Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Man of Honour
Just got myself one of these off Ebay will post the results up in the week:

84c68be37c55db87a4f7b2e9eca6fcc8.png

I'm sure the product works but the burger in the cover art is just *vomit smiley*

Soldato
Blimey, I advise you try for yourself.

I think Five Guys fries are probably one of the best fries I've had, others on here call them "bland" so meh.
What I meant was that I was going to go to Guildford specifically for Five Guys, but I won't be doing that now. However, if I go there for anything else, I might try one.

Associate
Has two really disappointing trips to Almost Famous recently. Once in the Liverpool one, once in the reopened original site in Manchester.

Not sure why, but the first time the pulled pork was bad, the second time the bacon was undercooked.

Also, despite the Five Guys hate, I'm stuff enjoying grabbing a burger from there every week or so on the way home in the evening.

Associate
Ive been to Five Guys a couple of times, but never been overly impressed. Not sure what the price is like in the UK, but over here in the states, you pay far more than I believe you should.

I pick In N Out and Umami Burger over it every single time.

Man of Honour
Was in london twice last week. Tried 5 Guys again. Still massively average. I'd still rather have a TGI Fridays JD burger.

Next day was around Liverpool St. Went to Patty & Bun and had a Smoky Robinson. So much better than, well pretty much any burger I've eaten in quite a while. Going back later this week. :D

Soldato
Next day was around Liverpool St. Went to Patty & Bun and had a Smoky Robinson. So much better than, well pretty much any burger I've eaten in quite a while. Going back later this week. :D
Damn, they're good!

Now it may not be classed as eating at a burger restaurant, but at the weekend I had a Turner & George burger (I think it was an Upminster burger), with homemade BBQ sauce, mature cheddar, pickled red onion, and American mustard, all contained in a lovely Brioche burger bun, and it was superb. Up with a Smokey Robinson and better than almost every other burger I've had.

Soldato
Heading up to Newcastle next month so will deffo check out Burgerstop. Is it usually busy? Do you have to book?

Not busy for lunch. Unsure for dinner, but we've been three times now and has always been very quiet. Real shame as the burgers are absolutely awesome. They need to get a PR company to represent them as their product is spot on

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Had a five guys yesterday in Orlando. Was identical to the UK version which on one hand is good that it is consistent but on the other is disappointing as my memories of the NYC one I had were fond ones.

I Am flying back via JFK on Tuesday but the terminal I go from has no decent food in it. Terminal 4 is amazing as it has a blue smoke BBQ and a shake shack.

I emailed shake shake to see if it was possible to go from terminal 8 to terminal 4 and get a burger but alas they said no as it is behind security. However, the manager of Shake Shack is bringing me a meal over from T4 to T8!!! Amazing customer service or what!?!?! :cool::o

Caporegime
Had a five guys yesterday in Orlando. Was identical to the UK version which on one hand is good that it is consistent but on the other is disappointing as my memories of the NYC one I had were fond ones.

I Am flying back via JFK on Tuesday but the terminal I go from has no decent food in it. Terminal 4 is amazing as it has a blue smoke BBQ and a shake shack.

I emailed shake shake to see if it was possible to go from terminal 8 to terminal 4 and get a burger but alas they said no as it is behind security. However, the manager of Shake Shack is bringing me a meal over from T4 to T8!!! Amazing customer service or what!?!?! :cool::o

Now that deserves a bit tip!

Soldato
Had a 5 Guys on Saturday and was not impressed.
2 burgers, 1 large chips and 2 drinks was £26.

The burger was quite nice but not worth £8!
We got the Cajun chips and they weren't nice at all
The selection of drinks choice was a really nice change though!

Soldato

Blimey, that is impressive!

Associate
Oh man after seeing that photo, I'm going to have to go to The Gold Standard at Holsteins in Las Vegas, just to order exactly what you did. That looks incredible, and it's making me so hungry :(

Soldato
was stood outside Holsteins in vegas last year - but was a bit full after lunch so didnt go in

if i go back im going straight there from the airport!!!

however without that - In-n-out for fast food, umami for resturant.
R+D kitchen in Santa Monica too just because of the burger sauce

Soldato
OP
Oh man after seeing that photo, I'm going to have to go to The Gold Standard at Holsteins in Las Vegas, just to order exactly what you did. That looks incredible, and it's making me so hungry :(

Gold standard is the best burger ever. And I have tried a lot of burgers! Ate at Burger 21 in Orlando two days ago and it wasn't up to much. Am about 60 mins away from my Shake Shack, just enjoying in flight internet at the moment!

Soldato
Went to Burgerstop in Newcastle last week. Best burger I've eaten in a long time. Cant recommend them enough. Absolutey brilliant

http://www.burgerstop.co.uk/

Tried this last night, had the "Up in Smoke" burger with blue cheese and bacon, and a side of their chicken wings. Probably the best burger I've ever had to this point. The place was dead though so they're doing something wrong...

Back
Top Bottom