Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
OP
The ingredients all seem to merge in to one gooey, beefy, cheesy, bacony union to become a bastion of deliciousness. You don't even notice the salad polluting the meaty goodness, it just adds to the flavour explosion in your mouth.

Shake Shack have nailed it; it's as good as 'fast food' burgers get.

Not sure if the UK burger will be as good though...

Soldato
OP
The milkshakes there are hnnnnnggggggg

But the burgers are also hnnnnnnggggg

I had the caramel one and the mrs had a 'black and white' one. They are epic but where the Covent Garden branch really excels is in their frozen custards with local ingredients. The sticky toffee pud one is god like.

Hawksmoor for a steak then stroll down to CG to grab a frozen custard for pud is the order of the day...

Soldato
Grabbed myself a Patty & Bun take out last night, told the guys I had to catch a train in like 5 minutes and they got me that burger done very quickly.

It was ok, but I still think I prefer Byron out of all the places I've been so far.

Excuse the somewhat messy photos!

20140725_223012_zps178438cf.jpg

20140725_223032_zps6c2315f8.jpg

20140725_223232_zps01fbc77c.jpg

Kudos to them though that they gave me plenty of napkins and face wipes!

Can't type for toffee
Don
Made these a coupla weeks back:

1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions

1 1/4 pounds ground veal
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon ground black pepper

Make small thin patties top with the mozarella/onion mix slap another patty on top.
Cook.

they were fantastic and I think Im gonna try making a few other bits n bobs with veal as it tasted VERY meaty

Man of Honour
I had the caramel one and the mrs had a 'black and white' one. They are epic but where the Covent Garden branch really excels is in their frozen custards with local ingredients. The sticky toffee pud one is god like.

Hawksmoor for a steak then stroll down to CG to grab a frozen custard for pud is the order of the day...

Hawksmoor do good burgers too to be fair. :)

Back
Top Bottom