Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I went to Greedy Cow in Bow area last week and had the Wagyu beef. I may have been a bit drunk but honestly, best burger I've had in London.

Caporegime
went to five guys and £8 for a burger with no fries?

£5 for a milkshake?

total bill for 1 person was £15.50. yeah it was good but i think it's ridiculously priced for a fast food restaurant. the place was rammed as well and didn't have any spare tables so i can't see why they would drop their prices but i honestly think burger king is better overall.

paying that type of money you would want it served on a plate and table service tbh.

Soldato
Tried five guys for the first time the other day, it was pretty poor for the cost of it and the cheese left a weird taste in my mouth!

Associate
Went to five guys for the first time today. Didn't realise it was so expensive. (In comparison to other places) £4 for some chips took my by surprise.

We both got little cheeseburgers but I got Reg fries and she got fries. There was hundreds of them! There was enough in the bag to fill both our cups again and then some!

She got a vanilla shake and it was amazing. Once you look at the food the price isn't so bad tbh.

Much nicer than places like macdonalds and bk etc.

Any chance anyone has any recommendations for a decent burger place in notts?

Have you tried Annie's Burger Shack? They're pretty good - quite a few good beers as well!

Soldato
Hubbub Cafe Bar in SE London (Isle of Dogs area) - amazing burgers:

Dry looking lettuce
fried egg? on a burger??
onions rings? on a burger??
Pickle on top of burger
Not a burger, unless you are a snake
other crap to burger ratio very poor
plank of wood instead of a plate

The fries look very nice though :D

Associate
Anyone tried the new Byron Burger at the Corn Exchange in Manchester?

May give it a try but the last 'prem burger' place I went to was GBK and I thought it was crap, not to mention daft on the cost for the size of meal we got

Oh and something abit different - Tried Cabana in Manchester, Braziallian place in the Corn Exchange

Awesome burgers!!!

Man of Honour
Anyone tried the new Byron Burger at the Corn Exchange in Manchester?

May give it a try but the last 'prem burger' place I went to was GBK and I thought it was crap, not to mention daft on the cost for the size of meal we got

Oh and something abit different - Tried Cabana in Manchester, Braziallian place in the Corn Exchange

Awesome burgers!!!

Byron is a chain and is okay but not amazing.

Almost Famous and Filthy Cow are better :)

Soldato
based on this thread I went to Patty/Bun when in London the other week

Yeah was pretty, pretty good

beer was good
fries were good - chicken skin salt / mayo was OMG
burger was good - the bun was nicer at p/b - 7bone buns are a bit sloppy wet
wish id had the wings too now

Man of Honour
Dry looking lettuce
fried egg? on a burger??
onions rings? on a burger??
Pickle on top of burger
Not a burger, unless you are a snake
other crap to burger ratio very poor
plank of wood instead of a plate

The fries look very nice though :D

Hmmm guess it's not a great picture.

The lettuce wasn't dry neither was the tomato.
Yes a fried egg. Yes on a burger. Where have you been man?
Onion rings. Yup - amazing.
It was a 10oz or maybe 12oz patty (can't remember). Agreed a little small, but not insignificant even for my gargantuan appetite - I eat about 4000 cals a day :D
I love fillings in my burgers. Don't get me wrong plain burgers are great, but I like something more interesting. This burger was delicious, the meat was medium rare and well seasoned. The total thing wasn't that big I grant you, but still over 500g of burger is relatively satisfying.
You missed the bacon and cheese there too - I suppose they are sacrilegious too :p

It was missing avocado but they didn't have any :(

Soldato
based on this thread I went to Patty/Bun when in London the other week

Yeah was pretty, pretty good

beer was good
fries were good - chicken skin salt / mayo was OMG
burger was good - the bun was nicer at p/b - 7bone buns are a bit sloppy wet
wish id had the wings too now

Thunder Thighs dude, all about the Thunder Thighs :D:p

Associate
Had a great burger yesterday at the St. Patricks day parade in Trafalgar Square.

From a small van named Eat The Farm if I remember correctly, was spot on. One of the nicest burgers I've had in a while.

Associate
I prefer Bread Meats Bread. People will all have their own preference though so just more reason to try them all... Bread Meats Bread is better though :p

It is with great sadness that I have to announce that it looks like Burger Meats Bun in Glasgow has closed and/or moved to Edinburgh. Your only choices now are Bread Meats Bread (which is pretty good but not as good), other restaurants, and the usual 5 Guys, GBK etc. RIP Burger Meats Bun, you are missed. I might have to go to Edinburgh especially for the haggis fries.

Hubbub Cafe Bar in SE London (Isle of Dogs area) - amazing burgers:
snip

I've just had dinner, now I want second dinner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom