Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
That burger looks great but french beans on the side? Naw thanks :D

Just got back from my second Five Guys. Do you know what, ignoring the price I think it's great. I totally forgot they were all double burgers as standard too. As long as you don't go in expecting a 'gourmet' burger then there's no reason to dislike it.

Also, there's a Shake Shack opening round the corner. I will have Five Guys, Byron, Flat Iron and now Shake Shack all within 5mins walk of my work. And Honest Burger is only a bit further. Eek :eek: :p

Soldato
I had a brie and bacon burger at Cattle Grid in Balham on Saturday night. Very tasty it was too.

The burger meat was juicy and very flavourful. It was served in a brioche roll with crunchy lettuce and tomato. Yummy.

img

img

Associate
I've had burgers where the burger itself tasted fantastic. steakandhonour are a local food park van(s) which uses locally sourced grass fed longhorn chuck, and you really can taste the difference in the beef.

I've had their burger. Best tasting burger I have had anywhere here or US.

Man of Honour
Gutted, had a meeting in Manchester today and popped into pieminister for lunch (which was great) then turned out then meeting was a couple of doors down from almost famious :(
Will have to make it up to myself with an epic London Burger tomorrow instead... Where to pick, dirty burger is near my hotel tomorrow so that may be luch :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Gutted, had a meeting in Manchester today and popped into pieminister for lunch (which was great) then turned out then meeting was a couple of doors down from almost famious :(
Will have to make it up to myself with an epic London Burger tomorrow instead... Where to pick, dirty burger is near my hotel tomorrow so that may be luch :)

Ah, unlucky. AF is awesome.

Soldato
Has anyone had any of Patty and Bun's breakfast creations? If so what are they like?

I follow them on instagram and some of the things they create for breakfast look really tasty, unfortunately living in the west country means I will never get to taste them :p

Man of Honour
Has anyone had any of Patty and Bun's breakfast creations? If so what are they like?

I follow them on instagram and some of the things they create for breakfast look really tasty, unfortunately living in the west country means I will never get to taste them :p

wow, way to torture yourself - the breakfast is (almost) as good as the normal burgers. I've only had the P&B sausage but think of a sausage mcmuffin, except with real juicy meat, a decent bun, seriously tasty ketchup....

It does lack that aftertaste of disappointment and self loathing you always seem to get with mcdonalds though...

Soldato
wow, way to torture yourself - the breakfast is (almost) as good as the normal burgers. I've only had the P&B sausage but think of a sausage mcmuffin, except with real juicy meat, a decent bun, seriously tasty ketchup....

It does lack that aftertaste of disappointment and self loathing you always seem to get with mcdonalds though...

I'm not sure why I do it to myself. Originally I didn't follow them but then the misses would just show me the pictures as she did so I thought may as well torture myself then let her torture me more :p:D

Hopefully I can get to London some point soon around breakfast time and try some of their stuff out, that P&B sausage sounds really good and it looks delicious. I could do with less self loathing at the moment :p

Soldato
Wow I never got a bit of bacon that big when I went! I thought Dirty Burger was great but a bit small. Should have got a double..

Back
Top Bottom