*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Soldato
As for me I’m still bouncing around 100kg. I usually weigh myself on a Monday/Wednesday/Friday. I follow a pattern of ~100kg on a Friday then up to 102kg on a Monday and then drop down to 100kg again on a Friday.

I didn’t weigh myself yesterday as the scales needed a new battery, but today I was 100.2kg. I’m hoping with a decent day I’ll finally see 99 tomorrow! Although I know it’s never quite that simple.

It’s annoying as I don’t think I’ve been too bad over the weekends over the last month. It just needs a real concerted effort to push through this barrier I think.

As for me I’m still bouncing around 100kg. I usually weigh myself on a Monday/Wednesday/Friday. I follow a pattern of ~100kg on a Friday then up to 102kg on a Monday and then drop down to 100kg again on a Friday.

I didn’t weigh myself yesterday as the scales needed a new battery, but today I was 100.2kg. I’m hoping with a decent day I’ll finally see 99 tomorrow! Although I know it’s never quite that simple.

It’s annoying as I don’t think I’ve been too bad over the weekends over the last month. It just needs a real concerted effort to push through this barrier I think.
I bought myself some salter digital scales which measure BMI and a whole load of other stuff.

But then also bought a normal one without batteries and whenever I weigh myself they are both different.

Not hugely but I now take the middle measurement of both to try and get it a more average measurement.

Hope this makes sense?

I'm not suggesting you buy loads of scales but perhaps having 2 sets will give you a better idea even if it is out by a few kilograms.

Soldato
I bought myself some salter digital scales which measure BMI and a whole load of other stuff.

But then also bought a normal one without batteries and whenever I weigh myself they are both different.

Not hugely but I now take the middle measurement of both to try and get it a more average measurement.

Hope this makes sense?

I'm not suggesting you buy loads of scales but perhaps having 2 sets will give you a better idea even if it is out by a few kilograms.

Yeah, if i weigh myself upstairs it's usually a different measurement, i'm not really too bothered about accuracy and just use it as a general guide so as long as it's consistently wrong i'm ok with it, if that makes sense.

I do contemplate buying some of the scales that do other measurements, but being a Garmin user i'd really like the Garmin ones but there's no way i'm paying £100 for some scales!

Soldato
I have a particular place on the flooring in the bathroom that’s my ‘scale spot’ for consistency.

Finally dropped the water after what seemed like ages. Getting pretty veiny but also getting the gaunt ‘death face’ so probably should call it a day soon then maintain at the new weight for a couple of weeks before hopping back on the gain train.

Associate
What's MFP? Sounds like it's working though as that's an impressive amount of weight to lose!

Thanks, it's never easy is it! My motivation is just 'if you did this 6 months ago you'd have achieved x by now'. Seems to work for me nowadays haha, must be me getting older and realising I'm not getting that time back!

Soldato
Whoop, i know it's never all that scientific, but since yesterday was 100.2, i'd been hoping that today might've just nudged under 100. Weirdly today i was 97.5!

Pretty glad to have finally broken that barrier, even if it does increase back up again soon.

Man of Honour
Since getting back on the fat loss train I've found being mindful of getting 7-8k steps a day has really helped keep things moving but not feeling like I'm having to hammer hours of cardio a week and leaving me battered.

Soldato
Since getting back on the fat loss train I've found being mindful of getting 7-8k steps a day has really helped keep things moving but not feeling like I'm having to hammer hours of cardio a week and leaving me battered.
My fitbit tells me I walk about 8-10 miles / 20000 steps a day at work so I'm sure that's helping in my case.

Man of Honour
My fitbit tells me I walk about 8-10 miles / 20000 steps a day at work so I'm sure that's helping in my case.
I'm a desk monkey so it's a much bigger change from my usual baseline for me, it was definitely easier to keep my weight in check when my job involved me being on my feet for 12+hours :o

Soldato
I'm a desk monkey so it's a much bigger change from my usual baseline for me, it was definitely easier to keep my weight in check when my job involved me being on my feet for 12+hours :o
I'm getting close to knocking work on the head so will have to be careful and make the effort to get out walking or start using the treadmill again.

Soldato

Yeah. I noticed a huge change from when I worked in Manchester and walked to the train station/around town at dinner vs driving to an office. Even worse now working from home!

I find on none exercise days I’m as low as 2k steps.

Associate
After 2 weeks all inclusive in Tenerife I'm back on the fat loss train. I do OMAD (one normal meal a day) after 5 days I've lost 10lb (3lb less than I weighed before holiday) so I'm pretty happy with it so far. I have about 5 stone to lose to get to my bmi though so there is plenty of weight still to go.

Back
Top Bottom