Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
I had a Five Guys for the first time about a month ago and it was lovely.

Although every burger to me pales in comparison to the one I had in Prague at The Tavern.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...30-Reviews-The_Tavern_Bar-Prague_Bohemia.html

Never have I ever had anything as amazingly scrumptious as the burgers at that place. Perhaps it was just the mindset I had then, 2nd year of University, amazing beer, amazing food, amazing friends, take me back to Summer 2013 :(.

However I will always remember the burgers they served there as the best burgers I have ever had. And I would whole-heartedly recommend this place to anyone who visits Prague.

Pre Star Wars Byron this evening. Standard Byron burger with with blue cheese instead of cheddar, with courgette fries on the side.

My brother had the Father Cheesemas, and looked ruined by the time he'd finished it.

Awesome eats, awesome film. Satisfying evening all in all.

Soldato
hfeyYYx.jpg

Basic burger in Shakeshack Westfield Stratford couple of days ago. A bit small considering the price I paid for it. Nice, but would've preferred it without the Cheese. Would've paid the same for without, so I didn't ask for no Cheese.

Man of Honour
Had my first Byron in Manchester over the weekend, really tasty and perfectly cooked but them prices :eek:

Didn't find AF until yesterday though and we'd already decided to go to Lust Luck Liquor and Burn next door for some Mexican food.

Man of Honour
Had my first Byron in Manchester over the weekend, really tasty and perfectly cooked but them prices :eek:

Didn't find AF until yesterday though and we'd already decided to go to Lust Luck Liquor and Burn next door for some Mexican food.

I've still not tried Lust Liquor and Burn. I hear it's pretty good though (and as you prob already know, owned by the same people as AF).

AF is infinitely better than Byron btw. I'd also rate Filthy Cow.

Are you still in Manc? I could recommend some other pro places :)

Man of Honour
I've still not tried Lust Liquor and Burn. I hear it's pretty good though (and as you prob already know, owned by the same people as AF).

AF is infinitely better than Byron btw. I'd also rate Filthy Cow.

Are you still in Manc? I could recommend some other pro places :)

Lust Liqour and Burn was great, the only downside was my friend ordered the tacos and while tasty they were not tacos it was some filling stacked on top of something smaller than a pancake you get from the Chinese for your crispy duck.
I had a buritto which was brilliant.

I'm not I was only up there for the weekend :(

Man of Honour
Lust Liqour and Burn was great, the only downside was my friend ordered the tacos and while tasty they were not tacos it was some filling stacked on top of something smaller than a pancake you get from the Chinese for your crispy duck.
I had a buritto which was brilliant.

I'm not I was only up there for the weekend :(

Ah, sounds a bit closer to traditional tacos but I can see how you'd be annoyed if you wanted what is usually called tacos :/ The food sounds good though - I might try and get down there this week if I can sneak out of work for a long lunch.

Shame you're not still about. There's so many nice places to try out. Real shame you missed out on AF too as Byron is (imo) nowhere near as good and also a bigger chain.

edit: I'm not saying Byron sucks btw...it's just not as good :)

Man of Honour
There was talk of us spending some more time up there and checking out more of the city so I may be back in the future for some recommendations :)

Soldato
Had my first ever Five Guys earlier today as ones opened up near our local Cineworld, Nice burger and the fries where unlike anything I've had before taste wise.

I got the Bacon Cheeseburger, never had full crispy bacon on a burger before, didn't go mad with the toppings just lettuce, onions and jalapenos, Got the standard fries and some hot sauce for dipping. Sauce tasted like it was tobasco based.

Bit reluctant to pay £14 for a burger, fries and drink again though.

Back
Top Bottom