of Honour
Agh, I forgot Montu, that really is great. As for the Top Thrill Dragster ride and the 'superior' Kingda Ka, I can only imagine how pant wettingly terrorfying those are having been scared on the mortal Stealth at thorpe park! :p

Something that may interest a few of you is coaster X, where the seats actually flip round mid ride!
sfmm_x_07.jpg

:eek:

http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/coasters/reviews/x/

Soldato
Abyss said:
You took the words right out of my mouth. I love Kraken, lost count of how many times I went on it in a row!

yeah I've been on it loads to, I was in Florida the week before its official opening but I went to Seaworld on what must have been a bank holiday and they were letting people on it to test it, not many people knew about it so I went on it so many times :D Been back about 3 times since then and it's still my fav, going back in April :D

Soldato
Agree on Hulk and Rock and Rollercoaster, both stunning. Rides that don't have the magno-super-accelolaunch system now seem boring in comparison.

Speed at the Sahara in LV also has it and that is pretty amazing considering the size of it, and that its in a hotel.

Associate
A few years ago when i last went to florida.Busch Gardens was almost empty. So we went on front row of montu around and around about 7 times. The people working there at one point just didnt stop at the end, just carried on through :p

My top 5, in no order would be

Kraken
Nemesis
Montu
Duelling Dragons
Dragon Kahn

I dont think sheikra or aerosmith quite make it. The start of aerosmith was mind blowing but the rest of the ride was quite average

Associate
The best rollercoasters would be in Florida but I can't remember most of the names,
Space Mountain and most of the ones in Island of Adenture were awesome.

In Alton Towers Air and Nemisis are great, I didn't think much of Rita though, it was pretty boring! :p

Soldato
for anybody whos interested, thorpe park have apparently increased the launch speed on stealth for the 2007 season

http://www.screamscape.com/html/thorpe_park.htm
Screamscape said:
the big news so far is that the park's website is promoting what they call Stealth v1.1. It seems Thorpe Park has upgraded the launch of the coaster so that it hits 80mph in just under 2 seconds now instead of the nearly 2.3-2.5 seconds it took before which will increase the amount of thrust the riders feel by around 20%.
i really need to make my way upto thorpe park now :D

subxero said:
Ah yes, and another ride the Dueling Dragons from Islands of Adventure where the two rollercoasters meet in the middle :)
That is awesome! They had to stop it half way up the hill for me coz I had the piddlyist little camera strapped to my hand since I had no pockets. The dumb yank told me I had to have it in my pocket or I couldnt ride it. After telling him I had no pockets and refusing to hold it for me I had to hold it between my legs.. hmm yeah he thought that was safer... not strapped around my wrist with a cord and held tightly in my palm ooh no.

Back
Top Bottom