Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
The thing for me that lets Five Guys down is the service, which is little more than an posh McDonalds in comparison. For the money that you pay I really expect them to offer some kind of table service like everywhere else.

The thing is a Bacon Cheesburger in the UK from FG is £8.45 right where as in the US the same thing is $8.70 (about £6.50). So in the US it makes a bit more sense in that you are paying a little bit more than say a Mcdonalds or Burger King for a (IMO) far more tasty burger with the same level of service whereas over here you are paying what, three times more than a Big Mac or double that of a Bacon Double Cheese XL so that makes it look more disproportionate if that makes sense?

I suppose another difference between them all is that all of FG's burgers are cooked fresh as opposed to the others where either they are sat already waiting or they are sat in the warming trays in the back.

I understand what you are saying though and I'm not trying to defend their prices, I do think it's a little too expensive for what you get however I think if we were priced the same as the US then it would make it more reasonable.

Soldato
I understand what you are saying though and I'm not trying to defend their prices, I do think it's a little too expensive for what you get however I think if we were priced the same as the US then it would make it more reasonable.

I completely agree there, it should cost more than a McD's, BK etc and if it was in the price range you suggested I would be more than happy to pay. Just not the sort of money you can get an equally as good burger for in a sit down restaurant with a table service.

The cost of the fries and soft drink that I have the most issue with, £4 for fries and £2.50 for a paper cup that you have to fill yourself is steep putting it politely.

Don't me wrong it tastes good and far exceeds similar style outlets and I will likely go there from time to time but just hard to justify the £££.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Dip n Flip was bloody amazing. Not justfor the gravy concept, the burger was absolutely fantastic on it's own. Would highly, highly reccomend.

Soldato
Off to Yard'N'Coop shortly in the NQ

Anyone been?

I've been a couple of times. Not really a burger place as its basically a fried chicken place but imo a very good one!

You basically choose your cut of meat which gets breaded and crispy fried and then choose a sauce to go with it.

They do some good sides which are worth a look in. The not chicken nuggets and jalapenos are a winner for me.

Associate
Well - urm yeah so went with what should have been a 'work lunch'

Ended up being urm work lunch and meeting with drinks till 8.....

Had the Vegas Fries - which was amazing

No pictures I'm afraid. But really really worth going for

Total meal was
1 Vegas Fries (sweet patatoe fries, peanut butter, jam, cheese, chicken thighes and bbq sauce)
Chirzo thins - very thin chirizo in tempura
Quiet Russian - none alcholic - soooooo morish

£16 for that well worth it

Soldato
Hitting up London again on Tuesday

So I have been to

Hawksmoor (Spitafields) (thought was rather meh for the cost)
Big Easy bar.b.q & crabshack (quite a decent place but been twice so bored of this now)
Meat Liquor
Byron

Where to go next for a group of three of us I have the Dojo app for London on my phone it recommends Joe's Southern Table and Bar in Covent Garden has anyone been here?

Was also thinking about Flat Iron as steak is always a winner.

Soldato
Hitting up London again on Tuesday

So I have been to

Hawksmoor (Spitafields) (thought was rather meh for the cost)
Big Easy bar.b.q & crabshack (quite a decent place but been twice so bored of this now)
Meat Liquor
Byron

Where to go next for a group of three of us I have the Dojo app for London on my phone it recommends Joe's Southern Table and Bar in Covent Garden has anyone been here?

Was also thinking about Flat Iron as steak is always a winner.

Been to Honest Burgers or Big Fernand?

Joe's is alright, I would rate on a similar level to Big Easy.

Back
Top Bottom