Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
I'm down in London at UCL for the next two days and staying in a hotel near Wembley tomorrow night. Are there any great burger places near either?

From Wembley Park grab the metropolitan to Uxbridge and go to red iron burger. You won't regret it.

Also next to the KFC on Wembley high Road there is a relatively cheap fast food burger place. Chips drink and 10oz burger for a fiver, 20oz for 6 quid

Soldato
It's a reasonably big burger. 10oz of ground beef, so cooked rare/medium rare generally. The "combo" is for 2 people to share, it's £60, and you get lobster and a burger each. :)
I did Burger and Lobster, for the lobster, last year. A bit disappointing really; it wasn't up to much, and London prices as you'd expect. I had one twice the size for half the price (in Barbados). That burger does look good though.

Man of Honour
I did Burger and Lobster, for the lobster, last year. A bit disappointing really; it wasn't up to much, and London prices as you'd expect. I had one twice the size for half the price (in Barbados). That burger does look good though.

Yeah, when I spent a month in Cuba I had massive lobsters nearly every day for the cost of a cup of coffee over here!

I like Lobster, but I don't go mad for it - it's nice but it's never something I'd choose over something just because it is lobster. I will try the lobster next time though, it's only £20 so why not (unless you buy a jumbo, but that seems a little excessive).

Soldato
if your ever around in Nottingham make sure to visit Annies burger shack. its in the lace market area of Nottingham

Awesome burgers, loads of weird and wonderful combinations and good beers on hand.

and the prices are pretty darn good imo

I live in Nottingham..

This caught my eye:

"The Sunday Dinner / 10.90

A sumptuous burger topped with roast chicken breast, homemade Yorkshire pudding, stuffing
ball, mini roast potatoes and mini vegetables, all covered in home made gravy."

SOLD.

http://www.anniesburgershack.com/

Menu on their site.

Man of Honour
Due to me not paying attention to directions properly it took me about 20 minutes to find Almost Famous..sigh.

Just waiting on a River Phoenix and some Winning Fries. Hopefully the messing about will be worth it...

edit:

River Phoenix is probably the best burger I've ever tasted. First bite I was a bit 'bleh' but after that the various sauces and condiments really added to the experience. Really really really good.

The fries weren't anything special but they were just the cheapest ones they do. Also, they were being compared to a super awesome burger so perhaps that wasn't very fair :) I may try the other options for fries in future but I'm not really that big on chips/fries/whatever anyhow so maybe not.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I have been doing Market Force assignments recently (secret shopper) and a Five Guys assignments keeps popping up.......I guess the reason no one wants to do it is because there are over 170 questions to complete!! Surprisingly I had a damn good burger at Strada recently - their beef puccia. Really tasty.

Soldato
I have been doing Market Force assignments recently (secret shopper) and a Five Guys assignments keeps popping up.......I guess the reason no one wants to do it is because there are over 170 questions to complete!! Surprisingly I had a damn good burger at Strada recently - their beef puccia. Really tasty.

I have also been doing the same but got bored of going to Five Guys so often as I do not rate it. The questionnaire is pretty straightforwards. Just remember what people look like who served you and time the order time. rest is easy.

Caporegime
Oh are they just multiple choice ones with no extra characters needed? Still, 170 seems ridiculous. I almost ended up doing Strada 3 times in a row tonight but declined a friend's offer. Do love Market Force :D - have you done the recent Stella assignments?

Soldato
OP
Went to Almost Famous Liverpool yesterday for my hangover cure. Triple Nom (Pulled Pork, two beef patties, cheese, coleslaw and bbq sauce) with Bacon Bacon Fries (Fries, baconnaise and those bacon sprinkles you get on salad). It's up there with the best as the burgers are really beefy and juicy, sourced from a local butcher in Manchester, but you need a bath after the whole experience.

Hangover disappeared shortly after too :)

Associate
Haven't read the whole thread but had Lucky Chip and Big Apple Hotdogs supplying the food for a corporate event a few days ago. I was very impressed with the quality of the burgers which Lucky Chip were making, having finally eaten a good burger I am certainly converted and looking for more. Gonna explore some of the places mentioned in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom