Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
I had a Byron burger in Milton Keynes today.

Did not know what to expect, they aparently have good burgers. I had the chilli burger and chips with skin on.

Nice to be honest given its a fairly mainstream food place in mk center. The burger was nice, bun was soft, it was a nice size too. found there sauce they put on a little claggy to the roof of my mouth. The chips were almost the same as patty and bun just without the rosmary salt.

Its not a patty and bun that's for sure, but for a local burger I am impressed.

Soldato
I always get nervous when I see places list "hamburger" instead of "beefburger" as on a trip to Prague a few years back I ordered the former expecting something made of beef and instead got something made of what looked like reconstituted ham? It was absolutely disgusting.

I assume Byron and the like serve proper burgers and nothing like the above? If so I am going to give the Exeter branch a try this week as it's come quite recommended in this thread.

(apologies for the stupid question, I'd just like to not make the same mistake)

Soldato
I always get nervous when I see places list "hamburger" instead of "beefburger" as on a trip to Prague a few years back I ordered the former expecting something made of beef and instead got something made of what looked like reconstituted ham? It was absolutely disgusting.

I assume Byron and the like serve proper burgers and nothing like the above? If so I am going to give the Exeter branch a try this week as it's come quite recommended in this thread.

(apologies for the stupid question, I'd just like to not make the same mistake)

Your safe at Byron :)

Soldato
The burger was created by Honky Tonk as a publicity stunt in partnership with Groupon, with one meal being given away to a lucky diner.

Guess it worked then.

Soldato
For those in Scotland, try the burgers served in Dram on Woodlands Road, they are fantastic.

Went in on Thursday and had the cheese and bacon burger with spicy cheese fries. It was definitely up there with the usual burger joints and possibly the best one I have had!

Soldato
MeatLiquor for lunch tomorrow. :D

Potentially Pit Cue in the evening too. :D :D
Well I'm supposed to be going to Bodeans on Thursday for a meat and beer catchup. It's not great but it's convenient. Just the thought of Pit Cue Co is tempting me to go there instead (there is no comparison between the quality of Bodeans and Pit Cue of course).

Man of Honour
Love the food at MEATLiquor.
Hate the building. Far too dark and trendy for me. Same with some coffee shops in London. I'd actually like to be able to see across the table.
Takeout may be my thing here.

Had the Bacon cheeseburger. Truly a great burger. Fries were very generic, but not over salted which was a very nice surprise.

Didn't get to go to Pitt Cue today. Next Tuesday for lunch then. ;)

Back
Top Bottom