Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I thought Five Guys was pretty good. I was really happy with the burger as it tasted fantastic and had great texture.

The fries on the other hand though I absolutely hated, they were so salty they were inedible. I had about 5 and then binned the rest.

Prices were on the high side too.

Find that so strange as I literally go to Five Guys for the Cajun Fries. The burger is simply 'alright'. The Cajun Fries are absolutely A*.

Soldato
It tha Cajun fries I had. It's entirely possibly that they were over salted by accident plus I generally don't like anything more than a minimal amount of salt.

Next time I'm passing I'll try again and see.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
It tha Cajun fries I had. It's entirely possibly that they were over salted by accident plus I generally don't like anything more than a minimal amount of salt.

Next time I'm passing I'll try again and see.

They are pretty salty, if minimal salt is your thing I can imagine that they probably aren't for you!

Man of Honour
I've been to five guys a couple of times in the UK now and had been previously in FLA and I'm not in love with it. It's good but not mind blowing. Certainly hands down beats the rubbish from the big fast food chains but meh

Soldato
Any decent burger places in Camden? Been to Hache which was pretty average. I see there's an Honest Burger but interested in trying any others..

Soldato
How about Fat Burger? I haven't been to the one in Camden but I've been to a few in the US and they've been really quite good.
At first glance the reviews seem pretty bad. It might be similar to Five Guys though whereas people are expecting 'gourmet' instead of fast food... I've just realised there's a Brewdog bar up there..

Soldato
They are opening a five guys just down the road from me soon (Putney) so i'll finally get to try it :)

I've also recently tried my first burger from Patty and Bun which was very nice.

Soldato
They are opening a five guys just down the road from me soon (Putney) so i'll finally get to try it :)

I've also recently tried my first burger from Patty and Bun which was very nice.

I'm in Putney too, was very excited when I saw they were opening here.

Back
Top Bottom